Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has won the WORST COMPANY for customer service two years in a row

1235...Next

Comments

• ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I had to learn too when my towns started to turn into ghost towns i was in desperate need of a proper story progression

I know, I was like where is everyone? When I finally decided to get Twallans story progression I was pretty blown away at what he added. Made the game so much more interesting, he spoiled us.

Yeah it was very very very useful
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have been nothing BUT courteous to EA support, yet they have been no help whatsoever and sometimes **** right patronising.
    I would be over the MOON if they'd even offer me 1 free Simpoint as a goodwill gesture for this game not working. But no, the best response I've had so far is 'This game isn't actually compatible with your machine, buy Windows for your mac and run it from there'.
    Tell them they're falsely advertising the game. It clearly says Mac compatible on the box, on Origin and through all retailers. It's the behaviour which has earned them the rank of worst company for customer service.
  • Louise25213Louise25213 Posts: 199 Member
    edited May 2013
    "The Sims franchise is one of the most commercially successful in all of gaming as it reaches out to casual gamers and the more hardcore crowd alike. The Sims 3 has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide and spawned a number of console and handheld spin-offs and numerous themed expansions."
    So dispite EA being voted or winning the worst company for customer service, they still are able to sell millions of copies of sims, not to mention making it a franchise.
    It's funny how this works out, because your complaining about a game that you bought, with your own money, and then buying more expansion pack, which no one forced you to buy and you can still return them... Oh and your insulting EA and possibly other simmers by using something you are frankly peeved off at ( the sims 3 website, which was made by EA, you know that evil company that forced you to buy sims 3)
    Ill tone down my rudeness and say this, I have not been happy with EA either in the past like the Katy perry sweet treats. But I didt buy it because I knew I wouldn't like it. But other simmers would so I didt have a rant about it. My point:
    1) You don't need to buy it
    2) don't have a llama drama
    What company out there does not want money?
    edited May 2013
    Getting money is fine as long as you dont rip off people with it
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    The fact that EA is a company and wants money is not the issue here. Nor is it the issue it's sold 150 million copies of the sims.

The issue the op and many others are facing is

1. The lack of customer service provided to people with Mac issues.
    2. The botched game that didn't support Mac Os like it was intended due to an outside licensed group they should not have went with. (Rod humbles fault)
    3. This left the people who had Macs furious and didn't trust EA, and developers who didn't know how to fix the problem. All that brewed from it was distrust and rightfully so.
    4. Bugs and glitches outside the Mac Issue with the game that have never gotten fixed.
    5. Starting another expensive series with these same problems has people worried.

For one I'm saying i'll give the benefit of the doubt I'm not expecting anyone else too. However we don't have Rod Humble in charge here, (feels like when he left a curse was lifted from sims). We have a dev team who i think is fully aware of many of our problems and i think given the chance will try to improve this situation. Notice i said dev team because EA is of it's own company and of course prices are going to be high. As far timely glitches and quality products players need to research that area as to what they feel is quality on their part. That means we need to reserve judgement until we see the base game and see how it functions.

Mac users if they go with the same issues of converting the game over using the same licensed company you know what to do.

EA you have the worst customer service now that you've had such a falling out in the company its time you start to clean up your act and provide your customers with good quality service. That means making sure Sims has a team of bug fixers so that they can get fixes out in a timely manner. Don't tell you you don't know about them you can go into each thread for every expansion up to date and find a long list of issues with the game. Make sure sims 4 doesn't have this same outcome. Better yet start getting players or people hired to beta test those expansions and updates before you release them.
    edited May 2013
    Ok then. I agree the stuff packs are at a angry prices. But if you wait a few months the prices lower down. A couple of months after sims 3 pets it was reduced from £40 to £20, stuff packs was £30 to £15. How much would you pay for sims?
    edited May 2013
    Sorry. Thought my post was not sending pressed send too many times. And now I've repeated myself. Oops
  • AeoniscytheAeoniscythe Posts: 1,488 New Member
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    Criticize*

No, it isn't a poor answer. Yes, you do need to be a game designer to criticize games. Everyone is whining and moaning over things that are beyond the studio's control. The game ENGINE, wanna google that to find out what it is? Well either way the engine is old and wasn't developed by the team that is currently working on TS3 so there are a large amount of limitations and so many things that can break each other. Plus two different branches working on EPs and not in close contact about it.. causes things to break easily. X added this which broke Y's new object. Plus the store being another branch which also has its issues. It's not blink and create a game. A lot goes into it. There are A LOT of limitations including.. TIME.

