The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House building contest! ****Please check in if you entered!****

Comments

• Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited March 2013
    Same, I'm going to go through the store next week I think! Thank you, it's nice to know that! People on here are so kind :3

My 'My page@ is down too :/ It's been happening a lot lately!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Zessinna wrote:
    I feel so mixed about this. I was building a house and I planned to finish it over my spring break.
    But the circumstances are understandable.
    I'm sorry about what happened to you.
    *hugs*

Mixed? What do you mean?
    I'm sorry you didn't get to enter! :(
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2013
    Maintenance today as EA either fixes the My Pages or makes them even worse than they were before. :roll: :lol: Sotre and Exchange are down today, too. Grrr.
  • Options
    mjdrgnptmjdrgnpt Posts: 303 Member
    edited March 2013
    Here's some pics from my work in progress. Was a challenge with most of the basement being sunlight, but I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.

2r5gg3o.png

I'd like Sunlit Tides. I'll link my wishlist when the rest of the site is working.

Edited to add my link: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=mjdrgnpt
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Tanner91Tanner91 Posts: 1,876 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank for the info Murfeel, I guessed they were down as I haven't been able to access anything but the forums for 2hours now :( Trust EA to do it on a day when I decide to work on own WL :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yup, good ole EA. :lol:

My Pages seem to be back up.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Everthing seems to be back up now...for now. Act fast, while you can! :shock:
  • Options
    ZessinnaZessinna Posts: 117 Member
    edited March 2013
    Here are a few pictures of the house I was doing.
    I do plan on still finishing it, and I will send you the DL and CC info when I do finish. :)
    [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RicCyCFl220/UT-rfnajslI/AAAAAAAABZQ/eHRr80CQ84g/s901/Modern+Mayhem+(2).jpg "width=400"[/img]
    [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2dq1Xk6p80Q/UT-rfBpGm3I/AAAAAAAABZI/tIHlANfFSiQ/s901/Modern+Mayhem+(4).jpg "width=400"[/img]
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-8xIsadD8Y-c/UT-rlwNvz2I/AAAAAAAABZY/DRvlV9dkUWE/s901/Modern+Mayhem+%285%29.jpg "width=400"[/img]
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-3j5WsnIePkU/UT-rmfcPFXI/AAAAAAAABZk/Jiv3uYzB-jQ/s901/Modern+Mayhem+%286%29.jpg "width=400"[/img]
    [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cp-Eq17awAo/UT-rmvclIOI/AAAAAAAABZo/UisTPMwY4x4/s901/Modern+Mayhem+(3).jpg "width=400"[/img]
    [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Kc3H2KlF8X8/UT-rpKPvBwI/AAAAAAAABZw/fIn1d1kXjXM/s901/Modern+Mayhem+(1).jpg "width=400"[/img]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Gorgeous work!

Where did the 2 living chairs right above my post come from, please? The white ones with the metal backs, that look like eggs?
  • Options
    heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Gorgeous work!

Where did the 2 living chairs right above my post come from, please? The white ones with the metal backs, that look like eggs?

They're from the game. I think they came with Generations. They're initially colored a pastel green. They're called the Cup O' Chair: http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-gen-comfort.html
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited March 2013
    I still can't believe your generosity to gift all contestants (many of them asking for worlds)! I thank you very, very much for my new cinema and will keep you in mind as a future target.

I do hope you enjoy the new homes in your game.

How wonderful that your grandmother got you interested in photography and other visual arts. You'll think of her often while you are working on something and when you complete it as well. I hope your happy memories of her will soon overshadow your sorrow.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Gorgeous work!

I am pretty sure there are from Generations EP. :)

Oh heaven_sent_8_18 is right. That is the exact chair :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Zessinna wrote:

I remember them because I used them in a Fallout 3 project where I redid a lot of homes. They worked really well for that. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ciane wrote:
    I still can't believe your generosity to gift all contestants (many of them asking for worlds)! I thank you very, very much for my new cinema and will keep you in mind as a future target.

I do hope you enjoy the new homes in your game.

How wonderful that your grandmother got you interested in photography and other visual arts. You'll think of her often while you are working on something and when you complete it as well. I hope your happy memories of her will soon overshadow your sorrow.

I agree completely. I'm running quite low on simpoints and am hoping for a sale soon. Next time I get some though, I know where some of them are going! Emiie, you truly are a dear!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Gorgeous work!

They're from the game. I think they came with Generations. They're initially colored a pastel green. They're called the Cup O' Chair: http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-gen-comfort.html
    Zessinna wrote:

I remember them because I used them in a Fallout 3 project where I redid a lot of homes. They worked really well for that. :)

GAAAAAHHH~~!!!! *hurls self into abyss of brokeness*

Thanks for letting me know, though!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Emiie, hate to be a pain but if you do decide to gift me, can I change my choice to the Al Fresco market. It doesn't cost as much and Lucky Palms is coming on sale soon. I would hate you to spend full price for it for me when I can get it later discounted. :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    murfeel wrote:
    Gorgeous work!

