Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Traveling to the Future? We want to hear from you!!

Comments

• Options
    dirtdiva3dirtdiva3 Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I'm really excited for this expansion. It would be cool if the future showed some kind of world were renewable energy was key. That would give way to lots of cool new objects, and it would make for a beautiful natural futuristic world. :)
  • Options
    jhkfvgbjhfjhdfgjhkfvgbjhfjhdfg Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    it would be cool if their where cyborgs. it wolud alsobe cool if thier where two difrent futers
  • Options
    IsabelleLeeIsabelleLee Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I like more of the Star Trek feel. I would like hovering or flying cars. Food replicators. My robot, I would like it to be an android like Data. It could look like a Sim but have different colored eyes and skin. I think the world should be in a dome because of the hostile environment we created by pollution. I think that Sims could leave the dome, but under a risk. I think the style should be spacey like Lunar Lakes. I think there should be hybrid harvestables and they should have special benefits or consequences. I think the careers should have something to do with trying to repair the environment so they don't need the dome. It would be nice if the Sims themselves looked a little different. Maybe a different pallor because of living under a dome. I don't think you would hang out any differently in the future. Maybe an oxygen bar??

^^THIS GIRL HAS SOME AMAZING AND WONDERFUL IDEAS...LISTEN TO HER
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    edited February 2013
    More thought starters.

Curved walls. (not drawn by me.)
    sevendays_03.jpg

Curvey shelves.
    untitled.png

russia-tower.jpg

regatta-hotel.jpg

More curves
    podwhite.jpg

Sid Mead, 'nuff said.
    mead1.jpg

gazprom.jpg

A monorail, maglev.
    783159bf-7403-447e-a580-eca9ea1b6144.jpg

apeiron_18.jpg

7-penang-global-city-centre-malaysia.jpg

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    RichardIRichardI Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I love all the ideas that have been presented thus far and have just one more thing to add.

I'd love the ability to learn new skills quicker - that have been advanced due to technology - and be able to bring those skills back into the present day. For example, an eBook reader (similar to cell phone) that has all the skill books in there so that a tech-savvy Sim can skill up in their home. Then to complete the mastering of the skill, they have to complete an opportunity.

Just an idea.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
  • Options
    BeyonceMarieBeyonceMarie Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Maybe a "Tron" like future.. Yes I know Tron is based inside a virtual reality but it looks really futuristic. Some unusual vivid colors and large misshaped buildings and statues. Flying cars and even possibly flying buildings or the whole city could even be floating. You could even have Sims living in underwater apartments or houses floating in the middle of the air.

There could be underwater hotel or some sort of floating building where you could play activities or chill out.

Just some ideas. :)
  • Options
    IsleofJessIsleofJess Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    It would be awesome to see some sort of Star Trek themed career setting in a futuristic world. You could work your way up to Admiral or Ambassador or something similar.
  • Options
    ninabonita4ninabonita4 Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2013
    - I picture a city with a spoke and wheel- like pattern like the one in Paris. Modern architecture like Dubai.

- Robots scare me, so no thank you.

- Time traveling detective: Sims travel back in time and solve cases that were never solved

- Maybe more futuristic instruments, item that can produce any kind of food you want

• Options
    cianw038cianw038 Posts: 12
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to see hoverboards for the future and skateboards for the normal world. with maybe a new skating halfpipe and skatepark venue that could maybe use bikes with them and be able to perform tricks.
    for the careers i'd like to see maybe a car engineer and time traveller profession.
    If we could have robots i'd like to see them be able to able to scare off burglars and other things from different EP's like raccons (pets) and paparazi(LN)
    I'd love to see these small things integrated into this EP and am very excited for it :)
  • Options
    onemagicmummyonemagicmummy Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I woud like somewhat of a butterfly effect. Go to the future, see whats what, do back to the present, chnge something and go forward again and see what kind of knock on effect has happened.

Id like to see similar to Luna Lakes but less bright/white flooring. Flying cars would be cool, but, depends on what choices your sim makes during their present.

