Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are pool tables even possible?

ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Is there a good reason why we do not have pool tables in the Sims 4? I, and many other people, have been asking for pool tables since the Sims 4 release. I just don’t understand why pool tables, which we had in all of the previous versions of the Sims, is not in the Sims 4? Can anyone give me a good reason why?
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Is there a good reason why we do not have pool tables in the Sims 4? I, and many other people, have been asking for pool tables since the Sims 4 release. I just don’t understand why pool tables, which we had in all of the previous versions of the Sims, is not in the Sims 4? Can anyone give me a good reason why?

A pool table, don't you understand?
    Friend, either you're closing your eyes
    To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge
    Or you are not aware of the calibre of disaster indicated
    By the presence of a pool table in your community
    Well, ya got trouble my friend, right here.

To the depths of degradation!

Now friend, let me tell you what I mean
    You got one, two, three, four, five, six pockets in a table
    Pockets that mark the difference between a gentleman and a bum
    With a capital "B" and that rhymes with "P" and that stands for pool!!!

:D:p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    Has your boy started using words.... words like.... "Swell" ??

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Okay, okay ... I see what's happened here :joy: And just in case anyone is confused by the previous two comments:

https://youtu.be/T4bkE9s_jy8
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I think we will get one eventually. Maybe it's in a future game pack for hobbies or activities. I hope so anyway.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Okay, okay ... I see what's happened here :joy: And just in case anyone is confused by the previous two comments

Yeah! :D<3;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad9XtHUjf64

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,677 Member
    It’s the kids in the knickerbockers fault
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    **shakes fist at the young whippersnappers on twitterverse** :D

This old codger still enjoys playing a game of billiards (usually after a night of competing in our monthly darts tourney).... sipping on a frothy dark ale and exchanging some chit-chat with the local townsfolk.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    edited April 2022
    hmm... by now I require good reason they're late
    like maybe sims can makeout while playing billiards
    maybe they can teach other sims flirtatiously
    maybe 8 ball is magical and may cause deathful accidents...
    maybe they're still trying to get animation of dragons torching the table just right

who knows probably not though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2022

I would guess it's because of multitasking and the socialization system of TS4. Think about it, I can't imagine four Sims will stand still long enough to play an actual game of pool like they did in TS2 or even TS3. I can see where one would hide the pool stick to go hug somebody. Or your Sim stops shooting pool to look at a fixture on the wall. :o:/
    It's probably more pain that it's worth.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,417 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I would guess it's because of multitasking and the socialization system of TS4. Think about it, I can't imagine four Sims will stand still long enough to play an actual game of pool like they did in TS2 or even TS3. I can see where one would hide the pool stick to go hug somebody. Or your Sim stops shooting pool to look at a fixture on the wall. :o:/

Or maybe they don't want to animate realistically the balls moving on the pool table. Heard that they didn't animate properly the chess pieces either, they just move randomly on the chess table.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 643 Member

Like this ^^^ is ALL that I have been asking since sims 4... I need a proper sports bar okay!...well that and more Family activities, but yeah, PLEASE EA can I have a pool table already!

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Or maybe they don't want to animate realistically the balls moving on the pool table. Heard that they didn't animate properly the chess pieces either, they just move randomly on the chess table.

You are correct on the chess table. In TS2 they played an actual game anyone familiar with chess could follow and appreciate. Not in 4 since its release. It's a great multi-sim activity, and one they head right to if it's available. Would be a lot of work to get it right, though.
  • Options
    If they can put the time, effort and resources into a bowling alley, surely they can make a pool table.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member

Four Sims can play at the foosball table without interuption as long as they don't have a pressing need like going to the bathroom
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yea sims can play games just fine. They don't stop to do other things. There is no reason why we can't have one and when we do it will be functional.
    I think they just haven't gotten around to it. Like some one said they do seem to be more focused on current trends and other such things. But I also wonder why we see a lack of new animations, interactions or animated things. I'm curious if it's hard to do, too time consuming, too expensive or something else.
    Because right off the top of my head I could think of so many new things that would be awesome. And great interactions for multiple sims.
    I do think we would get one eventually. I would love to put one in my clubs for the boys🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    If they can put the time, effort and resources into a bowling alley, surely they can make a pool table.

Sure, but if you remember bowling was a very limited animation. Sims couldn't talk to each other, sit down and wait for the other to bowl nor did they build relationships and or fill social and fun at the same time as in older games. All that had to be patched in later, much, much later. It was a very rigid, restricted animation setup.

Considering the times Sims in TS4 break away to go hug someone, and or go over to another table while at dinner with a Sim, and or stop to run off and go talk to a stranger, and or stop and start doing pushups, and or don't 'join' at all but leave the lot (which have all been player complaints even when Sims are playing games together, for the past seven years) I doubt any of us would be happy with the results.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Right now, as it is, I would settle for a pool table that functions like a regular table. We would at least have one for aesthetic purposes, and still be somewhat useful. They could always go back and add animations later. Besides, that way we could eat at the pool table like the Beverly Hillbillies! 😜
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    I don't think it's impossible, but they probably would have to create new table from scratch with completely new animations which might take a lot of time to make, there are a lot of small objects moving around on a pool table.

And that might be difficult to do with the limited amount of packs that they are releasing, I'm not sure how many packs that they are planning to release every year from now on.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I don't think it's impossible, but they probably would have to create new table from scratch with completely new animations which might take a lot of time to make, there are a lot of small objects moving around on a pool table.

And that might be difficult to do with the limited amount of packs that they are releasing, I'm not sure how many packs that they are planning to release every year from now on.

Well the foosball table do demand a lot of animations and the Sims can play that forever, what I heard EA is still looking to fill a lot of positions and have a hard time filling them, so maybe it is a staffing problem.
  • Options
    Everyone keeps mentioning the foosball table. The Sims don't have to move around to take a shot. And has anyone actually watched if the Sims are playing an actual game of foosball with enough animation that you can figure out the score? I doubt it. Pool would require a very intricate game and animations rather than just a pretend game, it won't work for immersion if they don't get that right.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    If there is to be a pool table like that from TS3, i'd like to see the autonomy priority not be on the same level of annoyance as the basketball court and ping pong. when you do something at home and there is more than one sim in the household the first priority after the instruction is given is to play ping pong, or if your sim cooks something and takes a while, then they go off to the basketball court because that's their highest priority.
  • Options
    chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    They had pool tables in the sims 2 and 3 and many of the other sims console games like busting out for example. So yes, doable. I don't know why they haven't included one yet in the Sims 4, considering they have added table tennis and foosball. Probably just saving for a future stuff pack.