Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simkyoto, Japan - Update first post (4/26) Lots o' lots.

Comments

• Options
    pommekiwipommekiwi Posts: 549 Member
    edited February 2013
    You had a wonderful idea and it's coming up really nice!!! Great job, I can't wait to see more pics!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi Oily! Just stopped in to say, WOW! I love your Japanese world...it is gorgeous for just the reason that you pay so much attention to detail and authenticity. It has made you a premier lot builder and now an excellent world builder. :D You do such great work!

Gonna dl this when you're done. It makes me excited to be able to use all my oriental decor. :mrgreen: I've recently re-installed Pets but not ST. Hopefully the launcher will take pity on me and let me dl your world. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited February 2013
    Haha, thank you Zach, I know it probably doesn't belong in this type of world, but I wanted to cater to those who enjoy the 'rustic' part of worlds. So yay for a bit of farming ;] Also there is an 'edit post' option which then you can then change the title on your first post.

Aw thank you so much Manssom! I'm working on it, almost have all the lots placed, the terrain painting is fully complete along with sculpting and I just started working on the 'easy' lots... but I'm so detailed it probably won't be as easy as I'm making it out to be. xD This may take a while... *big hugs*

Thank you very much pommekiwi! Hopefully I'll get an update with buildings in sometime soon :]

Shagster! *flail* So good to hear from you! I know, the asian decor has been going to waste in my inventory and I want to use it to the fullest with this world. I've been debating whether or not I should just leave the pets expansion out of it. It's a pretty small world, for a medium sized map... and the equestrian center can't be buried... :/ Predicaments. I hope that you can install it once it's finished though :] <3
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2013
    Bump!
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited February 2013
    Very nice, I like the colors and the landscapes, can't wait to see the builds :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    It looks great! Especially the mountains, I always struggle with mountains. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you very much Nixlis and Cinderellimouse (cute name by the way :D ) For stopping by and being sweeties with your comments! Very much appreciate it! <3

As for updates, nothing new, I've been very busy busy lately and trying to manage time for my world is hard, but I'm all set to start building, which I'm very excited for, I've got some visions I would like to bring to life :]

• Options
    BHarrellsGirlBHarrellsGirl Posts: 131 New Member
    edited February 2013
    This is so magnificent! I can't wait for this to be finished. :) Just hope I can find custom sims clothing for all ages to fit the world when it's finally ready. ^_^
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited February 2013
    A breath taking world, like the other I think the mountains are fantastic, great job so far, looking forward to the end result. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ah, thank you kindly BharrellsGirl :] I agree with that, I might actually DL some custom content specifically for this world to play with. I won't include it with the world, I want to keep it CC free as much as possible so that the game can run smoothly for everyone...

However, I do have a question about Rabbit Holes...

As much as I'd like to include rabbit holes in this world, they don't match the theme one bit. I dislike 'burying' them in basements, because most of my lots are quite tiny (this world is a medium map with small lot sizes, the biggest is only 1 64x64 lot and that is the big park).

Have you used Jynx rugs for replacing rabbit holes? I hear there is also 'doors' as well?

Where do I find them and how do I DL and add them to my world, or game?

I'd appreciate the input. Thank you very much!!
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm facing the exact same thing! I can't have these 40's middle eastern buildings next to American northwest ones!

I wouldn't recommend the rugs though...
    With each expansion pack, the rugs will get outdated and make people's games crash.

I'm just gonna suck it up and try to match certain nearby buildings around them. For certain ones that just won't fit, I'll bury them.
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited February 2013
    Jumping in here briefly to agree that the rabbit holes we now have look completely out of place in some worlds. Basements are a good answer but if the lot isn't large enough to hold the RH building...Lunar Lakes RH's are a lot smaller but not everyone has L.L.

I recently added CC to some of the worlds I play, the Jynx rabbit hole replacements (rugs and doors). I really like them so far. I found one of the newer posts on the Custom Sims 3 site. Here's the post...

http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-53.html

No fees, free to sign up to the site and download the replacements. I added them to the same folder that holds Twallan's mods. Hope I'm not out of line adding this.

Edit: So quick to hit 'submit' I didn't add that your world is lovely Oil. Been following your progress and looking forward to downloading. It looks so peaceful, I'd like to go there myself :)

And another thought: Like what WR stated below about the basement. I would prefer to add CC rabbit holes to worlds I'm playing myself rather than risk the world get borked at a later time because of CC.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I like Jynx's rabbit holes. ^_^ I've used them and they're very easy.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have a suggestion though as sometimes those rugs and doors do get fouled by an updated every so often -

Elle - who made the Fairy world has a lot she calls the Fairy Villiage and underneath the fairy Village is an entire downtown area - done quite nicely with most of the rabbithole lots - Seems to me anyone else could do this same set up if you ask her permission and download her Fairy Village - place it on a 64 x 64 lot and then if the ground lots clash with your world you could just change the surface buildings to a style that does work well. Either that or at least go look at her fairy village lot and see how she did it so she got all the buildings underground on one lot.

I have tested and played Moon Valley where she has this lot installed and I can tell you it there is no problem with any of the RH's under ground at all.