New objects like uber cool beds, cookers that cook for you, a 3D Tv,

I would also like to ask if it would be possible to add a Home Education (homeschool) ability for children and teens and the ability for Mothers to breastfeed their babies and toddlers.

Kiz
  • Options
    ninabonita4ninabonita4 Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2013
    I picture a city with a spoke and wheel- like pattern like the one in Paris. Modern architecture like Dubai.

Robots scare me, so no thank you.

Time traveling detective: Sims travel back in time and solve cases that were never solved

Maybe more futuristic instruments, item that can produce any kind of food you want, light sabers, possibility to own a spaceship, buy a vacation house in another time.
  • Options
    LUWI47LUWI47 Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    I think the Perfect futuristic utopia would be a world that is in harmony with earth. A good combination of future with nature or even something like a sky city with of course the cliché flying cars. As for robots they should be something like a house maid.
  • Options
    beanbag2000beanbag2000 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    you should have robots that live in your house and are like butler except when you ask them to make you a meal they can just pull it out of a draw in their chest. you should have carrers like fixing the robots and historian that works in the school and teaches sims about what it was like in the past, sims should be able to attend these lectures/classes and this should be a skill and a type of book. for objects you need hovering cars and teleporters. you guys a`re doing great and can't wait to see what this pack turns out like...
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    RENATOCAMARARENATOCAMARA Posts: 36 New Member
    edited February 2013
    god, i can already see that The Sims Team/Studio is going to have a lot of fun (and hard work) scrolling through this subject for the futuristic EP kehehe. there`s a lot of great ideas in here and its so so much worth it being that they`re the ones who asked us simmers to talk about it rather than being started from a player :D:D this forum is gonna be busy for about... more 3 months or so XD
  • Options
    NatskyNatsky Posts: 32
    edited February 2013
    Personally, I don't think this expansion is going to do very well. I think it really only appeals to a very narrow demographic. I was a very loyal player of the sims 1 and 2, and got very nearly every expansion and stuff pack, but with the sims 3, I've become very disinterested in a lot of the add-ons.

Then again, since I don't know much about this expansion, I can't really make any solid judgements can I? Perhaps this will be an instance in which I am proven wrong and this EP will be great. But as of right now, my feelings towards this EP (And I'm sure I'm not alone) are very, very negative.
  • Options
    fariecatfariecat Posts: 69 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I got Meet the Robinsons,the animated film in my head. I am a huge history buff but I will try anything :)
    Robots that garden would rock!
  • Options
    RoxyRedCatRoxyRedCat Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    I am a huge Sims fan, and I have been waiting for this idea for a long time. The sims team never ceases to amaze me with their ideas. I imagine that a future sims 3 world would look something like the stuff we see in the movies, maybe with a little Star Wars influence/inspiration, yet original. As far as Robots go, I imagine the simbots would be like the ones from bicentennial man with 'Robin Williams'. Teleportation pads, interactive virtual games, and portals from one land to another would be a nice thing to add as well. New styles and traits would be necessary also, because future sims would probably be computer geeks X10, and might they have flying cars? Oh, another good idea would be to allow them to teleport to outer space. We have never been able to see where the aliens are from. That would be very interesting!
  • Options
    jeff_gausjeff_gaus Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I would like to see something very similar to Lunar Lakes. A domed city/space colony environment. Aliens in create-a-Sim, servos and the other robots from sims 2 would be great. Hover-boards and something similar to the broom arena for them, also replicators. For replicators, you could add raw metals, gems, etc.. and create house-hold items. What about a cloning machine? you could clone your sim and raise them from a toddler, allowing them to take on new traits, etc... An expansion like this could have pretty good play potential.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited February 2013
    Please, PLEASE make travel to the past an option as well. It wouldn't even be that difficult -- you could just snag clothing, furniture and other things from Sims Medieval! That option would practically design itself!

Travel to the future sounds fun, but I would MUCH prefer traveling to the past. :-)
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited February 2013
    Here’s an idea that just came to me…I’m sitting here complaining that I hate buying store sets and redesigning EA worlds to fit the new set, ie: 1800 Rocco set, only to see NPC’s spawn or age up in the game with the wrong themed clothes on after I have done all that work editing the town and townies to the theme.

