Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has won the WORST COMPANY for customer service two years in a row

Comments

• Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    tell me that it plays the sims as well as a 4-year old average windows computer. Then tell me that this isn't false advertising, and it's definitely the user's fault.
    They can't hear you over their own selfish thoughts and egos. It probably works badly for them, but they're too stubborn and over-fanatical to notice.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't know why upset Sim City buyers could not see past what was being sold to them.
    I knew immediately that I wanted nothing to do with that game.

Multi-player, tiny cities, always online connection, fixed terrain, why in the heck would I want that?
    Never mind the server issue, as that will probably go away if it hasn't already. I don't like the game in itself. Gamers should pre-order and wait for user reviews before they buy a game if they feel they might be upset with a game that does not measure up.

Believe me, I will be looking at The Sims 4 the same way. If I see something I don't like that I think will ruin the experience for me, my money stays in the bank account.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Is not just MACs, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 8 and I had bug problems, people kept blaming it on the computer and after i fixed a problem that EA should have fixed my game started running smoothly, I have had to become a computer technician to be able to play the game
  • Options
    StarrfoxxStarrfoxx Posts: 147 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I am in agreement with the OP. This has everything to do with Sims 4. I'm surprised how many people have quickly forgotten what EA has done in the past and are so willing to forgive them.

Perhaps Maxis will redeem themselves? Perhaps they will sucker everyone in into another franchise based off multiple, over-priced microtransactions, weak-content driven expansion packs, and hundreds of game-play bugs that will not be fixed before release.

Yes, they did say it was an offline, single player experience. What they did NOT say was how this game will be distributed. They have stated in the past that they will be moving to more and more digital distribution via Origin. So, there is a good chance that Sims 4 will require Origin in order to play. You may be required to go online to "authenticate" your game first before being allowed to play offline (Steam anyone?)

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But their actions leading up to this point suggest otherwise. We shall see.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    Starrfoxx wrote:
    Yes, they did say it was an offline, single player experience. What they did NOT say was how this game will be distributed. They have stated in the past that they will be moving to more and more digital distribution via Origin. So, there is a good chance that Sims 4 will require Origin in order to play. You may be required to go online to "authenticate" your game first before being allowed to play offline (Steam anyone?)

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But their actions leading up to this point suggest otherwise. We shall see.

*facedesk* Oh man... I never even thought of that.. you're probably right. That's worrying. I hate having to have Steam installed to play Skyrim, its really the only thing that puts me off, but at least when I set it into offline mode, it STAYS offline.
    Whenever I try to play Mass Effect 3 with Origin in offline mode, it always connects itself, and I hate it.

/worried.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    BabyCakes13BabyCakes13 Posts: 575 New Member
    edited May 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:
    They said the same thing about Sim City.

Uh no they didn't. From the beginning people were told you'd be online for sim city..

And what in the world does this RUDE rant have to do with TS4 anyways??

This post needs to be moved, it doesn't belong here!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And might I add that if you believe EA is such a crappy company then WHY did you spend the money to get the games??

If you don't like the company or are not happy with what MIGHT happen with TS4 then it's very simple DO NOT BUY THE GAME! Nobody is holding a gun to your head MAKING you buy it.
  • Options
    Christian531Christian531 Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    Smh, everyone is going to complain no matter what. That's just how people are I guess... :roll:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And might I add that if you believe EA is such a crappy company then WHY did you spend the money to get the games??

If you don't like the company or are not happy with what MIGHT happen with TS4 then it's very simple DO NOT BUY THE GAME! Nobody is holding a gun to your head MAKING you buy it.
    Is it so much for people to ask for a game that simply works? It's all well and good saying "then why but it!?", but EA do advertise some really good features. Unfortunately, they do not live up to expectations.

It's why they have that title, for creating games which are really dreadful, badly supported, while at the same time having poor customer services (for angry customers who wasted a lot of money for a game that doesn't work) and create false advertisements based on over-enthusiastic advertising campaigns.