Rflong has a similar set up for a long time unground of her Moon Base Delta and Charlie world, just not as complete as Elles because Rflong made hers a long time ago before all these type of RH's were out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Ah! Mixed feelings so far. I would prefer to use the CC rabbit holes in my game, however, due to the updates and maintenance of them, I will leave them out when uploading this world.

Thank you Zach, I wish you luck with your world too! I wish they would have 'rabbit hole make over' versions in the store, I'd definitely buy them especially to make a world feel complete. :]

MarLin thank you hun for your suggestion, I'll DL them personally and use them, but I'm going to try and bury them under larger lots (if I can fit them! :/) I was thinking about the Lunar Lakes ones, they'd be smaller and I could stack them side by side, however when I tried to bury one and then come up to ground level, they peek through the terrain. Very unfortunate, and I'd rather not have my sims climbing 3 flights of stairs xD Though elevators would be easier... But they bug out quite a bit in my game.
    Also thank you very much for the compliment :oops: <3

Reg I've seen her large lot before, it's absolutely gorgeous, and I think I will try and do the same thing. Maybe not bury as many in one place, but use the idea :] I'll have to test like crazy to make sure all of them are accessible, and if no one wants them in the game and would rather use CC, they're of course free to change it to their liking. Thank you for your input :]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    A small update. Ive been building, since I'm very picky, this is going to take a while, I've only completed 1 1/2 lots in 2 days xD

So here's the graveyard...
    Screenshot-210_zpse0e14222.jpg
    Screenshot-211_zpsc36c29a8.jpg
    Screenshot-212_zps74a72430.jpg

And the Chinese Garden with a large Pagoda that will hold the wishing well (premium content) of the Red Dragon (ooooo, aaahhhh)...
    Screenshot-215_zps8d23e382.jpg
    Screenshot-216_zpse80de8bb.jpg
    ...this is still a WIP :]

That's it for now! But I leave you with another pic cause I found it pretty...
    Screenshot-209_zpsefde34ee.jpg

<3 Thanks for peeking!
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh Oil, love the screenshots you've added :) EA rabbit holes will look so out of place here. I've used the Lunar Lakes rabbit holes without them poking through the ground, they were one basement level down. In fact, I have a 50x50 lot on a tropical island that has 9 of them buried. :shock: That would likely cause issues in a larger world.

If only they would give or sell us something comparable to those rugs that we know would always be updated with updates...adding that to my wishlist.

Take good care and I must say "Ooooohhhh, Ahhhhhh." Beautiful! :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh awesome! I've been dying for a new asian inspired world :D Looks pretty amazing so far!
  • Options
    xmenchick05xmenchick05 Posts: 568 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Super Excited for this! It looks awesome so far!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    MarLin, thank you so much! :oops: You're too kind, and I'm definitely working on the rabbit hole situation. We'll see what works. :]

And thank you xmenchick05 and Lizziguin! For stopping by and sharing your enthusiasm <3 :] Makes me happy!

Just another slight update, because I love sharing my progress with everyone! The Pagoda gardens is complete, here are some pics...
    Screenshot-225_zps0c50e66d.jpg
    Screenshot-226_zps809df611.jpg
    Screenshot-223_zps4392ea63.jpg
    Screenshot-222_zps2fb5bd7d.jpg

...And continuing into the main city with my first 40x20 apartment building. I have a few of these lots so the exteriors will look the same, however the interiors of each building will be completely different for different size families...
    Screenshot-229_zps2ac70d9d.jpg

Thank you for peeking :]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This is so amazing! Each picture I see makes me more and more anxious to play in this magnificent world! ^_^
  • Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh, I wish I had the store content :(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you BHarrellsGirl :] And I'm excited that you're excited so we're both pretty dang excited... :D<3

Ah, I'm sorry April, maybe you can receive them as gifts? :] I just saved up month by month and would purchase these sets that way~

Finished completely with the exterior to the apartments...
    Front:
    Screenshot-239_zps015b225d.jpg

Back:
    Screenshot-237_zpse627dd24.jpg
    Screenshot-241_zpsbf98fc8c.jpg

Most buildings will have a similar style to them in the 'geisha district' or downtown :] I have so much to do there aren't enough hours in the day!!
  • Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2013
    So, I open up my email this morning and I find an email from TS3 store, so I open it, thinking what on earth it could be, and it's a gift from you!

My reaction: ghlejgkrdfschjkegfdsj.krf :o

I think it's safe to say you're now my favourite world builder/awesome person on these forums. :lol:
    Thank you so much though!

I think I'll start saving up so then I can buy simpoints to buy awesome things, plus, I have to get you something totally freaking awesome because you are awesome, (but for that to happen I have to get paid first, and I'm still waiting to get paid but that won't be for a few weeks unfortunately).

On another note - the apartments are so cool! I love the shoji screen door/window thing wallpaper (pretty sure I got the name wrong).
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited February 2013
    Always a pleasure to stop by and look at your updates Oil!
    Excellent work with the graveyard and the Pagoda gardens ^__^
    Oh, and those apartments are totally droolworthy, mind if I take a bite? xD
    This is going to be super awesome! Can't wait to see more :D