Here’s the idea: wouldn’t it be nice to take a time travel machine into the past and the town you live in was simply revamped into the time period that you selected. All the townies are wearing the Rocco hair and clothing and the community lots have been designed to look like the past. -OR- take a time travel machine into the future and the town you live in was revamped into the future. All the townies are now wearing futuristic hairs and clothes and community lots and rabbit holes look like the future. So basically you would get into the time machine and there would be a loading screen to bring you to the time period you chose. Your whole world you just lived in is redesigned to look like it had just gone into the future or the past AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART -ALL of the townies keep the appropriate clothing on for THAT themed world (time period).

That’s MY idea.

Better yet EA, why not just give us the capability to set our own clothing collections files that can be assigned to your world. If I start a new game file in Twinbrook and I only want sims to wear certain clothes, I can select a collection file (that I created)and assign it as the valid collection for NPC sims to randomly pull from. This way my themed world is never invaded with sims wearing the wrong clothing other than by tourist.

I sure hope this can happen. It would make players a little less apprehensive about adding store sets to their games.

Oh yeah, and please add both a functional and a decorative french porcelain tea set to the game please.(with and without stencil for re-color purposes)
  • Options
    CroustipattCroustipatt Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    It would be fun if it was travel in time, past and future! :)

In the future I think a mix between portal/back to the future/tron/star wars could be cool, like star wars architecture, back to the future goodies (like hoverboard), tron and portal technologies and futuristic atmosphere.
    Also, for robots, it would be really great if they were like those in the manga Chobits! Human-like and doing all kind of jobs like servants, waiters, and able to have relationships with human sims.
  • Options
    mikimihajlovicmikimihajlovic Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    -I would like really tall buildings(taller then in Late Night),they should all be from glass and change colour at night :mrgreen: !!! There will be roads in the air,and maybe towns in the water :lol:
    -They would be in comunity lots which are in those tall,glass buildings.
    -Robots would be maids,like Bonhilda :wink:
    -I don't know which careers would i pick... :roll:
    -I would like to see a hologramic computer and cell phones

• Options
    TenshinoshinTenshinoshin Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2013
    A few things I'd like to see in the future;

Hover cars, robotic pets (and maybe a better Servo, like 3.0 or so), something that you can affect in the past by going to the future, like the lottery or betting on sporting events, a hover board (ala Back to the Future), maybe a new kind of alien, space ships... that sort of thing.

I also think future utopia should not be on Earth. You could put it on Mars, under domes sort of like with Lunar Lakes, which would give us some awesome new terrain.

I do feel like the expansion might be a little lacking without the past, but it would be better to have the future in one pack and the past in another, just to ensure that there's enough content for both...

Pretty excited about this one =)
  • Options
    petalstakenpetalstaken Posts: 27 New Member
    edited February 2013
    What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

Writers have been giving us ideas of where we should be by now... for years, Flying cars, everything activated by voice, i am not a city girl in game or out, but it would be fun to see how i could integrate the future into my small town simmy life.
    but keep my lush terrains, The dunes theme is not appealing to all.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?
    Book Stores, Museums and Tech shops.

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

Modern day butlers, Gardner's,

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?

going along with science, treasure hunts of sorts to find objects to find cures, advances in science

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

voice activation items in the home click sim to activate. Think Jetsons, Bicentennial Man & IRobot Not the bad robots of course.. Back to the future

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?

we already have the time travel machine, maybe a better look, able to add walls like with the elevator, to hide the container.

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future? Much like it is now bringing home different items, but please give us the option, your sims wants to bring back his Ghost great grand pa, yes or no... Your sims wants to change careers yes or no, that kind of thing, would make the time travel more fun to me anyhow.

This is a new idea, Still waiting to see more business options like we had with 2. But i like new ideas... there is still so much to enjoy with sim3 Thank you for exploring the options.
  • Options
    AliceniederauerAliceniederauer Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Corey785 wrote:
    Also, I was very disapointed when you announced this expansion. I really was.

Me too.