I used to be on this bandwagon. Bashing EA until I started school to be a game developer. My tune changed real quick so yeah.. I still suggest that they try and make their own game.

I'm not actually angry with the developers, it's not their fault that EA sets up things the way they do. They are hired by EA and have to do as they say. I'm annoyed with EA themselves, the corporation of people who don't care. I can tell sometimes by the way the developers/producers talk that they are limited to what they are allowed to do.

A lot of things that people demand though are unrealistic.

like the usual "I want all the previous EPs in the new base game." complaint. You have to realize that the new game has new rules and therefore the new EPs have to go by these new rules. Could you imagine the amount of bugs in a sims 4 game with pets, university, etc etc? Not only that they would have no time to focus on the core game and instead focus on all this other stuff. I never get the EP complaint, no one is forcing you to buy it. Something is either worth the price for you or is not.

As for the Sims 3. I've never had many problems with it. One thing that is always relevant with PC games is that everyone's system is different. There is likely a large group of people that will have a problem running the game for one reason or another. This is true for every PC game, not just Sims 3.

Mods...many of the best PC games rely on mods. It's not a indication that the game sucks. I've only ever played Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim without mods, maybe when they first released but afterwards nope.

I think if you are putting mods into the game, you probably should not be complaining about bugs/glitches. That's inevitable.

But bugs and glitches are true for every game unfortunately. Anyone going into the Sims 4 not expecting some nasty bugs, that's just how this works. Games are more complex now and the gamers themselves do so many various things that cause these bugs. Sure they weren't as prevalent then as they are now...but then all you had to worry about was a gamer following a linear path. Now the gamer can do anything. The worst part about bugs is that fixing a bug will often lead to another bug. It's a neverending cycle and then people want all these big things in their games but without the bugs. Hey it's cool to want the best game ever but don't expect it to be perfect and run flawlessly on every computer.

With that said...if you have a Mac...I really don't know what to say. I just know that as a PC gamer it would be silly for me to ever go with a mac.
  • luckycrth91luckycrth91 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just my two cents here...

It doesn't matter if you use a Mac or a PC. If you've got issues with the game, you've got issues with the game. I alone have had my fair share of issues with The Sims 3 after purchasing Seasons. The biggest glitch I've ever had? The Save errors. Every other little glitch I've had is a rare occurrence, and/or was fixed in a patch.

Granted, there are things that are still broken (I've yet to find them) but the ones I do find rarely make an appearance - such as the NPCs not showing up, visual/lighting effect glitches, and the occasional routing glitch.

Do I complain? Only when the glitch keeps coming back after a short period of time.

Will I keep playing TS3, up til TS4 debuts? You betcha. Will I buy TS4? Well heck, if this TS4 forum exists, then I'm pretty darn sure that Maxis and TSS wants to make sure that they don't repeat the nightmares of TS3!

• AmberNicole1989AmberNicole1989 Posts: 1,532
    edited May 2013

like the usual "I want all the previous EPs in the new base game." complaint. You have to realize that the new game has new rules and therefore the new EPs have to go by these new rules. Could you imagine the amount of bugs in a sims 4 game with pets, university, etc etc? Not only that they would have no time to focus on the core game and instead focus on all this other stuff. I never get the EP complaint, no one is forcing you to buy it. Something is either worth the price for you or is not.

As for the Sims 3. I've never had many problems with it. One thing that is always relevant with PC games is that everyone's system is different. There is likely a large group of people that will have a problem running the game for one reason or another. This is true for every PC game, not just Sims 3.

Mods...many of the best PC games rely on mods. It's not a indication that the game sucks. I've only ever played Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim without mods, maybe when they first released but afterwards nope.

I think if you are putting mods into the game, you probably should not be complaining about bugs/glitches. That's inevitable.

But bugs and glitches are true for every game unfortunately. Anyone going into the Sims 4 not expecting some nasty bugs, that's just how this works. Games are more complex now and the gamers themselves do so many various things that cause these bugs. Sure they weren't as prevalent then as they are now...but then all you had to worry about was a gamer following a linear path. Now the gamer can do anything. The worst part about bugs is that fixing a bug will often lead to another bug. It's a neverending cycle and then people want all these big things in their games but without the bugs. Hey it's cool to want the best game ever but don't expect it to be perfect and run flawlessly on every computer.

