Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would love to do a remodel. Something where you have to keep the exterior walls but can change anything else. Such as a new family is moving in to a space and needs to fix things to suit a new style or lifestyle. Using something from sunset valley or twinbrook would be great since everyone has access to them- or even something from the exchange. I like those challenges because there are so many interpretations for the same space.

But I am sure that whatever you pick it will be fun. Something medieval would be fun certainly or even island themed as the new expansion will be out soon! SO EXCITED ooooh a waterfront lot!!!! That would be awesome! WOW I sure can ramble....
  • Options
    lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    edited June 2013

I haven't participated lately due to RL obligations. I try to as much as I can though, because I love this contest. It is so interesting to see what different people do starting on the same premises.

I have something I would love to do and see how others do it:
    A park or beach with open air gym and welness. No pool, but everything else, including hottubs. I am thinking of a beach style lot.
    For those who don't have the Ep's where you can build beach lots, a park with a pond and beach flair would do the trick.

Just an idea :D

Have fun,
    Le
  • Options
    ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see specific style (interior and exterior) challenges, like Victorian or Moroccan and so on.
  • Options
    EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, My job swallowed me whole sooner than anticipated. As you know I'm an historic house junkie. Historic House challenges are always welcome. Because these places matter.
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great ideas, everyone! Thanks :) New challenge will be up shortly. Reviving an oldie-but-goodie for this week :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2013
    New challenge is up :D

The White Box Challenge II (201-202)

This Week’s Challenge Specifics:

The White Box Challenge

This challenge was inspired by HGTV's Design Star. For those that follow this series, each season, there's a "white box challenge" that all of the designers have to compete in. Basically, this is the same thing. I took "Minihaus" from 53 Maywood Lane in Sunset Valley, removed a few items, and changed everything to white.

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7361652

Your challenge is to CAS it up! Show off your sense of style! This is how you would want to design it if you had to live there. You may add items to the rooms, but all existing objects must remain in the house. You can re-arrange items withing the existing rooms, however, you like.

Some notes:
    Your budget is not to exceed 80k simoleans.
    You MUST reuse every single object already in the house.
    Don't forget the exterior.
    When you take screenshots, make sure to take clear screenshots of your interior rooms.
    No walls can be added or removed, but you can move around windows and doors if you would like.

Have fun designing!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2013
    Question: Can we change the awful fencing if we keep it in the same place. I mean the fencing on the roof and inside the living room? I'd just like something a little more CAS friendly as the color of this brick is not changeable. There are other fence options that would serve the purpose for dividing the room and fencing in the roof.

I am assuming that we can change the color of the roof, is that correct?
  • Options
    SimiHendrixEXPSimiHendrixEXP Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like the new White Box Challenge! Question: is the $80,000 budget total, or is that for extras?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    Question: Can we change the awful fencing if we keep it in the same place. I mean the fencing on the roof and inside the living room? I'd just like something a little more CAS friendly as the color of this brick is not changeable. There are other fence options that would serve the purpose for dividing the room and fencing in the roof.

I am assuming that we can change the color of the roof, is that correct?

You can change the fencing to a similar, solid fence or half-wall (no fences with slats in other words). And yes on the roof as well.
    I like the new White Box Challenge! Question: is the $80,000 budget total, or is that for extras?

That's 80,000 total - so about 35,000 for extras, depending upon where you place the lot.

This is a lot from Sunset Valley with base game items, so everyone should be able to download. Let me know if you have any troubles :)
  • Options
    2troublesome2troublesome Posts: 118 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Can we change the fence to an actual half wall?
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited June 2013
    Can we change the fence to an actual half wall?

Yeah you can :)
    You can change the fencing to a similar, solid fence or half-wall (no fences with slats in other words)
  • Options
    imperfectme13imperfectme13 Posts: 22
    edited June 2013
    This may seem like a stupid question, but I am new to this post. Are we allowed to use CC in the entries?

Please someone answer, as I'd like to participate either way :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This may seem like a stupid question, but I am new to this post. Are we allowed to use CC in the entries?

Please someone answer, as I'd like to participate either way :)

Yes, CC is allowable. We just ask that you give credit to the creators in your entry post :D
  • Options
    EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2013
    And I was being so good with keeping my multiple pattens under control. Oh well.