Zessinna wrote:

Hahaha, do you not have Generations? x)
    I keep my EPs installed solely for extra content (mostly), but refuse to buy any SPs. XD
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Emiie, hate to be a pain but if you do decide to gift me, can I change my choice to the Al Fresco market. It doesn't cost as much and Lucky Palms is coming on sale soon. I would hate you to spend full price for it for me when I can get it later discounted. :oops:

No problem!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:

I know it's not most people's favorite EP but Generations is one I really like. I think it could have been fleshed out a good bit more but, for me, it added stuff that made family life feel a little more complete. I was playing my legacy and my sim had the option to ask his fiancee's father for his blessing. He got all nervous at first and it was so cute! I use wedding parties for almost every generation. Little things like that. :)
    emiie10 wrote:

No problem!

Thanks Emiie! I hope it's not too much trouble!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Zessinna wrote:
    murfeel wrote:
    murfeel wrote:
    Gorgeous work! Where did the 2 living chairs right above my post come from, please? The white ones with the metal backs, that look like eggs?

Zessinna wrote:
    I am pretty sure there are from Generations EP. :) Oh heaven_sent_8_18 is right. That is the exact chair :D

GAAAAAHHH~~!!!! *hurls self into abyss of brokeness* Thanks for letting me know, though!

Hahaha, do you not have Generations? x)
    I keep my EPs installed solely for extra content (mostly), but refuse to buy any SPs. XD
    murfeel wrote:
    GAAAAAHHH~~!!!! *hurls self into abyss of brokeness* Thanks for letting me know, though!

I know it's not most people's favorite EP but Generations is one I really like. I think it could have been fleshed out a good bit more but, for me, it added stuff that made family life feel a little more complete. I was playing my legacy and my sim had the option to ask his fiancee's father for his blessing. He got all nervous at first and it was so cute! I use wedding parties for almost every generation. Little things like that. :)

I've been wanting GEN for a really long time, but every time I'm in a position to get a new EP something else comes out that I want more! :lol: And now EP11 is on the horizon so GEN is REALLY gonna have to wait. I try to enter building contests that offer EPs so one day I can hopefully get it.
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    I've been wanting GEN for a really long time, but every time I'm in a position to get a new EP something else comes out that I want more! :lol: And now EP11 is on the horizon so GEN is REALLY gonna have to wait. I try to enter building contests that offer EPs so one day I can hopefully get it.

You should watch amazon for when they have sim sales. I've seen Generations for a little over $10 during one of their sales.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I KNOW! :cry: I missed this AMAZING sale they had maybe a month or two ago where EPs were going for $8 or something--I couldn't believe it! Amazon has amazing sales; I just have to be quicker. ^-^
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    I KNOW! :cry: I missed this AMAZING sale they had maybe a month or two ago where EPs were going for $8 or something--I couldn't believe it! Amazon has amazing sales; I just have to be quicker. ^-^

I know! Me too. Diesel was on sale and now that the sale is over, I've decided I want it. Leave it to me to decide -after- the fact!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    IKR!? :lol:
    Diesel had me on the wall, too. It's one of EA's better SPs, but I still don't think I want it as much as SPs like Fast Lane or Outdoor Living. If all 3 went on sale at the same time and I could nab all of them for under $20 that would be best. Otherwise I'll just stick to CC like I've been doing.

But I simply must keep an eye open for GEN. EA should do a Buy Uni get GEN half off kind of thing. :lol:

But I KNOW I'm not getting Pets. My laptop simply wouldn't be able to handle it, I can already tell. If I ever get an Alienware PC or one of those computers used by the FBI or MI5 or something, then I'll risk Pets. :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    IKR!? :lol:
    Diesel had me on the wall, too. It's one of EA's better SPs, but I still don't think I want it as much as SPs like Fast Lane or Outdoor Living. If all 3 went on sale at the same time and I could nab all of them for under $20 that would be best. Otherwise I'll just stick to CC like I've been doing.

But I simply must keep an eye open for GEN. EA should do a Buy Uni get GEN half off kind of thing. :lol:

But I KNOW I'm not getting Pets. My laptop simply wouldn't be able to handle it, I can already tell. If I ever get an Alienware PC or one of those computers used by the FBI or MI5 or something, then I'll risk Pets. :lol:

I have 3 SPs. 2 I got for free for Pre-ordering when Origin was doing those incentives. One was half off. I don't think I care so much about the furniture but I like a lot of the clothes, especially the dress with the blazer! I bought the Boyfriend Blazer from the store, thinking it would be a good replacement but it's just not.

I got Pets. My laptop couldn't handle it either. I have a new gaming computer that seems to run fine and I like the horses part of the EP. Major pets require a LOT of time though because their social meter drops really fast. My Gen 3 family of my legacy got a dog and it felt like I got social worker notices every other day due to "neglect" because certain actions like bathing and brushing didn't increase the social meter. They're kind of a nuisance. :lol: