Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Traveling to the Future? We want to hear from you!!

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited February 2013
    I remember at some point we were asked to partake in a poll about which EP we would like to see next. And it seems as though the polls were to put the most wanted EP first and the least wanted last. I have to wonder if the polls were set up that way and if it is just inevitable the path taken into the Sims 3. I don't think that it was a question of whether or not we wanted but we were just going to get the most wanted first. I kinda rephrased the same thing 2 diffferent ways. So, if no one wanted that EP would it be a great loss?

I would like the time traveler thingy to not just be a rabbithole but an actual port to various futures AND the past.
    I think it would be kinda cool if our sims traveled to the past and the sims in then looked like the Sims 2 characters. Kind of like Sims 1 being the caveman and Sims 2 being the neanderthal. Unless the sims 2 is the future and looking like those characters is what they have to look forward to?

Having not just a subway but a trainstaion to use for travel.

That's all I have for now and I hope you read it.
  • Options
    IceSilverCrystalIceSilverCrystal Posts: 61 New Member
    edited February 2013
    new skins would be nice. like from different TV series... it would be nice to create them more... realistically. Like Star Trek! Klingons, Trill! things like that. Maybe their own ships, fly in space and stuff! would that be too difficult? and maybe bring back the interest/hobby system like you had in Sims 2 oooh and can you bring back the plantsim? maybe the different talent things?
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    new skins would be nice. like from different TV series... it would be nice to create them more... realistically. Like Star Trek! Klingons, Trill! things like that. Maybe their own ships, fly in space and stuff! would that be too difficult?

It would get them sued into bankruptcy. And that's being optimistic.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013
    new skins would be nice. like from different TV series... it would be nice to create them more... realistically. Like Star Trek! Klingons, Trill! things like that. Maybe their own ships, fly in space and stuff! would that be too difficult?

It would get them sued into bankruptcy. And that's being optimistic.

:lol: That was so funny!
  • Options
    Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would love to see the return of Servo and a new Robot type Cyborg or Android
  • Options
    thesim53thesim53 Posts: 246 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I think that you should make it somewhat grounded (Not too grounded, but just make it at least a little grounded).

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look? I'd prefer it to not be a utopia as such, but I think I know a way around this. Personally I think that there should be some kind of glass bubble, you can either be in the bubble in which sims are much happier, but it is much more expensive and clean or the outside of the bubble where everything is sort of green, mucky and polluted for poor sims. If sims on the outside of the bubble go for too long without getting some kind of oxygen from either an oxygen bar or their own expensive oxygen thing than they will get extremely sick with an extremely low mood level. Life inside the bubble will be pretty much perfect (except for the expenses), pretty much what most people have stated.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time? I think that for poor sims Oxygen Bars. Richer sims maybe some kind of ***** Zone type area.

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do? I think there should be 2 or three different types of robots. One small one (Something like Walle, but not an exact copy. One cyborg that looks like a sim, talks like a sim, but isn't a sim, these Cyborgs should be able to be programed to do different things like clean the house, be a handyman or be able to parent kids. You either need to programme it yourself, pay a technician a hefty fee to do it for you or convince a friend to do it for you.

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting. Some kind of Technology maker/ worker (Just generally something to do with technology), Public transport worker.

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in? There needs to be an activity that involves technology.

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.A new Oxygen device (I mentioned above).

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones? Of course there needs to be improvements on Technology items. Maybe Sunglasses which are a TV, Computer and audio system in one. When the sunglasses are in use a blue hologram type screen appears in front of the sim using it.

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future? Dunno.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    edited February 2013
    I thought about this way too much overnight. Are you happy now? :mrgreen:

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?
    Sky-high buildings on columns or floating surfaces. Highrise apartments, or homes built on terraces. Hovercars, bikes, etc., in the air; sleek monorails on the surface. Futuristic architecture, but not sterile-looking or geometric. Curved walls and ceilings, glass and skylights. Extremely delicate and refined; with pearly or opalescent finishes. Vibrant colors. Lots of lush greenery: rooftop gardens, greenhouses. A bright blue sky, colorful and star-filled at night. But all of this could be under a huge dome, and the sky is a hologram or artificial atmosphere.

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?
    We need the Bots from the Sims2, to clean; take care of the garden; bring food; and zap burglars and other annoying Sims. We need the Servos back, too. There could be an option to upgrade them to androids. Their roles could be to serve Sims (as butlers, nannies, guards, etc.), or be companions or lovers. For them to have emotions, wants, needs, to be controllable or or added to the family, should be optional as well.

