Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/H8IwOPS_kRg?si=sm7a3UUw4_Rongap
    I had to search for one of my old posts to find where this thread was placed.
    Anyway, new update.

Same here. The Paralives and Life by You threads seem to have been buried. Anyway, the gardening looks cool and I love that there will be annual and perennials in the game, but the crafting system needs some work with those sprinklers. The ingredients don't make much sense.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited February 16
    https://youtu.be/H8IwOPS_kRg?si=sm7a3UUw4_Rongap
    I had to search for one of my old posts to find where this thread was placed.
    Anyway, new update.

Same here. The Paralives and Life by You threads seem to have been buried. Anyway, the gardening looks cool and I love that there will be annual and perennials in the game, but the crafting system needs some work with those sprinklers. The ingredients don't make much sense.

Not buried, they have been moved to the Nominated Threads forum from the Project Rene forum.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Anyway, new update.

Same. Ah well, it was bound to happen eventually. And to those of you who wanted to see social gameplay, they responded to a comment on you-tube suggesting they were working on one. Though I don't understand your protests as I am constantly gardening, collecting, and crafting in my sims game. I'm rather an antisocial player and the social aspects of the game are what bore me the most... But each his own...

I hope they go after a lot of comments suggesting to add indoor garden pots and planters among the craft-able items. Building a greenhouse is going to be so much fun.
  • Options
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    Anyway, new update.

Same. Ah well, it was bound to happen eventually. And to those of you who wanted to see social gameplay, they responded to a comment on you-tube suggesting they were working on one. Though I don't understand your protests as I am constantly gardening, collecting, and crafting in my sims game. I'm rather an antisocial player and the social aspects of the game are what bore me the most... But each his own...

I hope they go after a lot of comments suggesting to add indoor garden pots and planters among the craft-able items. Building a greenhouse is going to be so much fun.

They haven't been buried in the Project Rene forum. As part of the migration to the new forum, both threads have been moved to a new section, Nominated Threads:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/nominated-threads
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Anyway, new update.

They haven't been buried in the Project Rene forum. As part of the migration to the new forum, both threads have been moved to a new section, Nominated Threads:

Moved, to a section most don't know where to look for it. In a smaller subsection of a different category altogether. Totally not intentional *wink.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited February 17
    Moved, to a section most don't know where to look for it. In a smaller subsection of a different category altogether. Totally not intentional *wink.

This is moved to same section where everything else nominated, not so small..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Would it be correct to call LBY a double-A (AA) game as opposed to a AAA game like the Sims?
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Anyway, new update.

The thread was nominated and than moved.It has nothing to do with hiding it.
  • Options
    edited February 19
  • Options
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited February 26
    Ok after watching that video, I can already tell that conversation system is not working for me.

In the beginning I did like the idea of real conversations.

But after I've seen it in action in a screenshot (the one on the beach where the guys look like they're about to throw down and someone building a sandcastle right next to them was totally oblivious to what was happening near by) and then this latest video ..... there's definitely some issues with it and it seems extremely random.

It's probably not going to be my jam, at least not right now.

What I liked about it originally was thinking characters would autonomously have interesting conversations with each other that I could just observe without needing to take control of it.

I'm not sure that will happen, at this point in time.

I definitely did not like the "What's up" every time they started a convo or the gotta run thing when they are living together, that just seemed like it would feel like they are strangers all the time.

I've made about 100 bubble icons to import into the game when it's released in Early Access and will just continue to work on them so the convos are a little less odd in my game until the conversation system is more fleshed out.

We've had 24 years of using our imagination with The Sims icon speech bubbles, I can come up with all kinds of stories with them.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    It seems like it works well, but it... doesn't look fun?

• Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Do they have slurs in the game by default? That concerns me. I don't care that it's normal for ageist bigots to use the word Boomer. That doesn't make it okay. My first job in the US I was called the n word. It was normal in that context. Unlike this situation, the person didn't even mean it as an insult, but I still wouldn't want it in a video game that isn't supposed to show mature content.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Eleri wrote: »
    Do they have slurs in the game by default? That concerns me. I don't care that it's normal for ageist bigots to use the word Boomer. That doesn't make it okay. My first job in the US I was called the n word. It was normal in that context. Unlike this situation, the person didn't even mean it as an insult, but I still wouldn't want it in a video game that isn't supposed to show mature content.

Being called a boomer is a far cry from being called the n word. This is reaching. Also if you don't want mature content then you probably don't want to play the game since it has nudity and calls woohoo by it's real life name.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited February 27
    Being called a boomer is a far cry from being called the n word.
    Only in the sense that ageism is more broadly normalized and accepted than racism. Again, that does not actually make it okay. If it's used to denigrate someone for belonging to a demographic group or groups, then its a slur.

Fair point about this being a game for mature audiences, I forgot that this has a different target age than Sims/Paralives/InZoi.
    Post edited by Eleri on
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Eleri wrote: »

Being called a boomer is a far cry from being called the n word. This is reaching. Also if you don't want mature content then you probably don't want to play the game since it has nudity and calls woohoo by it's real life name.

If a person dosent want cursing that's okay.
  • Options
  • Options
    Join GM Rod as he walks us through the phone apps in Life by You! From playing Paradox Pop 🫧 to playing your very own music 🎶, your trusty phone has you covered 📱

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1FqND2Bfqg

The lighting looks brighter
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    The character visuals are looking much better. I actually won't be embarrassed or ashamed to show off pics of the game that have characters in them now!
    g6IXplH.png

• Options
    The character visuals are looking much better. I actually won't be embarrassed or ashamed to show off pics of the game that have characters in them now!
    g6IXplH.png

They look decent now and not an early psfive game.
  • Options

They look decent now and not an early psfive game.

I agree. The shoulders look like they have been fixed, eyes no longer look flat, and the hair line on Tatiania looks good on her fade. Maybe it will actually release in EA in June.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 30
    Sept. 2023 > March 2024 > June ??? According to Paradox, it can be postponed again.

The "Ready in 3-6 months" looks like an illusion to make the players accept to wait for 2 years .

In 2024, The Sims 4 could be the only Life Simulation available.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 30
    Would it be correct to call LBY a double-A (AA) game as opposed to a AAA game like the Sims?

Paradox annual revenue : $248 million

Life By You team seems to be too small for AAA.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Sept. 2023 > March 2024 > June ??? According to Paradox, it can be postponed again.

The "Ready in 3-6 months" looks like an illusion to make the players accept to wait for 2 years .

Inzoi is releasing this year
  • Options
    edited March 30

Inzoi is releasing this year

And Vivaland

And Genzin

And maybe little sims world ^^

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top