With that said...if you have a Mac...I really don't know what to say. I just know that as a PC gamer it would be silly for me to ever go with a mac.

Oh I know a lot of peoples demands can be unrealistic.

Anyways, I don't understand why people want pets and seasons in the base game, I don't. I never had a problem with them being separate. I had only wished the same stuff that was in the sims 2 base game would have been in the sims 3 base game. Like hot tubs, we didn't get those automatically and if I remember correctly the base game of sims 2 had them. Things like that were my grievances. Same with car animations and some toddler animations.

I no longer get bugs or glitches due to mods, it's very rare if I happen to get one.
    edited May 2013

Anyways, I don't understand why people want pets and seasons in the base game, I don't. I never had a problem with them being separate. I had only wished the same stuff that was in the sims 2 base game would have been in the sims 3 base game. Like hot tubs, we didn't get those automatically and if I remember correctly the base game of sims 2 had them. Things like that were my grievances. Same with car animations and some toddler animations.

I no longer get bugs or glitches due to mods, it's very rare if I happen to get one.

I think people (including me) want pets and seasons because The Base game can get pretty boring espeically cause we are used to playing with all those features, and expansion packs take months even years in coming out, also I don't really trust the expansion packs anymore :S im scared to install expansion packs all the time cause i think it will make my game crash (it has happened to me before)I really hope TS4 wont cause so many problems :/ I really enjoy the game but im fully aware of all the issues the EA games have had, I love the sims but I can't deny that as a customer I feel dissapointed
    edited May 2013

I think people (including me) want pets and seasons because The Base game can get pretty boring espeically cause we are used to playing with all those features, and expansion packs take months even years in coming out, also I don't really trust the expansion packs anymore :S im scared to install expansion packs all the time cause i think it will make my game crash (it has happened to me before)I really hope TS4 wont cause so many problems :/ I really enjoy the game but im fully aware of all the issues the EA games has had, I love the sims but I can't deny that as a customer I feel dissapointed
  • AeoniscytheAeoniscythe Posts: 1,488 New Member
    edited May 2013

I guess for things like hot tubs and what not. I mean that's just a little thing. I feel like the only thing that should be base game is weather...but someone else may feel like it's pets...

So it's just hard to please everyone. TS3 did come out with gardening, which wasn't a TS2 base game feature though. It'll be interesting to see what they choose if anything. I mean I'd like weather...but then again I'd like for them to really focus on it like they did this time with the holidays and such. If they put it in there now then they will be just throwing it in there because they have the core of the game more to worry about.

I look at it like this, any feature that isn't initially isn't in TS4 will probably get a whole EP devoted to it in time.

I also reluctant to install new EPs because I know the glitches they can bring. That is unfortunately still industry standard. Especially because that EP may interact with the other EPs, I can imagine the mess. If anyone has played a MMO you know that any new patch or major update brings it's own glitches. It sucks, especially some of the nastier ones that can ruin your game.
    edited May 2013
    I think people (including me) want pets and seasons because The Base game can get pretty boring espeically cause we are used to playing with all those features, and expansion packs take months even years in coming out, also I don't really trust the expansion packs anymore :S im scared to install expansion packs all the time cause i think it will make my game crash (it has happened to me before)I really hope TS4 wont cause so many problems :/ I really enjoy the game but im fully aware of all the issues the EA games have had, I love the sims but I can't deny that as a customer I feel dissapointed

See if they did them right I would be okay with it. Pets was my favorite expansion pack in the sims 2, but I don't like the sims 3 version. My sims currently don't own pets, and my town becomes overwhelmed with them so I had to adjust how many each household is allowed. I won't uninstall it because I like some of the items that were added. Also I'm over seasons and have it constantly set to summer. Therefore I'm okay if they aren't added. I mean if they add them and I still had a chance to turn them off, I wouldn't complain.

Although I don't have problems with expansion packs, I can install them usually without any problems and any problems I have had I've fixed.
    edited May 2013
    I guess for things like hot tubs and what not. I mean that's just a little thing. I feel like the only thing that should be base game is weather...but someone else may feel like it's pets...

So it's just hard to please everyone. TS3 did come out with gardening, which wasn't a TS2 base game feature though. It'll be interesting to see what they choose if anything. I mean I'd like weather...but then again I'd like for them to really focus on it like they did this time with the holidays and such. If they put it in there now then they will be just throwing it in there because they have the core of the game more to worry about.

