Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited May 2013

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Bicentennial Blitz Part 1

NAME: PhoenixRyder

LINK TO SIM: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7295284

LEVEL: Intermediate

PARTICIPATION: Full Challenge intended, but in the next few weeks I'll be finishing my exams, having visitors, moving out of dorm and back home for the summer and interviewing for some jobs so it might not work out time wise.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yay - we have some sim entries!!

Just to let you all know that the intermediate results for 196-197 Jitters are up here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited May 2013

NAME: Nikkifin

LINK TO SIM: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7297400

LEVEL: intermediate

PARTICIPATION: full challenge

This is a simpersona of me, BBW Rockabilly chic. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nikkifin wrote:

NAME: Nikkifin

LINK TO SIM: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7297400

LEVEL: intermediate

PARTICIPATION: full challenge

This is a simpersona of me, BBW Rockabilly chic. :)

Why is it showing my entry not in till the 17th?? weird. it's not even the 17th yet.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2013
    The 2nd part of the challenge is up! Don't worry if you haven't submitted the first phase yet, you can do both entries at the same time :)

Remember, as a special Bicentennial Blitz incentive, the awards for each category will be a bit different this time. Each 1st Place winner will receive 500SP worth of wishlist items!!

The winning party venue (as chosen from all the 1st place entrants) will be featured in a separate thread here on the official forums as well as on BuildersBoulevard.

Can't wait to see your entries!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    FreizhaFreizha Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Sooo no matter what I try, I cannot get this building to show up anywhere so that I an put it on a lot and see it. I downloaded it, installed in and when it didn't show up i tried installing it again and it still wouldnt show up. I checked in the homes section I even tried setting it as a community lot and looking in the building there it still didnt show up which is weird. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have no clue on how to do a step and repeat wall. Maybe I should have stayed a beginner. so much to learn. I got the carpet and ropes down but that wall is going to be a challenge. of to the tutorial threads I go....
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2013
    Freizha wrote:
    Sooo no matter what I try, I cannot get this building to show up anywhere so that I an put it on a lot and see it. I downloaded it, installed in and when it didn't show up i tried installing it again and it still wouldnt show up. I checked in the homes section I even tried setting it as a community lot and looking in the building there it still didnt show up which is weird. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

I exported it from Twinbrook. Do you have that world installed? If not, I might need to place it in Sunset Valley and export from there for you...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nikkifin wrote:
    I have no clue on how to do a step and repeat wall. Maybe I should have stayed a beginner. so much to learn. I got the carpet and ropes down but that wall is going to be a challenge. of to the tutorial threads I go....

I didn't think about neeeding a pattern for the step and repeat wall... You can just use a white background, or I'll whip up a B-n-S pattern tomorrow for people who want to use it...
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ah I've missed jitters and I may or may not be able to participate in the second part of this. I will properly dress my sim up and post her later though :)
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited May 2013
    I am so confused by this challenge. :(

I can get the lot into my town, no problem. I just... Gah. Making a party space and keeping the exterior the same. Keeping a warehouse layout but adding valet parking and an outdoor area. So much to think about! And then having a stop and go, or whatever its called, wall... not sure how to do all that :) I'll give it a shot though!
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited May 2013
    nikkifin wrote:

I didn't think about neeeding a pattern for the step and repeat wall... You can just use a white background, or I'll whip up a B-n-S pattern tomorrow for people who want to use it...

I would love a pattern if you have time, KitKat.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nikkifin wrote:

Sounds great!! in the mean time ill work on the building. Question,
    the Building is Huge!! did you want us to keep the salon and build a event space on the second and third floors. also I have no idea how to do valet parking. This one is gonna be a big learning experience for me. I love it!!
  • Options
    KarimaKarima Posts: 142 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Quick questions...

Can you change the entrance into the building to another location?
    Can you change/remove the stairs?
    Can you add additional foundation (like adding a patio/porch)?
    Can I remove the awnings?
    Can I change/remove the columns in front?

