Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has won the WORST COMPANY for customer service two years in a row

Comments

• Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pary wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Well I could really just start ignoring posts which quote me / are directed at me, but it'd be rather rude. :| So yeah.. if I'm quoted, replied to or mentioned, I'll reply. It's as simple as that to me.

Right well no doubt you'll be wanting to reply to this one then too.
    Your post you mention is not the one I was referring to. It was this one
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    This thread...... no.

That kind of empty, useless remark isn't needed in a thread such as this.

If you know exactly why you post something, and exactly when not to post certain things, then you should have known that this kind of comment wouldn't at all be helpful.
    And as such it was not meant to be helpful. I was expressing my annoyance with the thread because I knew that if I went on to explain in detail, I'd sound more than rude.

Sorry if that one post really bothered you so much. My apologies.
  • Options
    bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited May 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Starrfoxx wrote:
    Yes, they did say it was an offline, single player experience. What they did NOT say was how this game will be distributed. They have stated in the past that they will be moving to more and more digital distribution via Origin. So, there is a good chance that Sims 4 will require Origin in order to play. You may be required to go online to "authenticate" your game first before being allowed to play offline (Steam anyone?)

Of course you will need Origin. You already do if you buy the Sims 3 base game that's in Stores now. No more optional Origin.

Question is, will it be digital only or will they bother to make a disc for us ?

hmmmm.. Interesting point. I prefer discs: physical evidence of my purchase. I hope we still get that option. Digital copies allows the company to do whatever they want with my purchase. They can retire it and poof, it's gone.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    They provided disks for SimCity which has nothing to do with offline gameplay, so I'm 99% sure they'll put out Sims 4 on disks :)

Edit: Also, I sincerely hope it'll be available on Steam :) Only reason SimCity wasn't is because it uses Origin to connect to servers. Fingers crossed 8)
  • Options
    hdfkjj282hdfkjj282 Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Everything.

I have a very good computer and yet I'v had many problems with the sims 3

because they don't have any support at all it took me 6 months searching on the internet to find the cure and hours with ea didn't help

any way the sims 3 and its expansion packs are all like 800 dollars.. tell me how that is fair? rather just play skyrim than that load of ****

Time to make a stand and never buy from ea again its a company thats rich because they sell lots of cheap crap.
  • Options
    Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited May 2013
    hdfkjj282 wrote:
    Everything.

because they don't have any support at all it took me 6 months searching on the internet to find the cure and hours with ea didn't help

any way the sims 3 and its expansion packs are all like 800 dollars.. tell me how that is fair? rather just play skyrim than that load of ****

Time to make a stand and never buy from ea again its a company thats rich because they sell lots of cheap crap.

What kind of computer?
  • Options
    AmberNicole1989AmberNicole1989 Posts: 1,532
    edited May 2013
    Seeing as I can't play this game without mods says a lot about it. I understand that a lot of people still don't use the mods, but a lot of people do. EA should do what Valve does and hire the people who make their game better.

I was so excited when sims 3 came out because it was open world, boy was I disappointed when I first got it. They didn't include a lot of the items in the base game that they had in the sims 2 base game. I wouldn't have been annoyed if those items weren't included in the sims 2 but because they were, I was. I built my computer and it is up to date and I still get lag. I still suffer glitches. I usually find a way to correct it, but I didn't have these problems in the sims 2. I never once tried customer support because most of those people have no idea what they are talking about. I just figured it out myself or came to the forums for help. Honestly if they didn't have the forums I probably would have given up on the game. This is the first and only forum I have ever regularly came on for a game, because of the issues I have had.

While I do think the game developers and producers care about us, I don't believe EA does. EA is a corporation, and corporations have a bad rap for not caring about their customers. What is important to them is making money. The reason people who complain and still buy the games is because EA has their name on so many games. While I do enjoy my sims game I honestly wouldn't play it if it wasn't for Twallan's mods. Yes I have continued to buy expansions, they usually add new interactions and items that I like, although they still need to do better. Also I remember the good old days in sims 2 where you could download items from the site for free. They shouldn't have made the store cost money. I don't know exactly where this all came from, probably facebook games, but I really hate it when games add that. I don't buy anything from the store because it annoys me to no end, EA makes enough money.

I'm not hating because at one point EA was a great company, they just need to prove themselves better with sims 4.

I got a little off topic.
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2013
    hdfkjj282 wrote:
    Everything.

