Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Traveling to the Future? We want to hear from you!!

1313233343537...Next

Comments

• Aw3someunicornAw3someunicorn Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    shaleseJ wrote:
    Why havent i seen anything about new alien types? maybe pet/sim hybrids or even something entirely different other than the same old green skin black eyed sims we have been with for the entire sims timeline, maybe get cyclops, 3 eyed monsters or even alien pets, also alot of futuristic ******** of current in game stuff or even new things like sleep pods, things to conserve space seeing as over population would be a thing of the future and probably more npc's everywhere in general....and the future being a 'sky world' would be frekin awesome! and like maybe for once we can get enough future stuff to furnish all the rooms we could have in a house not just bedrooms and bathrooms also if you bring things from 'the past' certain ones could be worth alot more and seen as 'antiques' and for me, id expect to see alot of holograms, glass and very smooth metal, space travel being a normal thing and i would think aliens would be seen at all times of the day in the future

hope this sparked some ideas! have fun creating!

I'd like to address the new alien types suggestion. Maybe you can take that a step farther. As it already seems, you guys are kind of upgrading the simbots to plumbots so why not go out with it? Like maybe update all the occults. Like in the future the occults must have adapted too right? Vampires could have daylight rings that alow them to go out in the sun without sparkling or burning, witches could've invented new spell, ect. And maybe if you really screwed up the future, the zombie apocalypse might be a thing. I would love to see how the future is affected by all the other ep's (sorry if someone already mentioned these ideas I didn't have time to read it all so I skipped quite a few pages)
  • CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited August 2013
    shaleseJ wrote:
    Why havent i seen anything about new alien types? maybe pet/sim hybrids or even something entirely different other than the same old green skin black eyed sims we have been with for the entire sims timeline, maybe get cyclops, 3 eyed monsters or even alien pets, also alot of futuristic ******** of current in game stuff or even new things like sleep pods, things to conserve space seeing as over population would be a thing of the future and probably more npc's everywhere in general....and the future being a 'sky world' would be frekin awesome! and like maybe for once we can get enough future stuff to furnish all the rooms we could have in a house not just bedrooms and bathrooms also if you bring things from 'the past' certain ones could be worth alot more and seen as 'antiques' and for me, id expect to see alot of holograms, glass and very smooth metal, space travel being a normal thing and i would think aliens would be seen at all times of the day in the future

hope this sparked some ideas! have fun creating!
    FOUL LANGUAGE!
  • Orion3132Orion3132 Posts: 65 Member
    edited August 2013
    To me a futuristic Utopia would be somewhere between The Jetsons and Futurama... With all the rounded buildings and flying cars you see from The Jetsons while still having a grounded city like in Futurama. Also, things in my Utopia would be crisp and clean looking, none of the dirty, trashy stuff we see here in the present. Like maybe some super smart person devises a way to disintegrate garbage and pollution.

If my sim hangs out in the future a lot then he/she will probably hang out around the shops and malls of the future. Maybe buying a new futuristic look or perusing through the latest in SimBot designs.

Speaking of SimBots, if there were such creations and they were a part of my family, I'd like them to handle the cleaning jobs around the home... and maybe make up and close that dangerous murphy bed now and then... Sheesh, that thing is DANGEROUS... lol yea, dangerously hilarious. :lol:

Speaking of SimBots, I would imagine that my Sim would become a SimBot Designer and design and build the latest and greatest in SimBotics. I would therefore like for my Sim to work really hard with the inventing table AND at the SimBot creation machine.

I would allow my Sim to then relax on a futuristic looking couch and watch his new holo-TV.

My Sim's home would have many, many wonderful objects, including a Garbage Disintegrator, A cubed shaped couch with built in digitalised TV controls, holo-HDTV and a crystal clear coffee table that looks as though it were made completely out of glass.

As for his Kitchen, that would be totally automated with push button menus, and an ultra modern dining room set that looks like something off of the U.🐸🐸🐸🐸. Enterprise.

The Bathroom is also done in an ultra modern decor with a steam shower that uses pulsating laser jets to zap the dirt and grime right off, the bathroom also has an automatically flushing toilet and the sink automatically turns on and off. The shower also includes this "hands free" technology in which Sims never need to worry about touching such dirty surfaces ever again.

In the bedroom lies the patented Sleep Chambers as well as an auto dresser. Yes friends, no longer do you need to pick out your clothes and dress yourself, with the Auto Dresser, you merely press the button next to the clothes you want and the Auto Dresser will dress you in them... Most of the time. On the far wall is a new Holographic Wall Clock.

