Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installing TS3 without using Origin

Hey guys how can I install The Sims 3 without going through Origin? I would like to play it without having to use origin. is there a way to install The Sims 3 and all of my stuff and expansion packs without using origin even though I have origin installed to plat The Sims 4 with? Thanks, guys for all the replies to help me. Happy Simmin :)

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    If you have the discs, then yes you can install them and and use the SuperPatch to get to 1.67 and never have to use Origin.
    If you have the game through Steam then you don't need to use Origin.

But, if you have the game bought through Origin then unfortunately you will have to use Origin to play the game.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    To expand on that a bit, if you have the base game or any one of your EP/SPs from Origin only, then the game must be Origin managed. Doing a 1.67 disc install with no Origin involvement requires that ALL parts of the game to be played are on disc. Similarly, a Steam/1.67 install requires that ALL parts of the game to be played are on Steam.

One must also say "No" to the EA Download Manager (EADM) along the way during an all disc install as that was Origin's predecessor and it will do everything it can to "update" itself to Origin if part of the installation.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    migitpoo73migitpoo73 Posts: 218 Member
    Astro thanks and I do have all the dics. How do I get the super patch to get 1.67? Happy Simmin :)
  • Options
    Astro I found the super patch but again thank you for helping me ;) Happy Simmin
  • Options
    Thanks, Igazor but I can't find the super patch to get to 1.67. Is there a link to the super patch that actually works? I haven't been able to find one that works. :(
  • Options
    Super Patcher download (this works for me, are you having trouble with it?):
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-super-patcher
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Igazor I think I was on something different but I am going to the link you sent me thank you.
  • Options
    Igazor, I went to the link you gave me and hit (jump to pc) not Mac scrolled down to (Download the super-patch for pc here) clicked on that but it isn't trying to install to my pc. Am I doing something wrong? The reason I am trying to play The Sim 3 without using Origin is every time I go to play The Sims 3 through Origin there isn't any of my expansion or stuff packs that I have installed, only the base game. I log out of origin and get back in and still nothing but the base game appears. Origin is up to date. I don't know why this is happening. That's why I am trying to bypass origin altogether to play The Sims 3. Sorry for this being so long but I am just tired of this always happening. Again thank you for helping. Happy Simmin. :)
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    One more thing to know. If you have the game on disc, the base game disc must be a pre-2012 version, otherwise you will end up with Origin.
  • Options
    MW1525, thank you but I don't remember if it is or not. I don't know if I could find out either. Thanks again :)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    mw1525 wrote: »
    One more thing to know. If you have the game on disc, the base game disc must be a pre-2012 version, otherwise you will end up with Origin.
    That's true, sorry I forgot to mention that. The later versions will have Origin logos on the disc box somewhere and will bring you to an Origin install with no questions being asked or options given.

So where are you, @migitpoo73, with this new install? If you are successfully installing EPs and can launch the game without Origin involvement, then which patch level have you been brought to? The final EP, for example, was ITF and it will automatically bring you to 1.62 or 1.63 if Origin is not in the picture.

The SuperPatcher is a huge download. It is an executable file that needs to be run (double-clicked) after it is downloaded. But not on an Origin/1.69 install because if allowed to, that would break it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Igazor, I am at version 1.62 with the Base game, World Adventures, Supernatural, Seasons, 70's '80s & '90s Stuff Pk, and Into The Future installed. The only Discs that have the Origin Logo on them are Island Paradise, University Life, Seasons, 70's 80's & 90's Stuff Pk, and Into The Future. I didn't know at the time of installing the discs that Seasons, 70's 80's & 90's Stuff Pk, and Into The Future had the Origin Logo on them. Will I still be able to use the super-patch once I find it and can download it? I played the game some and I didn't have to use Origin at all. Thank you for still taking the time to help me with is.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    If you are on 1.62 then your are fine and should be able to continue avoiding Origin and use the SuperPatch to get to 1.67. It doesn't matter what logos the EP boxes have on them, it's only the vintage of the base game that counts.

If you still cannot download the SuperPatcher from the EA source given above, have you perhaps tried a different browser? Firefox starts downloading it for me right away.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I found this link for superpatch downloads on modthesims:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching/Patch_Download_OSX

Under the retail version 1.67.02 (the first green box option on the page)... the second tier offers "SuperPatcher" while the first tier offers incremental options. Columns are headed at the very top, so if you bought in America, you'd download from the first column.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Sorry @ciane, but that page has nothing but patch downloads for the 32-bit Mac version of the game. Note that every section says "for OS X." The corresponding Windows page is here.

But the links from there to the SuperPatcher just lead back to EA's servers; it's the same file download as above in the end.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Igazor I am playing the game now. I also installed Fast Lane Stuff Pk and Master Suite Stuff pk with no problems so I am still installing lol. I am still at version 1.62 until I get the super-patch right? Thanks for still being here helping me. We have such a wondeful community of players.
  • Options
    Igazor I am downloading the super-patch for version1.67 finally. I hope it works. I'll let you know how it goes. thanks again for helping me get through this.
  • Options
    Igazor I am now at version 1.67 I have the super-patch installed. Thank you again for helping me through this. Thanks my fellow simmer. <3
  • Options
    Ciane, Mw1525, and Igazor thank you all for helping me with my game. I love our awesome Sims community. Happy Simmin you guys ;):)<3
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited February 2022
    @migitpoo73 - You are very welcome :) !
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I'd suggest backing up the super patcher exe somewhere, ive had to reinstall Sims 3 many times due to computer upgrades and transfers and ive gone so far as to get a USB DVD drive just to install my tower of Sims 3 boxes, just to avoid Origin. Having the patch on hand on my external storage drive has been a lifesaver
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    Devalaous wrote: »
    I'd suggest backing up the super patcher exe somewhere, ive had to reinstall Sims 3 many times due to computer upgrades and transfers and ive gone so far as to get a USB DVD drive just to install my tower of Sims 3 boxes, just to avoid Origin. Having the patch on hand on my external storage drive has been a lifesaver
    The things we do for this game, lol.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Astro wrote: »

But it's so worth it.

It'll be great once I can replace this "potato" that I'm playing on right now (Asus Vivobook), but for right now, at least it's something.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member

its totally necessary though, the launcher uses like 4 gbs of RAM, loads forever, and frequently needs to be flushed via Internet Explorer of all things. You lose the ability to bypass the launcher when its Origin-laden, and you also lose the ability to play offline. Ive also invested in SSDs and a monster of a CPU just to get the game to run faster. Sims 3 is a very very flawed gem held together with duct tape and nraas mods.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options

its totally necessary though, the launcher uses like 4 gbs of RAM, loads forever, and frequently needs to be flushed via Internet Explorer of all things. You lose the ability to bypass the launcher when its Origin-laden, and you also lose the ability to play offline. Ive also invested in SSDs and a monster of a CPU just to get the game to run faster. Sims 3 is a very very flawed gem held together with duct tape and nraas mods.

Oh, I completely agree. I actually went as far as re-buying the game (and all EP's/Sp's) on Steam just so I didn't have to deal with Origin or the Launcher anymore, and it was completely worth it.