Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 confrimed or another rumor ?

As the sims3 turns 5 years old, there are some rumors that the sim4 might be released next summer. But could this be really true, this is yet to be confrimed by EA. But here some my speculation regarding the 4th generations of the Franchise.

I heard it can be online game only, similar to that of Sim City. If this is true,
how will the storyline goses,how will stuff packs and Expansion packs be incorperated ?

It's comeing in Summer of next year, It's a 5 year cycle. Here are some proof the sims 2000-2004, the sims 2 2004-2009, the sims3 2009-2014(?), (?) the sims4 2014-
if this is true, well enjoy the sims3 while it last.

It's also rumored to be a multi player game, that I'm afarid of. What is up with this multi player game hype ? What ever happen to single player games ? That what turns me off, anything worng with me time ? I don't think so.If this is ture, well get use to shareing your town with other simmers. :evil:

So there you have it the rumors and the clues about the sims4.

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2013
    If the Sims4 is a on line game only I guess my Sims days stop with Sims3.
    I prefer to play by myself .
    Happy Simming all.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited April 2013
    And it still that online game? I still have mixed feelings about it
  • Options
    VadeilVadeil Posts: 312 Member
    edited April 2013
    noddy wrote:
    If the Sims4 is a on line game only I guess my Sims days stop with Sims3.
    I prefer to play by myself .
    Happy Simming all.

I think allot of people have this mindset.
    Me included.
  • Options
    RadSimGirlRadSimGirl Posts: 138 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I play the sims to escape reality/get away from people, lol. I don't want to play online and have other people ruining the game for me! Besides, I've spent so much on this game that I would hate to throw it out and start all over.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2013
    I do not want to be online either to play sims. I am a builder and I would rather be offline. I would hate to give up sims. :cry::cry:
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited April 2013
    sims is my escape from life, and a place where I do not have to deal with real people. I don't want to play online with REAL people! that is the whole point...
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited April 2013
    I wonder if they're ever going to really, officially confirm it. So far, they haven't
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's comeing in Summer of next year, It's a 5 year cycle. Here are some proof the sims 2000-2004, the sims 2 2004-2009, the sims3 2009-2014(?), (?) the sims4 2014-
    if this is true, well enjoy the sims3 while it last.

That's assuming TS3 does end in 2014. Just because TS1 and TS2 had 5 year cycles doesn't mean TS3 will, or even TS4. For a while there were rumours that TS3 would only have one more ep than TS2 had, just like TS2 had one more ep than TS1. We have 10 now and 2 more on the way if I'm correct :?

Unless EA confirms that 'x will be the last ep' and that TS4 is coming, there is no reason for anyone to believe that the game will last 5 years.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    Are we on number 10 now? Have I miss counted? I counted only 9 and IP will make 10 and then the 'future' EP should make 11. Isn't that correct?

3 this year brings us up to 11 dosn't it? or did I forget some?

I think an Easter Egg will be in the future EP or it will be a way to move into the new game. That would be a first for a Sims' game. To be able to just buy the new game and get to it through the last EP.

It's been done in other games, but let's hope not. That would mean we would be stuck with the AI and this old game engine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    gayars wrote:
    sims is my escape from life, and a place where I do not have to deal with real people. I don't want to play online with REAL people! that is the whole point...

:mrgreen: Agreed. If you have ever had to 'clerk' for any amount of time for any reason the general public can be a real headache and or extremely rude, self consumed, and unwilling to see they are being obnoxious. Gaming is a way to get away from 'real' people. And I don't want to share my Sims with those type people, or even have to play with very nice people.

I go off into another world, alone, and come out when it is time, and I like that way. Me time!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited May 2013
    You know what? If Sims 3 ends with the futuristic expansion, then I'll finally be able to get a stable set of mods, and I won't have to hunt down the latest versions, anymore. That actually sounds like a relief. I will also know if I must bestir myself to learn modding, on the chance that the mod I discover I really need has still not been made or updated.

I will have all the time I need to set up my various store worlds, without being distracted by the latest new world. The user made worlds can finally be updated to include all the expansions, making it easier for me to find exactly the right user made worlds to add to my game.