I understand your dilemma. I had problems many many times and EA was virtually no help. I always had to rely on good ol' google to search and find other people's problems and then come up with solution. Sometimes I wonder if some of the people helping really know what they are talking about.
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Seeing as I can't play this game without mods says a lot about it. I understand that a lot of people still don't use the mods, but a lot of people do. EA should do what Valve does and hire the people who make their game better.

I also think that its ridiculous how my game can't be enjoyable without mods :S
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited May 2013
    Susiechan wrote:
    I guess I lack insight in the EA hate because I don't hate them. I don't feel used and my game works fine. Everything isn't perfect and I have to use mods although I would use mods anyways. I spend too much money, but I will always posses the things I buy unlike Social games that bleed you for things that are temporary. I sympathize for Mac players. It really isn't made for you and it says it is and I can see why you would be mad. That is the exact reason I would never own a Mac.

Ah, your comment about Mac reminded me of my respond to my friends. :-) .

They are Apple's fans. They like Iphone, Ipad and prefer Mac than PC. One day they asked me "Why don't you buy Mac ? Why did you buy PC ? Mac is cool". And I told them "Because Mac is not made for my game (The Sims) :wink: ".

They are literally rolling their eyes hearing my answer :P :lol::mrgreen: .

Same here. Nothing bad about Apple. It's just not made for the Sims. I have an IPad, and three Ipods, and I'm going to buy an IPhone. I love Apple.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have never bought a digital downloaded game, so I am ignorant in this. If you have a downloaded game, aren't you required to be online? If this is true, then they said you won't be required to be online, so they will have to sell physical copies.
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    EA is pushing to go online download only or they were within the last year. They wanted to remove the physical copies of the game but I don't think the market will allow this entirely.

As to the nature of the thread. OP and complainers. I'd like to see you guys make a video game. :)
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have never bought a digital downloaded game, so I am ignorant in this. If you have a downloaded game, aren't you required to be online? If this is true, then they said you won't be required to be online, so they will have to sell physical copies.

Only to download it. Though it can vary from game to game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

It sucks that I have to do that, but at the same time I'm kinda glad because I learned how to install them. I never used mods up until the sims 3 so it's dumb to me.
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    As to the nature of the thread. OP and complainers. I'd like to see you guys make a video game. :)
    That's a poor answer. You do not need to be a chef to criticise food - you do not need to be a chef to know that raw chicken is bad for you or if the fly in your soup shouldn't be there.
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited May 2013

It sucks that I have to do that, but at the same time I'm kinda glad because I learned how to install them. I never used mods up until the sims 3 so it's dumb to me.

Yeah I had to learn too when my towns started to turn into ghost towns i was in desperate need of a proper story progression
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    lovcat wrote:
    That's a poor answer. You do not need to be a chef to criticise food - you do not need to be a chef to know that raw chicken is bad for you or if the fly in your soup shouldn't be there.

Criticize*

No, it isn't a poor answer. Yes, you do need to be a game designer to criticize games. Everyone is whining and moaning over things that are beyond the studio's control. The game ENGINE, wanna google that to find out what it is? Well either way the engine is old and wasn't developed by the team that is currently working on TS3 so there are a large amount of limitations and so many things that can break each other. Plus two different branches working on EPs and not in close contact about it.. causes things to break easily. X added this which broke Y's new object. Plus the store being another branch which also has its issues. It's not blink and create a game. A lot goes into it. There are A LOT of limitations including.. TIME.

I used to be on this bandwagon. Bashing EA until I started school to be a game developer. My tune changed real quick so yeah.. I still suggest that they try and make their own game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    Criticize*

No, it isn't a poor answer. Yes, you do need to be a game designer to criticize games. Everyone is whining and moaning over things that are beyond the studio's control. The game ENGINE, wanna google that to find out what it is? Well either way the engine is old and wasn't developed by the team that is currently working on TS3 so there are a large amount of limitations and so many things that can break each other. Plus two different branches working on EPs and not in close contact about it.. causes things to break easily. X added this which broke Y's new object. Plus the store being another branch which also has its issues. It's not blink and create a game. A lot goes into it. There are A LOT of limitations including.. TIME.

I used to be on this bandwagon. Bashing EA until I started school to be a game developer. My tune changed real quick so yeah.. I still suggest that they try and make their own game.

