May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited June 2013
    im baaack
  • Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited June 2013
    sorry I have been off awhile. My computers motherboard died and I had to buy another computer and move my memory over so I wouldn't loose all my games and stuff. I missed the second half of the bicentinial challenge, I never finished since my computer died. Today is the first day im back on my computer and miss sims soooooooo much. I got the new challenge and can't wait to enter.
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sorry I have one more question... can we get rid of the floor tiles outside and replace them with one of the lovely terrain paints? Getting toward the the end of my budget and losing those tiles would save me some $$ plus I prefer the cobbled and stone in the paint better for outside areas. Thanks!
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    ashley1693 wrote:
    can i rearrange items to different rooms?

You can rearrange items within the rooms but not to a different room.
    nikkifin wrote:
    sorry I have been off awhile. My computers motherboard died and I had to buy another computer and move my memory over so I wouldn't loose all my games and stuff. I missed the second half of the bicentinial challenge, I never finished since my computer died. Today is the first day im back on my computer and miss sims soooooooo much. I got the new challenge and can't wait to enter.

Welcome back, nikki :D
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    Sorry I have one more question... can we get rid of the floor tiles outside and replace them with one of the lovely terrain paints? Getting toward the the end of my budget and losing those tiles would save me some $$ plus I prefer the cobbled and stone in the paint better for outside areas. Thanks!

Sure - you can replace the tiles with terrain paint.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks! My build is complete but still working on my media. Should be posting today or Tues.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited June 2013
    Apologies for the delay, that nasty thing called "Real Life" got in my way!

The Intermediate Results for 198-200 Bicentennial Blitz are now available here
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited June 2013
    sorry, just saw this. I'll see what's wrong and post the link again, either as a new post quoting this, or in my original post if i can find it.

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/PhieRyder/library/Build-n-Share Challenge/Bicentennial Blitz 2

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/PhieRyder/slideshow/Bicentennial Blitz 2 They are not in any type of order. I'm just getting them up there and onto here.

PhoenixRyder, your media is not showing up for me.
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited June 2013
    can i create a family to live in the house?
  • Options
    exdemon1120exdemon1120 Posts: 899 Member
    edited June 2013
    Can we add additional windows or doors?
  • Options
    Bkisha1Bkisha1 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    hi can I put pictures up in the house and flowers and rugs even if it cant be changed to white :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    can we replace objects? for example put a different single bed where the original is?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    can we get rid of/cover up the sand in the back yard?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ashley1693 wrote:
    can we replace objects? for example put a different single bed where the original is?

I don't think we can replace any furniture. It says
    all existing objects must remain in the house
    in the description. And
    You MUST reuse every single object already in the house.
    ashley1693 wrote:

I have! I left it there, but covered it up.
    Bkisha1 wrote:
    hi can I put pictures up in the house and flowers and rugs even if it cant be changed to white

I think the point is that you should change things to be not white? I think. That's what I'm doing.

Good question, I'd like to know that too!
    ashley1693 wrote:
    I usually do. It makes taking pictures easier. You can export the house without the family too.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ashley1693 wrote:

As it states in the rules, all the original objects must be used.
    ashley1693 wrote:

Yes, that is fine :D
    ashley193 wrote:

Of course! :)
    exdemon wrote:

Yes, but original doors/windows need to be used and stay in their original places.
    Bkisha1 wrote:
    hi can I put pictures up in the house and flowers and rugs even if it cant be changed to white

As Phoenix mentioned, the point is to change the color of the items already there to fit your overall design. Us making them all white at the beginning just gives you a kind of "blank canvas" to start with :D

• Options
    Jaded_Mage1Jaded_Mage1 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I'm a first time participant, so please let me know if something's gone awry! :wink:

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: The White Box II #201-201
    NAME: Jaded_Mage1

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7386077

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=453806

LEVEL: Beginner

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20X30 9 Sun Song Ave $77,267

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Minihaus- 2 bedroom, 1 bath plus office and formal dining room. pool, car, serenity garden and rooftop bar.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm a first time participant, so please let me know if something's gone awry! :wink:

Welcome to the challenge, Jaded-Mage1 :D Everything with your entry looks good. Just to confirm - under Constructive Criticism you left "no if you'd only like positive feedback." Does that mean that you that would not like any suggestions for improvement from our judges?