That said, it would be nice if people protested with their wallets. You can get refunds for games you are dissatisfied with through the retailer you bought it from within x amount of days, and EA would of lost some income if the retailer feels EA have let them and their customers down.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Sims 4 is going to be off-line single player

Yes, and that is important, but that isn't their only problem.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited May 2013
    They didn't deserve that award. Yes, the company has made some major mistakes, but come on, are they worse than the banks that were screwing us two years ago? I don't think so. Gamers are just more tenacious and online more. I don't think that most people even know about that award. They have already tried to mend relations with us the last year. The Gurus are listening and communicating with us. How Sims 4 was announced was in good faith with the fan sites. They have stated that they are going to take their thought into account and I believe them. They are planning a fan event in August. They announced IP way ahead of time and Graham was able to modify the boat to make us happy. Graham will take care of us. We know he listens. They have a different CEO and hopefully he will be much better, although, I think he is temporary. There is hope and the fact that they announced it way in advance is in keeping with us having our say in early development.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They didn't deserve that award. Yes, the company has made some major mistakes, but come on, are they worse than the banks that were screwing us two years ago? I don't think so. Gamers are just more tenacious and online more. I don't think that most people even know about that award. They have already tried to mend relations with us the last year. The Gurus are listening and communicating with us. How Sims 4 was announced was in good faith with the fan sites. They have stated that they are going to take their thought into account and I believe them. They are planning a fan event in August. They announced IP way ahead of time and Graham was able to modify the boat to make us happy. Graham will take care of us. We know he listens. They have a different CEO and hopefully he will be much better, although, I think he is temporary. There is hope and the fact that they announced it way in advance is in keeping with us having our say in early development.
    They do deserve it, as banking is more complicated. They are given a simple task - create a game that works, is value for money and promote good customer relations. They fail at this.

Also, it is one thing for them to look as though they are listening, but it is another thing to do what is right. It's worse to look as though you are communicating but do nothing at all, than to do nothing in the first place.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    Is it so much for people to ask for a game that simply works? It's all well and good saying "then why but it!?", but EA do advertise some really good features. Unfortunately, they do not live up to expectations.

It's why they have that title, for creating games which are really dreadful, badly supported, while at the same time having poor customer services (for angry customers who wasted a lot of money for a game that doesn't work) and create false advertisements based on over-enthusiastic advertising campaigns.

That said, it would be nice if people protested with their wallets. You can get refunds for games you are dissatisfied with through the retailer you bought it from within x amount of days, and EA would of lost some income if the retailer feels EA have let them and their customers down.

I didn't say anything about it being a bad thing that people want they're game to work. But if you have already had problems with games from EA and you KEPT buying games from them then that YOUR problem... not EA's. Yes EA should make sure that the games are working well before it's released but with something like sim city I already had a feeling it was gonna be a mess of a game because it's always online thing and like I thought it was a mess. But I've barely had ANY problems with TS3, or EA for that fact. And I'm just tired of hearing people whine and cry about the same things..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think they deserve it too
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:

I didn't say anything about it being a bad thing that people want they're game to work. But if you have already had problems with games from EA and you KEPT buying games from them then that YOUR problem... not EA's. Yes EA should make sure that the games are working well before it's released but with something like sim city I already had a feeling it was gonna be a mess of a game because it's always online thing and like I thought it was a mess. But I've barely had ANY problems with TS3, or EA for that fact. And I'm just tired of hearing people whine and cry about the same things..

You don't understand anything of whats being said, when you sell a product its suppose to work not rip off people.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    They have a different CEO and hopefully he will be much better

From his ridiculous justification of why EA won that award, I'm not sure he's going to be much better at all. Hopefully he IS temporary. Hopefully EA DO get a better CEO.

As for the rest.. I don't think anyone ( well, most people ) is really disputing that the Guru's don't listen, or that they don't try, or that Graham isn't amenable. They do appear to listen, they do interact with us, and Graham is a decent fellow.

More than anything I believe people are just frustrated. They PAY for these games, they have a right to a working product. EA aren't doing us a "Favour" by creating games, they're not free, and people shouldn't have to just sit there and take it.

Would you buy a TV in a store, but when you got it home it only worked half the time, sit there and put up with it, and make excuses for the manufacturer? No, you'd probably be back in the store quick smart for a refund, and probably have a bit to say to them for selling you a defective product.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I didn't say anything about it being a bad thing that people want they're game to work. But if you have already had problems with games from EA and you KEPT buying games from them then that YOUR problem... not EA's.
    So you think EA should get away with releasing unfinished or broken games to people, who may not be aware of the reimbursement procedure? That's just using people who are naive and getting away with it. That's not the buyer's problem, it's EAs problem for not making a game that works.