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.
    Meh.

Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.
    Hovercars and similar transportation; teleportation pads and/or rooms. Food replicators or other time-saving kitchen appliances. A shower that cleans Sims without water; the Not So Routine Machine. Holographic TVs, computers, and phones/communication. Hydroponic gardens. Holodecks, to live out fantasies or visit the past.

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?
    See above.

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?
    It could unbalance their mind, possibly horrify them; especially if this paradise were under a dome, surrounded by a wasteland. They could get homesick. Or they might miss the future world and want to go back to stay. I really think we should have that option, too.

Also this:
    Since it's going to be a travel EP I'm going to assume it will be set up like WA. In WA you can travel to two places, China and Egypt.

Why not revert to the original survey idea and make it possible to time travel to the future and to the past to a very Steampunk Victorian era?

I think that just to the future is too much of a niche market idea and will not appeal to a lot of players.

Since both genres are science fiction, Steampunk being an industrialized, romantic version and the future being a possibly hopeful technological version they could be made to go hand in hand.

And this:
    Also the fashion must be fantastic in the future, as in maybe a bit Steam Punk looking for inspiration

tumblr_m3o3xjbWQm1qhs241o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmx2jaS3Sm1qjz83no1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2e9oj1JQB1qkqxbio1_500.jpg

• Options
    Schahin22Schahin22 Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi!
    Future is no really the best topic for the next Ep, i think...
    However i have lots of ideas, too and i can't describe everything what's in my min here,so only the most important aspects and the questions

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look

I think the world should have two sides
    a mix of modern, light, eco-friendly buildings and lots of green areas on the one side, a dark, dirty neighborhood, where most of the people live in poverty and just care more about staying alive than having fun.
    So there is something like a social separation and i know, for The Sims this is not the best idea ('cause poverty and social injustice never appeared in the games yet^^), but i think future won't be perfect.
    One more aspect shortage of space. A future-world definitively has to contain narrow footways, "floating" streets and big squares. The buildings should be as high and as connected as possible.
    By the way: the remake of the film Total Recall is exactly the perfect future-world!
    The problem is, it's too difficult to develop such a thing for The sims and it realizing it would cause huge game freezes :D

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

Exploring hopefully narrow, crooked streets and varied downtown world :-D

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

And if the player don't want to have robots, because we already got some in Ambitions?
    I think you should just "upgrade" them. I don't really care about robots, because i even don't play with the one in Ambitions, but i hope the new ones will have lots of Changes. Most of the time Those occult-sims do take a too big part in Eps i think...

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.
    - engineers
    - Game-developer
    - more political paths
    - being part of an initiative/organization with it's own interest

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?
    - more sports (also self-invited things for the future-topic ;-) )
    - motor races (?)
    - orienteering in unknown areas out of the downtown

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

- helicopters
    - automatic shutters, radiators, air cons & doors
    - mirrors that could be used as a computer

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?

- kitchen cabinets should have the same functions as the inventory
    - electronic objects that could be activated with the voice

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?

It's obvious just talking to another Sim in the future would change some things, but changing everything after time-traveling is much too complex (to develop and to play with)!
    Some central aspects (like your sim has to do this for the next thing to happen) the player can use to change their Sim's life is enough. So you won't loose the overview of your simmies' life^^

I know, my idea of the world is REALLY a bit too utopian^^, but i hope all our posts help the team to create a new (good) expansion pack!
    And sorry for my bad English at some places, I'm German :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Although I'm not really interested in this EP, It's too unusual to fit my game. I appreciate the opportunity you gave us to contribute to it though. I'll give it my best shot (in colored text below).