I'm not actually angry with the developers, it's not their fault that EA sets up things the way they do. They are hired by EA and have to do as they say. I'm annoyed with EA themselves, the corporation of people who don't care. I can tell sometimes by the way the developers/producers talk that they are limited to what they are allowed to do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I had to learn too when my towns started to turn into ghost towns i was in desperate need of a proper story progression

I know, I was like where is everyone? When I finally decided to get Twallans story progression I was pretty blown away at what he added. Made the game so much more interesting, he spoiled us.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    lovcat wrote:

Criticize*

*criticise. I speak English.

No, you do not need to be a game designer to criticise games, what a silly thing to say. My point still rests. You do not need to be an author to criticise a book. You do not need to be a Christian to criticise Christianity. You do not need to be a professor in nuclear physics to criticise nuclear warfare. You do not need to be a politician to criticise Government policies.

If you have to be an expert in anything to criticise, then there wouldn't be experts.

Do you honestly believe people have to be game developers to criticise The Sims 3? Because that is a hilarious opinion to hold.
  • Options
    littleactress3littleactress3 Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:

Criticize*

Actually it is criticise, unless it's US English.
    No I'm sorry I disagree, you don't need to be an expert to know that something's not right. I certainly can bash a company for claiming this game works on my mac when it clearly doesn't! If it doesn't work - don't release it.
  • Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2013
    Your post has nothing to do with the Sims 4 - so I call 'wrong forum'!

Also, I truly don't see why you would waste your precious time complaining on a website of a company/game that you loathe so much. We are all aware that there are problems with the game, but not one of us has seen anything of substance of TS4 so I suggest you wait and see what is on offer.

If you think the company/game is bad then don't play it, don't spend time worrying about it. There is more to life than the Sims so I suggest you find a better outlet for your voice than a site filled with people ready to argue with you about any and every negative OR positive comment you make!

It's not healthy!
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2013

Just once to verify your copy. The download version of Sims 3 doesn't require a permanent Internet Connection so they could go download only and still live up to their word.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    goodnighthelenagoodnighthelena Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2013
    CMWarren wrote:
    let me share the single greatest truth about the world: video gamers are the whiniest, most self-absorbed, self-entitled people on the face of the earth.

a portion of EA's problems is not EA at all, but the gamers.

I see this issue play out with alot of video game companies.

I remeber getting sick of someone ranting about KRU Interactive's support system, saying it was too slow. I never had that problem, so I asked them what their issue was that they were submitting a support ticket, then told them to send me when they write the next time they want to submit a ticket, and hold it back. it was whiny to the point of being abusive. I rewrote it, removed all the snark, and had them send it. 20 minutes later, they had a full responce, and their problem was solved.

I have found alot of what EA complaints entail never happens to me. I get responces in a prompt, courteous manner, because no matter how frustrated I am, my submissions are courteous, because I know for a fact that video game companies have to deal with alot of, as already noted, Whiny, self-absorbed, self-entitled crap.

I agree. Every time I've had an issue with any game from EA, I was courteous to them and asked for assistance in a polite manner. And guess what, I got it!
    When I was having an issue with the Store they gave my $30 worth of free simpoints for my troubles. I respect them and they respect me. Don't give them a hard time and you will end up getting what you want. I know I wouldn't help somebody who was being rude and disrespectful to me. You blame Human Rescources for the issues when all they can do is help YOU.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually it is criticise, unless it's US English.
    No I'm sorry I disagree, you don't need to be an expert to know that something's not right. I certainly can bash a company for claiming this game works on my mac when it clearly doesn't! If it doesn't work - don't release it.
    Exactly, you do not need to be an expert. If we were all told to become experts, then the entire gaming industry would be a stagnant mess where only useless developers thinking inside their boxes would be able to create games, when it's thinking outside of the box using the thoughts and aspirations of your customers that can truly evolve a franchise. Nothing is impossible, as they say.
  • Options
    littleactress3littleactress3 Posts: 4
    edited May 2013

I agree. Every time I've had an issue with any game from EA, I was courteous to them and asked for assistance in a polite manner. And guess what, I got it!
    When I was having an issue with the Store they gave my $30 worth of free simpoints for my troubles. I respect them and they respect me. Don't give them a hard time and you will end up getting what you want. I know I wouldn't help somebody who was being rude and disrespectful to me. You blame Human Rescources for the issues when all they can do is help YOU.

I have been nothing BUT courteous to EA support, yet they have been no help whatsoever and sometimes **** right patronising.
    I would be over the MOON if they'd even offer me 1 free Simpoint as a goodwill gesture for this game not working. But no, the best response I've had so far is 'This game isn't actually compatible with your machine, buy Windows for your mac and run it from there'.