Sorry so many questions....I don't want to ASSume anything :roll:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited May 2013
    "decorate your party space with the Build-n-Share Bicentennial Party in mind"

what does this mean?? just make it look like a rich person party?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nikkifin wrote:

i see nothing about a "step and repeat wall "

"Requirements:
    You cannot change the exterior layout of the walls. All existing exterior walls must remain in place.
    You can add/change interior walls, windows, and doors.
    Exterior should retain the "converted warehouse" look, although you can exchange the current siding for a similar one.
    You must have a "step and repeat" red carpet area outside as well as a valet/parking area.
    Inside needs at least two separate bar areas and at least one food area.
    Bathroom facilities are required.
    Need at least one outdoor patio/deck seating area.
    Should have a "VIP" party area.
    As much as possible, decorate your party space with the Build-n-Share Bicentennial Party in mind - this will be part of your score.
    Have fun, and be creative "

i see "step and repeat red carpet area" what am i missing?? and i assume that just means a long red carpet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    there is no room on that lot for parking, except the 2 car garage that is already there :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Karima wrote:
    Quick questions...

Can you change the entrance into the building to another location?
    Can you change/remove the stairs?
    Can you add additional foundation (like adding a patio/porch)?
    Can I remove the awnings?
    Can I change/remove the columns in front?

Sorry so many questions....I don't want to ASSume anything :roll:

You can change/add any of the above. Just keep the basic floorplan the same (don't add new rooms on the outside - patios/porches are fine) and it should have the look of a converted warehouse when you are done(can change color/texture of the exterior though).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ashley1693 wrote:
    nikkifin wrote:

i see nothing about a "step and repeat wall "

"Requirements:
    You cannot change the exterior layout of the walls. All existing exterior walls must remain in place.
    You can add/change interior walls, windows, and doors.
    Exterior should retain the "converted warehouse" look, although you can exchange the current siding for a similar one.
    You must have a "step and repeat" red carpet area outside as well as a valet/parking area.
    Inside needs at least two separate bar areas and at least one food area.
    Bathroom facilities are required.
    Need at least one outdoor patio/deck seating area.
    Should have a "VIP" party area.
    As much as possible, decorate your party space with the Build-n-Share Bicentennial Party in mind - this will be part of your score.
    Have fun, and be creative "

i see "step and repeat red carpet area" what am i missing?? and i assume that just means a long red carpet.

Well, the step are repeat area I linked to has a wall, and sponsors' logos are generally put here for some exposure/advertisement. Technically, a wall is not required for the build (what you have described would be fine on its own), but if one is included, a pattern would be a nice addition for it ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ashley1693 wrote:
    there is no room on that lot for parking, except the 2 car garage that is already there :(

What I had in mind for valet parking would be a valet stand with maybe one or two parking spots for vehicles in transit. The actual main parking area in a valet situation is often off the property.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nikkifin wrote:
    nikkifin wrote:

Sounds great!! in the mean time ill work on the building. Question,
    the Building is Huge!! did you want us to keep the salon and build a event space on the second and third floors. also I have no idea how to do valet parking. This one is gonna be a big learning experience for me. I love it!!

You can keep the salon area if you want, or change the whole space into different dining and dance areas. The sky's the limit ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ashley1693 wrote:

What I had in mind for valet parking would be a valet stand with maybe one or two parking spots for vehicles in transit. The actual main parking area in a valet situation is often off the property.

i dont have a valet stand in my game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ashley1693 wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:

i dont have a valet stand in my game.

Nope - there's not one. You'd have to use in-game objects and your ninja design skills to make one ;) (Here's an oldie-but-goodie thread for inspiration on that front)
  • Options
    FreizhaFreizha Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Freizha wrote:

I exported it from Twinbrook. Do you have that world installed? If not, I might need to place it in Sunset Valley and export from there for you...

Nope I don't have Twinbrook :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's probably it, friezha - let me see what I can do...

Try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?nehojx8q33rabxq

Guys - making an addendum to the rules. You can move this building to a 30x30 lot to allow for addition of the valet parking stand and red carpet area.

Also, as asked before, remember that you can add new entrances if you'd like.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top