I can do a final shopping trip in the store, because I will know exactly what I need and what I don't need. I can organize my store purchases, world by world and game by game, so my play is streamlined and not burdened by every single store item I've ever purchased. I can set up my collection folders world by world or game by game, so things are easy to find and use.

I can go through all the CC I've ever downloaded (which is currently sitting in a folder, unused) and mercilessly cull and cull, test and test, until I have a final set of workable CC that fills in the blanks in my game, but doesn't slow the game noticeably or make it less stable. Or, in the event that all CC slows/destabilizes I can finally make the decision to empty the trash and go on with my game, as is.

I will have no need to daily check the forums for the latest news on glitches, how to, store releases, store fixes. Which means I have more time to play the game. I won't fall behind. I'll already know all I need to know.

I will be able to download the final superpatch and save a redundant copy of the final store patches, so I will always be able to reinstall my game, any time I find it necessary. I can uninstall origin, and never have to reinstall. I can play offline, forevermore.

I can finally explore all those little things I have missed in each expansion, because I only had time to hit the high points before the next expansion grabbed my interest. I can finally concentrate on simply enjoying my various sim families in each world/saved game. I can really enjoy my game.

And when I get done with all that, I can start new families that I always wanted to play, but never had time to start. I can build all the houses/community lots just exactly the way I want them, after learning a better way because of extensive play experience. I can have a better game than I've ever had, before.

In short, my new computer (that I just got) will be old and ready to give up, and I'll still be enjoying Sims 3. Probably more so than I do now. Or, I will no longer be on earth, so it won't matter to me, anyway. ;)

I really don't care when Sims 3 ends, because it won't be ending for me.

As for Sims 4 ... I've decided: Meh. (shrug) Do whatever, Diddums. It's your project. Just count me out.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2013
    I confirm The Sims 5 up to 10...

EA reserved these domain names...

Release date estimation :

The Sims 5 (September 2018)
    The Sims 6 (June 2023)
    The Sims 7 (September 2027)
    The Sims 8 (June 2032)
    The Sims 9 (September 2036)
    The Sims 10 (June 2041)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013

The Sims 6 (June 2023)
    The Sims 8 (June 2032)
    The Sims 10 (June 2041)

I can confirm there will be a Sims 16! I heard it straight from a future producer... my four year old daughter! :lol:

Good to know they are so optimistic! I wonder what the Sims 10 will be like! :D
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    The look of the possible UI makes it look like The Sims Social... If its going to be the case looking and what your sim might need could be a tad difficult. I just hope with this one 2 things i want for now. 1. No constant online SimCity failed for that one
    2. More annimations plz! I'd rather see a sim walk into a car then walk to a driveway to have a car appear into thin air.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm there will be a Sims 16! I heard it straight from a future producer... my four year old daughter! :lol:

The Sims 10... hmmm... We will control the sims with our body... in fact, we will become our own sims :P
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013

The Sims 6 (June 2023)
    The Sims 8 (June 2032)
    The Sims 10 (June 2041)

:lol::lol: @ both of you! So basically Sims 30 will be like the holodecks in Star Trek?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

The Sims 6 (June 2023)
    The Sims 8 (June 2032)
    The Sims 10 (June 2041)

:lol::lol: @ both of you! So basically Sims 30 will be like the holodecks in Star Trek?

Nope. It'll use cybernetics. You just plug it into your skull to play.
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited May 2013
    This should be the timeline under the pattern of years of 4, 5, 6, 4, 5, 6 and then adds 7 years in the pattern in The Sims 10 days then adds 8 years in The Sims 14 days:

The Sims 1 (Feb. 2000)
    The Sims 2 (Sep. 2004)
    The Sims 3 (June 2009)
    The Sims 4 (Feb. 2015)
    The Sims 5 (July 2019)
    The Sims 6 (Oct. 2024)
    The Sims 7 (Jan. 2030)
    The Sims 8 (June 2034)
    The Sims 9 (Nov. 2039)
    The Sims 10 (June 2045)
    The Sims 11 (Feb. 2052)
    The Sims 12 (Sep. 2056)
    The Sims 13 (Aug. 2061)
    The Sims 14 (Dec. 2067)
    The Sims 15 (July 2074)

(I'm stopping at The Sims 15 else it will make my post far too long.)
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    ^ :lol: