March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 411 RECAP - Inside Maxis - 1/18/2022

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,219 EA Community Manager
edited June 2022 in Sims 411
Hot Topics

A Status Update on Customizable Pronouns Coming to The Sims 4

Our team at The Sims™ believes that gender neutrality plays a very important role in building a fully inclusive society. This is why we’ve continued to evolve The Sims 4, working to make the game more diverse, inclusive and representative of our global community, step by step, day by day, patch by patch.

Back in May 2021, we announced our pursuit of customizable pronouns in The Sims 4, with the goal of presenting a first look of our research and efforts with a fireside chat in January 2022. On Tuesday, January 18, we did just that.

Key members of The Sims dev team, as well as Rae Sweet of our partner in this project It Gets Better, a nonprofit organization empowering and connecting the LGBTQ+ community, delivered a first look at the game’s latest intention in becoming more inclusive.

Our team is developing a feature that will allow players to customize the pronouns of their Sims in CAS, allowing for even more freedom of expression.

While pronouns are a very important piece when it comes to greater inclusivity for The Sims 4, we understand that customizable pronouns will not make the game 100-percent gender neutral. Making The Sims 4 more inclusive of gender neutrality is an ongoing learning and development process for us and we will continue to update this feature over time.

What we’re working on right now and what players will eventually see in the game is the first iteration of this feature and we hope it will make your game feel yet more welcoming and kind.

One important aspect of our research is considering how pronouns will exist in the 18 languages of The Sims 4. There’s no one solution for all, but we’ll be mindful of the grammatical rules of each of those languages. The first iteration of this feature, however, will focus on English. But rest assured, other languages will be added and supported as we continue to update and improve over time.

We know this feature is dear to many of you (and so it is to us!) who cannot wait to customize the pronouns of their Sims. Please know, the work is in progress. And our research and design will continue until we feel the feature is in a good place to be launched into the game.

That said, there’s still a path ahead of us and we will make sure to check in with you again on the way and keep you updated.

Sneak Peek

It’s Sims Delivery time! SDX, or Sims Delivery Express, will continue to bring free content to your base game as a complementary, more spontaneous little sibling of our regular game updates.

Check out the upcoming deliveries below.

Power Couple Scenario

In this SDX scenario you’ll be playing as a married couple working in business. You’ll have a friendly bet to see who can rise in the ranks to CEO first! We’re looking forward to seeing all the wonderful stories of your Sims that you create in this race to the top of the corporate world.

gxtps6ldqrpb.jpg

You Make The Sims with Complex Sims

We’re honored to partner with the amazing Complex Sims, a master in creating custom content for The Sims 4. See for yourself in this upcoming SDX drop coming to the base game delivered by your favorite freezer bunny. Complex Sims designed three CAS items launching on February 2nd, 2022 including the gorgeous robe with wonderful color swatches below. You’re wondering what the other two items are? Check out what we have in store for you on February 2nd. Let us know how you like them! 😉

d8kamfel6f9q.jpg

Ponytail and foood!

It’s braided ponytail Friday! Except, your Sim is free to choose any other day of the week for this beautiful hair that is coming to the base game in an upcoming SDX drop.

As we’ve said back in November of last year, we’re committed to ensuring access to a full catalogue of character elements that will offer more representation for our player community. We are continuing to research and select a small number of hair styles from previously released packs which will be added to the base game over time for the benefit of all Simmers.

On another note, make sure your Sims are hungry as we’ve got some more food that is coming up fresh out of the kitchen! Soon, we’ll be delivering these delicious dishes from East Asian cuisine to the base game. In this SDX update, your Sims will be able to cook Sticky Rice Cake, Steamed Fish, Teok-guk, Galbijim, Japchae, and Minced Pork Noodles as your Sims increase their cooking skill in the base game. Good luck to all you aspiring Sim chefs out there!

2zj7b1picxnk.png
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,793 Member
    I'm really excited about the food!
    Wouldn't it be great if we could age up with the tteokguk?

I'm wondering about that hair... last time I used it, part of the back of the scalp went bald at certain camera distances. (One of the DU dresses goes invisible at certain distances too.) I wonder if they will fix it or have fixed it before adding it to basegame?

gen3-banner.png
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The food does look really amazing! :love:
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Regarding pronouns, to restate my comment from another thread: As a non-binary trans person I'm glad that the devs appear to be treating this subject with the attention and sensitivity that it deserves. It might take quite awhile for them to implement the change, especially in languages other than English, but I'm cautiously optimistic based on what they shared in the video this week.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    The scenario sounds fun
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Always up for more food 😋 I'm hungry just thinking about it lol
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    That men's robe is everything~ <3

I liked we got a new one in Country Living, since men's pajamas are definitely lacking. A nice looking, silk robe in nice colors? Yessss, looks comfortable and attractive. (Gonna need a few tacky swatches of leopard, tiger and zebra print.

Nice they're added the braided pony to base. Plus the new ones and taking a few afro-texture hairstyles from some packs really helped in expanding the variety of choices for that hair type.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Wow!!! The food is looks so delicious!!!! I'm also excited for the customized pronouns!!!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I haven't seen enough people talking about the that robe and yummy food 😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2022
    Does this mean we get items that can be worn on the back (like wedding dress trains) or hair accessories (like veils, flowers, bows (with customizable colors without changing the hair color) or tiaras)?
    Not to even mention things like backpacks for hiking in the jungles or campgrounds, or vampire capes. If they didn't include these, they should have. Also, what about handheld accessories (like a dozen roses, a sketch pad, or a handbag)?

Also I would love to see more lingerie options (right now there are only 2 options for women and 1 for men), and more slipper options, plus more hairstyles.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Conlon94Conlon94 Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2022
    I would like what I had already mentioned and discussed in these discussions that I had started Discussions
    Bookmark
    Content for Elder https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/999212/content-for-elder#latest
    45 views 3 comments Most recent by Briana2425 April 23The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
    Bookmark
    Thoughts on possible Sims 5 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/999120/thoughts-on-possible-sims-5#latest
    35 views 0 comments Started by Conlon94 April 17 The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
    Bookmark
    Things that could be included for Sims 4 and 5 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998763/things-that-could-be-included-for-sims-4-and-5#latest
    97 views 15 comments Most recent by Conlon94 April 13The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
    Bookmark
    Flag Quote · Insightful Like Awesome
    Conlon94
    Conlon94
    9:19PM
    I apologize I simply missed the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th 12...2324 Closed so I wanted to still get my thoughts in.
  • Conlon94Conlon94 Posts: 83 Member
    I apologize I simply missed the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th 12...2324 Closed so I wanted to still get my thoughts in.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top