I look at it like this, any feature that isn't initially isn't in TS4 will probably get a whole EP devoted to it in time.

I also reluctant to install new EPs because I know the glitches they can bring. That is unfortunately still industry standard. Especially because that EP may interact with the other EPs, I can imagine the mess. If anyone has played a MMO you know that any new patch or major update brings it's own glitches. It sucks, especially some of the nastier ones that can ruin your game.

The real thing that sucked for me about the base game is when the sims 2 came out I was blown away by it (except for the whole unrealistic trailer they released, I mean what was that). I was expecting to feel the same with the sims 3 base game and I didn't. While I was happy overall I wasn't blown away.

I have had my fair share of annoyances with the game not wanting to run that I've been able to fix,I was surprised at how bad it is for people.
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_m48ca0jIkL1r96fbno1_500.gif

Edit- This gif is basically directed to the OP of this thread saying the Sims 4 requiring internet access which EA said it doesn't.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited May 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:
    When you find they do the same thing to us as they did to the people who bought Sim City - you will sing a different tune.

Until such time as EA proves it's not going to screw us - I refuse to spend my money on this product.

Sadly, too many EA customers act like lemmings. It is far and way past time for EA to get the wake up call that Sony did in 2004 - when they discovered that putting out broken games and treating customers as their ENTITLEMENT and their customers money as their RIGHT just because they released a title was erroneous thinking.

They will not change their customer service practices (putting out games that are FINISHED, supporting those games by FIXING bugs and glitches in a timely manner, and being honest about how those games are FUNCTION) until it is demanded by customer upon pain of loosing money.

Frankly I agree with you. I am not saying I won't buy sims 4, but right now it's a HUGE if. I will wait to see how others are doing with it in terms of it actually working. I might have tried to say it nicer than you but the fact remains EA does not listen to customers when they say they want a game that WORKS! My computer is NEW (just got it as I had a house fire a few months ago) and it is a very good gaming computer and still with the game-breaking glitches and NEED for twallen's mods like overwatch for it to play and Master Controller for it's reseteverything option to fix glitches resetsim and anything else you can think of won't work. When you NEED mods to even PLAY a game at all, and on a great computer and still have game-breaking glitches, that they have had since base game and REFUSE to fix what makes me think they will do any better with sims 4? If they prove they are going to after awhile I will buy sims 4 but not unless they prove they actually care about making a game that works and fixing bugs/glitches in a timely manner.
  • LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Where to begin?? (At the beginning I guess)

1. I don't think this post goes in the Sims 4 section.

2. EA won an award for being the 'worst company', but this award is essentially meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

A. It does show just how angry EA's customers are about things like the new Sim City

B. I found the blog by the CEO guy to be condescending, hypocritical, and incredibly offensive. The whole 'tallest tree gets the most wind' portion made me want to punch him in the mouth. I am a customer and your customers are saying you suck LISTEN TO THEM, don't go on some pat yourself on the back rant.

C. The fact that EA is LGBT friendly had nothing to do with why they got that award. EA is polishing their good guy badge when they say that. If I was a member of the LGBT community I would be offended over EA using their half hearted attempts at inclusion as a way to pat themselves on the back.

D. If you played Mass Effect 3 you had every right to be burn down their studios angry at that ending. Different colored explosions for choosing a different outcome. Really? Really? The downloadable extended endings didn't soothe that wound. They just made me angrier, include that in the game when it ships.

E. Did this guy even mention The Sims 3 in that blog? Nope and that irked me as well. When reading that statement by him I felt offended that he would ignore the cash cow in his stable of games when making statements about why they were voted the worst company and on how they would improve.

3. I think that the fact that they won this award is laughable at best and shows just how spoiled people in the US and other Western Countries are. Companies are wiping out people's livelihoods, spilling oil in oceans, selling contaminated food and other products and the company that makes video games gets the award? I am ashamed to be an American at moments like that.

4. To the people saying, "Just don't give them your money.", it's not that simple. I can't say, "Screw EA" and go get Bethesda's version of the SIMS instead." They own a good number of titles and own them exclusively, which means if I want to play, I have to pay. For people that have been with The Sims since The Sims 1, they have seen big changes to how the company that owns The Sims manages and treats one of the largest selling PC franchises of all time.

5. I have had no issues with Customer Service. I got the Seasons crashing in Blueprint Mode bug. I sent of an email to tech support and they got back with me really quick, took me through a bunch of trouble shooting steps. Didn't make my game work until the patch came out that fixed it, but the fix was included with a patch.