It's shocking you condone such a business practice :/
    You don't understand anything of whats being said, when you sell a product its suppose to work not rip off people.
    Precisely. If a company takes money from people who are dissatisfied they're not going to learn or develop. They're going to retain the title of "Worst Company" for a very long time.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    They do deserve it, as banking is more complicated. They are given a simple task - create a game that works, is value for money and promote good customer relations. They fail at this.

Also, it is one thing for them to look as though they are listening, but it is another thing to do what is right. It's worse to look as though you are communicating but do nothing at all, than to do nothing in the first place.

That award is a silly distraction from what is really going on in the world.
    The fact that EA was nominated and won twice in a row makes me concerned for humanity and its priorities.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    The fact that EA was nominated and won twice in a row makes me concerned for humanity and its priorities.
    To some extent I agree, but the fact EA won just goes to show how bad they are. Not forgetting, this is for being the "Worst Company for Customer Service" and for a company that pretends to get on with their customers, that's a pretty bad achievement :P

EA are outdated with their customer service department. This reward realises that and yet they do very little about it. It will bite them on the backside one day.
  • Options
    Chris719Chris719 Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to say... as a Mac user.... I fu.cking hate this company and completely agree with OP. They better get their sh.it together if they want us to buy their game.
  • Options
    pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited May 2013
    CMWarren wrote:
    let me share the single greatest truth about the world: video gamers are the whiniest, most self-absorbed, self-entitled people on the face of the earth.

a portion of EA's problems is not EA at all, but the gamers.

I see this issue play out with alot of video game companies.

I remeber getting sick of someone ranting about KRU Interactive's support system, saying it was too slow. I never had that problem, so I asked them what their issue was that they were submitting a support ticket, then told them to send me when they write the next time they want to submit a ticket, and hold it back. it was whiny to the point of being abusive. I rewrote it, removed all the snark, and had them send it. 20 minutes later, they had a full responce, and their problem was solved.

I have found alot of what EA complaints entail never happens to me. I get responces in a prompt, courteous manner, because no matter how frustrated I am, my submissions are courteous, because I know for a fact that video game companies have to deal with alot of, as already noted, Whiny, self-absorbed, self-entitled crap.
    Well said! I can tell by your wisdom you are not a really young simmer.(LOL) Unless you are wise beyond your years. My mom use to tell me as a little girl, "You will always catch more fly's with HONEY"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    To some extent I agree, but the fact EA won just goes to show how bad they are. Not forgetting, this is for being the "Worst Company for Customer Service" and for a company that pretends to get on with their customers, that's a pretty bad achievement :P

EA are outdated with their customer service department. This reward realises that and yet they do very little about it. It will bite them on the backside one day.

Yeah EA games is a huge company its big deal that they provide such bad service
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    I didn't say anything about it being a bad thing that people want they're game to work. But if you have already had problems with games from EA and you KEPT buying games from them then that YOUR problem... not EA's.
    So you think EA should get away with releasing unfinished or broken games to people, who may not be aware of the reimbursement procedure? That's just using people who are naive and getting away with it. That's not the buyer's problem, it's EAs problem for not making a game that works.

It's shocking you condone such a business practice :/
    Precisely. If a company takes money from people who are dissatisfied they're not going to learn or develop. They're going to retain the title of "Worst Company" for a very long time.

So your telling me that if you got one of EA's games [we'll say TS3 base game] if that game didn't work that well on your computer or it had a ton of glitches etc you'd STILL keep buying the other games in TS3?
    People do that ALL the time, and that is on they're stupidity because they kept buying the games hoping the next one would work better.

Other then a few glitches through out TS3 [that were fixed with patches], I haven't had any problems with the games nor have I ever had a problem with EA.

And really if peoples BIGGEST concern in this country [or the world for that matter] is about how bad EA is as a company then that is pretty sad.

Don't bother replying cause I'm done with this conversation.
  • Options
    coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2013
    CMWarren wrote:
    let me share the single greatest truth about the world: video gamers are the whiniest, most self-absorbed, self-entitled people on the face of the earth.

a portion of EA's problems is not EA at all, but the gamers.

YES! This ^ 100% correct
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited May 2013
    I guess I lack insight in the EA hate because I don't hate them. I don't feel used and my game works fine. Everything isn't perfect and I have to use mods although I would use mods anyways. I spend too much money, but I will always posses the things I buy unlike Social games that bleed you for things that are temporary. I sympathize for Mac players. It really isn't made for you and it says it is and I can see why you would be mad. That is the exact reason I would never own a Mac.