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?
    With global warming, rising sea levels and high population I imagine buildings will be tall like in late night, water defenses will be in place for floods and it will get very very hot in the summer so shiney surfaces will not be seen on buildings.
    Many buildings would be strong enough to give extra protection from quakes and storms. To compensate for forest fires and trees that are destroyed, there will be lots and lots of futuristic trees designed to help cool the air and provide some relief from pollution. Cars will all be electric cars but I think hover cars are going a bit too far. Boats will be a little bit more like camper vans and people will use them more, as well as some more expensive ones you can use on both land and water.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time? and...
    • In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?
    Everything seems to be going digital and health and fitness are becoming popular, so most people will not be out shopping (they'll buy online) or indoors buying. Everyone will have tablet computers with internet everywhere they go and they'll use that for shopping, working, making phone calls and text messages (tablets will be combined with phones). Shops will only sell small stuff that wouldn't be bought online and have displays for sims wandering around and sims can buy with their card and have them delivered. So instead of shopping sims will be at social hangouts including playing sports, leisure activities, fresh produce markets, and much more. They'll also travel more and take part in hobbies and work activities.
    Really not sure about this one, not into robots. If they work, it'll be jobs involving mass production and spying on criminals. As part of a household they would maybe mop puddles, make emergency calls, do dangerous tasks like fixing things and fight burglars and fires if trained well enough.
    With so few shops around most jobs will be in offices, factories and deliveries. One job in particular we could have is a delivery service, with this we could branch out into delivering various different kinds of products.
    Boat-car, helicopter maybe, chairs for gamers (they will connect wirelessly to the console and have buttons and controllers attached them).
    Tablet computer combined with phone, soft unbreakable TV (screen itself is solid), TVs and tablets will have radio and TVs will all have internet and touchscreen as well as remotes. Also, tablets can play top video games like the console and computer ones
    Feeling confused and overwelmed by differences when in future, and feeling old fashioned when back in the present day missing out on advanced stuff. I don't think they should have any encounters with family members from the future, it will just get confusing. If they bring a child back it should be the same age no matter where they go.
  • Options
    zeefritzzeefritz Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2013
    THEME MUSIC FOR TRAVELING TO THE FUTURE EP

A Simlish version of Petula Clark's Cut Copy Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iM48qNM8xI

This is the Compuphonic Remix:

http://youtu.be/d4U9jr-9Kro

(Petula is 80, BTW.)
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    shideh357 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Maybe even stasis chambers :D

That would be cool objects. I imagine that object like a place where we can put to sleep a sims with which currently we do not want to play. ( We would be able to play with other sims in the household. They would age, die ect..) In that chamber their aging will stop. So that we can wake them, in the future after many generations of that familly, household with we are playing is passed. So that sim in stasis chamber will be able to meet its future relatives.

That would be interesting for legacy players in TS3. :)

A million times yes! This is a fantastic idea. It means that you can keep a sim dormant, giving you chance to play with the rest of the family and also saves you having to resurrect a family member in order for them to meet the future generations. That sim could be combined to the object, so that if a sim moves lot or something that chamber stays behind forever until someone releases the sim. Otherwise you'd have problems with using resetsim or sims getting stuck.

Yes that is idea. It would be very interesting storywise. :)

And even usefull. :)

Oooh, yes, that would be awesome! Sim cryonics, perhaps? :)
  • Options
    Ragehu3Ragehu3 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I would like Futurama or StarTrek World.
    Career: Academy - Starship commander - Admiral like the Startrek, if a sim lives on Eart. But he/she can to live in deep space on the starship as a crew member or on the space station like DC9.
    Game: holoroom
    Eat: replicator
    Clean: sonic shower

He/she can explore the whole area in station or ship for work or relaxation.

sorry for my poor english
  • Options
    Luis_CarlosLuis_Carlos Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2013
    * I would like a crossover with medieval sims, or a new pack.

* I like the idea of quests like sims world adventures.

* I have bought all the packs and expansions. The towns are too small to add the new building.

I would wish a "reboot" or remake of towns with more space to add the new buildings. For example a Sunset Valley 2.0. with the firemen park, pubs and other things.

I suposse the time travel could alter the timeline and the cities.

* I wish "travel" to other towns, for example from Lunar Lakes go to city of ambitions, supernatural, late night, showtime.... why? Because I want fish all the fish and collect all the jewels like vampire eye.

---

* Why not a sims 3 free-to-play (or only buy-to-play like guild wars) with store from sims 3? Like a mixture of Second Life and sims social, with quests and missions like from Sims Medieval. And with mad scientifics, spies and superheroes!!
  • Options
    bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    edited February 2013
    I expect a futuristic city with sky scrappers and hanging railway like bridgeport but way more futurist.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2013
    So many great Ideas, I actually don´t have much to add. Cyborgs would be cool! I am fashion lover so what I am most interested in is CAS. I would like to see new type of eyes, contact lenses where the other eye can be recolored different color than the other and new cool make-ups to tweak those futuristic sims look very unique. I also wish all ages will be covered with futuristic clothing.

• Options
    good909good909 Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    Any futuristic worlds to me would look like a mix between luar lakes and another rare exotic world.

My sims would probaly spend most of the time at a futuristic bar of somesort because most of my sims are party-animals.