6. One of the things that people complaining about bugs needs to do is make sure they are up to specs on the game. I had a PC that was up to Spec and it ran the game beautifully. Now I am below spec and deal with a number of issues. I need a better PC.

7. There is next to no information in regards to The Sims 4. The few things we do know is that it will be a single player offline experience, it will have some online features, they claim to be concentrating on The Sims more and that it is in production. Maybe reserving judgement until there is more information or a product to pass judgement on is a better idea. I feel like people ******** about The Sims 4 in advance are like people that look at the cover of a book and decide they hate the book.

8. We all know that EA has a reputation for dropping the ball on things like this. So it's an easy assumption to make at this point. However, it's just an assumption.

9. People do have a right to complain about the game, EA in general, etc. It's not being rude or disrespectful to the company to express that opinion. A company is not a person. It IS rude and disrespectful to try to shut someone up for expressing that opinion.
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    Where to begin?? (At the beginning I guess)

1. I don't think this post goes in the Sims 4 section.

2. EA won an award for being the 'worst company', but this award is essentially meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

A. It does show just how angry EA's customers are about things like the new Sim City

B. I found the blog by the CEO guy to be condescending, hypocritical, and incredibly offensive. The whole 'tallest tree gets the most wind' portion made me want to punch him in the mouth. I am a customer and your customers are saying you suck LISTEN TO THEM, don't go on some pat yourself on the back rant.

C. The fact that EA is LGBT friendly had nothing to do with why they got that award. EA is polishing their good guy badge when they say that. If I was a member of the LGBT community I would be offended over EA using their half hearted attempts at inclusion as a way to pat themselves on the back.

D. If you played Mass Effect 3 you had every right to be burn down their studios angry at that ending. Different colored explosions for choosing a different outcome. Really? Really? The downloadable extended endings didn't soothe that wound. They just made me angrier, include that in the game when it ships.

E. Did this guy even mention The Sims 3 in that blog? Nope and that irked me as well. When reading that statement by him I felt offended that he would ignore the cash cow in his stable of games when making statements about why they were voted the worst company and on how they would improve.

3. I think that the fact that they won this award is laughable at best and shows just how spoiled people in the US and other Western Countries are. Companies are wiping out people's livelihoods, spilling oil in oceans, selling contaminated food and other products and the company that makes video games gets the award? I am ashamed to be an American at moments like that.

4. To the people saying, "Just don't give them your money.", it's not that simple. I can't say, "Screw EA" and go get Bethesda's version of the SIMS instead." They own a good number of titles and own them exclusively, which means if I want to play, I have to pay. For people that have been with The Sims since The Sims 1, they have seen big changes to how the company that owns The Sims manages and treats one of the largest selling PC franchises of all time.

5. I have had no issues with Customer Service. I got the Seasons crashing in Blueprint Mode bug. I sent of an email to tech support and they got back with me really quick, took me through a bunch of trouble shooting steps. Didn't make my game work until the patch came out that fixed it, but the fix was included with a patch.

6. One of the things that people complaining about bugs needs to do is make sure they are up to specs on the game. I had a PC that was up to Spec and it ran the game beautifully. Now I am below spec and deal with a number of issues. I need a better PC.

7. There is next to no information in regards to The Sims 4. The few things we do know is that it will be a single player offline experience, it will have some online features, they claim to be concentrating on The Sims more and that it is in production. Maybe reserving judgement until there is more information or a product to pass judgement on is a better idea. I feel like people ******** about The Sims 4 in advance are like people that look at the cover of a book and decide they hate the book.

8. We all know that EA has a reputation for dropping the ball on things like this. So it's an easy assumption to make at this point. However, it's just an assumption.

9. People do have a right to complain about the game, EA in general, etc. It's not being rude or disrespectful to the company to express that opinion. A company is not a person. It IS rude and disrespectful to try to shut someone up for expressing that opinion.
    If only these forums had a Like, +1 or Kudos feature.
  • RossingOverRossingOver Posts: 37 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    EA and Maxis OBVIOUSLY worked hard to please us. Offline single player (local saves and no internet required), giving us everything in Sims we want and working hard on interacting with community through.

They aren't saints, but they also aren't idiots. They have hearts and they play the sims themselves. But they also have time and financial constraints. It's probably a tight rope walk between indulging their personal fandom, and being practical for deadlines.