So the Sectional Cement Fence and the Shapely Shine Fence are out huh?
  • Options
    SimiHendrixEXPSimiHendrixEXP Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2013
    I created a storyboard of the pics for this entry - the exact same pics as before, just displayed in a cool new way. I'm thinking I'll use this style for future challenges. :)
    http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/SimiHendrixEXP/story/16911#
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Build-n-Share Challenge #198-200** Bicentennial Blitz

NAME: SimiHendrixEXP

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7338520

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/SimiHendrixEXP/slideshow/Build%20N%20Share%20Challenge%20200th%20Anniversary

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: $255,391, I moved the original lot to 41 Sulfur Springs in Aurora Skies but will fit any 30x30 corner lot.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: When the board of Louis Vuitton heard Build n Share Challenge was about to celebrate its 200th challenge, they raced to be the 1st to throw a party. They commissioned Simi Hendrix to design a lounge in a converted warehouse. The building is surrounded by a rose garden that LV dedicated to Rose to thank her for her business. Also includes: valet service; stop-n-walk rope line; top floor VIP area; drink and bubble bars and light snacks; bottom floor meet-up lounge with a check-in desk, photo booth, and dressing area; hot tub grotto; outdoor bar; garden seating; VIP parking spot; Tardis booth; complimentary champagne flowing everywhere; and LV patterns throughout (patterns simmified by Simi).

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
  • Options
    Cbn036Cbn036 Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2013

NAME: Cbn036

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7371992

LINK TO MEDIA: https://plus.google.com/photos/108864842954422676712/albums/5887324526695682465

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Blue Haven, 53 Maywood Lane in Sunset Valley, 30x20 $70,820

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 2 bedroom, 1 bath home with zen garden. This home is for the sims who love the blues. Blue color scheme on the outside. Fire pit & ping pong table on 2nd level patio. The color schemes and amenities help to relax your Sims.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, first time entering a building challenge. Wish to improve building techniques.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: NO CC or exchange items used. Only EA/Sims 3 content used.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    EleneK wrote:
    And I was being so good with keeping my multiple pattens under control. Oh well.

So the Sectional Cement Fence and the Shapely Shine Fence are out huh?

I would be okay with the Shapely Shine Fence since even though clear, it is solid. I love the Sectional Cement, but it is really closer to a slatted fence than a sold one. Yes, I know that might seem contradictory... sorry :shock: Solid fencing is okay (even if it's clear), slatted fencing is out. Half-walls in place of fencing is also okay.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I created a storyboard of the pics for this entry - the exact same pics as before, just displayed in a cool new way. I'm thinking I'll use this style for future challenges. :)

It took me a bit to figure it all out, but I LOVE the new Photobucket storyboard! Looking forward to seeing you use it in new entries :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    KittKat7147,

I just entered Blue Haven to the White Box Challenge. If I didn't do something right, let me know. I'm hoping I submitted the entry the right way. This is the first time I've entered a building challenge. I used Picasa for my media files so if you can't access it, let me know.

Thanks.
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited June 2013
    Cbn036 wrote:

NAME: Cbn036

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7371992

LINK TO MEDIA: https://plus.google.com/photos/108864842954422676712/albums/5887324526695682465

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Blue Haven, 53 Maywood Lane in Sunset Valley, 30x20 $70,820

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 2 bedroom, 1 bath home with zen garden. This home is for the sims who love the blues. Blue color scheme on the outside. Fire pit & ping pong table on 2nd level patio. The color schemes and amenities help to relax your Sims.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, first time entering a building challenge. Wish to improve building techniques.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: NO CC or exchange items used. Only EA/Sims 3 content used.

I love what you did with the kids room! It is just so cute!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cbn036 wrote:
    KittKat7147,

I just entered Blue Haven to the White Box Challenge. If I didn't do something right, let me know. I'm hoping I submitted the entry the right way. This is the first time I've entered a building challenge. I used Picasa for my media files so if you can't access it, let me know.

Thanks.

Welcome to the challenge! Everything looks good :D And your media showed up fine for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Grrr... stupid double post :evil:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/PhieRyder/slideshow/Bicentennial Blitz 2 They are not in any type of order. I'm just getting them up there and onto here.

PhoenixRyder, your media is not showing up for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I love what you did with the kids room! It is just so cute!

Thank you. I love the rockers from SN..usually have at least 1 (if not more) in my Sims homes :)
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited June 2013
    can i rearrange items to different rooms?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top