In the Study, we find my Sims new digital Chess set, weight equipment and digitised Computer interface (Think Tron and/or ReBoot)

I would expect that traveling back and forth through time would affect my Sim as he witnessed not only the changes in Technology but meeting (or not meeting) his descendants from the future. This may cause my Sim to think more carefully about the things he/she does or does not do.
    TRUE GAMERS UNITE!
  • FashionkaFashionka Posts: 70 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I would like round walls and glass walls (because I think glass walls are futuristic) and round glass walls :D .
  • grobnic356grobnic356 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Ok my thoughts... the future may have utopian citys true,but at the same time im shure there are other citys with are run down ditys citys when the poor and unfortunate live...the future will see a more defined cut between the upper and lower class, and I immagine the sims sould and/would the the same way.
    We have already seen the city the utopian city(they could make the rundow poor citys vacation destinations,for purpose of game play)
  • hannah15hannah15 Posts: 99 New Member
    edited August 2013
    • What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

I think it would be like Outer Space! (I guess kind of similar to Wall-E) Everyone would live in a 'spaceship' and lots would float in mid space (maybe even float around and change positions) outdoor style lots would be in domes similar to Lunar Lakes and everyone would travel round in smaller hover scooters or space crafts.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

In the main spaceship that would be similar to a shopping mall with cafes and bars in.

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

Be like a Butler or as just a friend!! Although I think they should be sure to be classed as different from a 'Sim' with different needs (If not NO needs) although maybe be able to be turned into a sim by a 'true love's kiss!' from a sim in a relationship with them obviously this wouldn't be easy to do and a high friendship level would be required!!

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

Astronaut, Spaceship maintenance, ET Locator or Robot Designer

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?

Star riding, spaceship launching, alien encounters and space dancing

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

Space scooter, portals, instant microwaves, black holes, space food, spacesuit (which would be worn outside pets aswell!!)

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?

The hover bed, Lunar Lake trees/plants & other space décor.

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?

Return as different age from future, I think you should also have to be able to go back in time (select how many generations) However actions done can affect the future, in extreme cases mean sims may no longer have ever been born!

I hope my thoughts are considered and by speaking to other players they agree its a good idea and sounds really cool!!
  • beesnchickiesbeesnchickies Posts: 10
    edited October 2013
    I imagine hover houses, spaceships and hover boards. But there has to be space ships. Underwater houses. fortune tellers. submarines.
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just a question.

Will the Aliens be more enhanced in this EP. Like how the Vampires were for Supernatural EP?
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • YuiriYuiri Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I don't know if someone has already talked about it here, I only read through the last 5 pages or so ^^'
    Well, although I am super excited for this EP (I installed it like 2 hours ago), I of course travelled to the future asap, but I noticed that you CANNOT get ANY old jobs from the "present-day" world, only the self-employed careers. To me, that's really a huge bummer. Anyone knows why they didn't just include the normal jobs to the rabbitholes? :(
    At least the school I put down in Oasis Landing works fine for my children & teens (I used the rabbithole that came with Lunar Lakes~), so they won't be sitting around all day not knowing what to do with themselves...
    I just find it a bit frustrating that you can live in the future permanently (which is a great thing!), but I guess after a while you'll have to get your sims the same "new" jobs over and over again, since there are only 2 actual rabbithole-careers in this neighborhood :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mazhalasmazhalas Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Okay..well i have been reading all over web and forums today..and i can see that a lot of people feel same way as i do,sadly.I am very disappointed in sims 3 into the future.While new items ( hair,clothing,furniture) and 2 new traits are cool,other things are just..disappointing.

You can travel to the future and live in the new world for as long as you want which is great,but i feel like its a complete waste of time because,eventually you will have to go back to your regular sim life you came from.You can only chose from 2 types of jobs unless you want to register as self employed and spend entire career at home while in a new exciting world.You can not divide your family (which made me sad because if my family is of 8 people and i want to move the adults to start their own families,i can't do that unless i go back in time).Basically into the future feels like sims 3 vacation to me which is a biggest disappointment. :cry:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just a question.

Will the Aliens be more enhanced in this EP. Like how the Vampires were for Supernatural EP?

No
  • wintergirl161992wintergirl161992 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2014
    hi into the future is cool
  • slickbrick11slickbrick11 Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    (stupid question) Ok where is the hibernation chamber for the into the future limited edition i downloaded it but i cant find what tab its under ;p