Kat
  • Options
    exdemon1120exdemon1120 Posts: 899 Member
    edited June 2013
    exdemon wrote:

Yes, but original doors/windows need to be used and stay in their original places.

I thought in the rules it said we could move the windows and doors....
    Some notes:
    Your budget is not to exceed 80k simoleans.
    Don't forget the exterior.
    When you take screenshots, make sure to take clear screenshots of your interior rooms.
    No walls can be added or removed, but you can move around windows and doors if you would like.
  • Options
    pischypischy Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Can we replace the wall and floor coverings or do can we only cas them. I want to use wood but the cas wood is to repetitive.

I'm asking this because I already finished the house! It's beautiful!
  • Options
    Jaded_Mage1Jaded_Mage1 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    under Constructive Criticism you left "no if you'd only like positive feedback." Does that mean that you that would not like any suggestions for improvement from our judges?
    Thanks, Kat. Changed my mind- it would definitely be helpful to get some feedback, and the judges do so in a kind and well-meaning way.
    Unfortunately, I didn't see the part about not moving furniture from one room to another. (I moved a desk) :? But it was fun, and I'll pay better attention in the next contest.

Jaded_Mage1

I moved the desk back. My entry should be in compliance with the rules now. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    OH no! I replaced all the windows and doors.....SOB well I don't have time to redo- so I guess I will be setting this one out- most of them are probably in the same place.... but they are definitely not the same ones. Oh well. I will simply not have the time to fix it now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I thought in the rules it said we could move the windows and doors....
    Some notes:
    Your budget is not to exceed 80k simoleans.
    Don't forget the exterior.
    When you take screenshots, make sure to take clear screenshots of your interior rooms.
    No walls can be added or removed, but you can move around windows and doors if you would like.

Ah, I guess I only changed that rule in my mind :oops: So, yes, since that is what I posted, you can definitely move windows and doors. Sorry for the confusion!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    OH no! I replaced all the windows and doors.....SOB well I don't have time to redo- so I guess I will be setting this one out- most of them are probably in the same place.... but they are definitely not the same ones. Oh well. I will simply not have the time to fix it now.

Sorry to hear that :( Hope you can still post pics so that we can see your design :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'll see what I can do :D

Here is the link to my blog where I had already updated most of the photos.

http://greenowl77.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/build-n-share-201-202-the-white-box-ii/

And one preview image of the front of the home. Theme was pastels mostly pink.

screenshot-5.jpg?w=640

Even though it's not going to be an official entry I would love to hear what you think, also if anyone wants it I can upload the lot to mediafire- there is a lot of CC there.

Ah what the heck, here's the downloadable lot, for those who would like it, it includes my Sim too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l45amviozzy1ofj
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You can re-arrange items withing the existing rooms, however, you like.

What exactly counts as a room? I see a bathroom, a bedroom, a kids room and an open living space. I've moved stuff around in this living space, was it meant to be a living room, a dining room, a kitchen and a study?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    I'll see what I can do :D

Here is the link to my blog where I had already updated most of the photos.

http://greenowl77.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/build-n-share-201-202-the-white-box-ii/

And one preview image of the front of the home. Theme was pastels mostly pink.

screenshot-5.jpg?w=640

Even though it's not going to be an official entry I would love to hear what you think, also if anyone wants it I can upload the lot to mediafire- there is a lot of CC there.

Ah what the heck, here's the downloadable lot, for those who would like it, it includes my Sim too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l45amviozzy1ofj

This looks so lovely! The only criticism I have is that it is still quite white, but that may just be me going "white box challenge? eradicate anything white!" But it all fits together so well! I especially loved the green kids room. It made a lovely contrast to the pink pink pink of the other rooms.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top