Well I Guess robots could be used for nannies and maids. only because it cost simeoleons to buy a maid.

New careers i'd be looking forward to would be something like less rabbitholes but more of home-schooling and ocean lifeguards.

I Would like to see more time traveling experiences where you csn actually see how your sim is doing in the time traveling machine.

When my sims go back and forth into time i really want to see how they respond to it. like if they came back with a moodlet saying "time travelers sickness" about them being dizzy or sick to their stomach.

these were just some of the things i was thnking about :)
  • Options
    junimdazinjunimdazin Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I would love some kind of civilization in the Moon.
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited February 2013
    I too am one of the Simmers very disappointed in this expansion. With so many other expansions that we could have and use to me this is not one that I'm interested in and while I don't know yet what this will be like, I just can't see me buying this expansion which will be a first for me! I have always bought every expansion, stuff pack and store content but I don't want to play in outer space. I would have thought EA would have realized no one hardly plays Lunar Lakes! Look at the Uploads, do you see any buildings, clothes, sims etc. nope. I know a lot of Simmers and not one that I know of that owns this world plays it. So that's my 2 cents worth.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited February 2013
    I just really hope they put someplace fun in the game and new not another club, or some type of consignment store. It's getting old fast.

I'd love to really go to a futuristic themepark. Flying roller coasters. Rocket rides, water tunnel rides, concession stands, scifi games you can play and when tickets or crystals.

What would be crazy is that's how simmers had to earn money in that world to buy stuff and shop they had to play games at the Sci fi carnival. Then they can visit malls, and restaurants to eat, bring back souvenirs from the future back to regular time.

I think the future theme park should offer a cool hotel to stay in as well.
  • Options
    blackhuffblackhuff Posts: 40 New Member
    edited February 2013

- A lot of cars flying around, high buildings due to mist on the ground it self.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time? Most definitely in any future time.

Be very interactive. Be able to spawn and have feelings.

- Historian

- Flying of a car.

- Machines that pop out ready made food by a press of a button

- Aquarium but this time it would be awesome if we can get it in a bigger environment so that the Sim can swim with the fish or sharks :)

That your sim age a tad faster when he jumps time.
  • Options
    luvn45luvn45 Posts: 7
    edited February 2013
    Not the future.. Outerspace!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2013

Since we are talking about time traveling why not introduce a part of the past too? It would be fun to have period items/objects in the game. Horse carriages for instant would be great. The roccoco set from the set would come in great use for a period theme. I can just imagine my sim getting out of a horse carriage in her wig and her lavish gown! :D

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

In outer space! In the moon maybe! :D

Robot would be nice. If robot is a part of the family I would like him to help with not only the house keeping but would be cool if he has super powers. :D

- Historian
    - Archeologist
    - Time Traveller
    - Airplane Steward/Stewardess

I would love to see train stations which are not rabbit holes. Would be great to see our sims alight a train and travel to far off destination.

Airports would be great too. Love to make my sim a steward or stewardess! Again, I would love to see my sims fly. :D Not the superhero way but just with a airplane. :D

Curved Walls as Building object.
    Horse Carriages as Buy object.
    Trains and Airplanes
    Time Travelling machine as Buy Object.
    Glass Floors and glass roofs as Build Object.
    Ability to build high rises without using any cheats!

Would love to see our sims cars fly! :D

They wouldn't age when they time travel. :D Also, when they go back to the past I would like the sim neighbourhood and the objects in the game to reflect the time period. :D
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited February 2013
    I like more of the Star Trek feel. I would like hovering or flying cars. Food replicators. My robot, I would like it to be an android like Data. It could look like a Sim but have different colored eyes and skin. I think the world should be in a dome because of the hostile environment we created by pollution. I think that Sims could leave the dome, but under a risk. I think the style should be spacey like Lunar Lakes. I think there should be hybrid harvestables and they should have special benefits or consequences. I think the careers should have something to do with trying to repair the environment so they don't need the dome. It would be nice if the Sims themselves looked a little different. Maybe a different pallor because of living under a dome. I don't think you would hang out any differently in the future. Maybe an oxygen bar??

• Options
    ace6661ace6661 Posts: 278 Member
    edited February 2013
    If they could travel from my hood by either Delorean or TARDIS I think it would be awesome ;)
  • Options
    IsabelleLeeIsabelleLee Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2013
    personally I think it would be more fun to make one going into the past, but with a future expansion pack...I'm thinking time traveling delorean? all the things that were back to the future two? :P I think it would be AMAZING! :-)