Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2022 Sims 4 Roadmap

Comments

• Options
    wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    This may just be a coincidence but the sims account just shared a players masquerade look on their Instagram story

master-the-merrygo-round.png

I really love the mask!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @LatinaBunny Thank you! :smile: Lets hope for all three, an attraction system, a new destination world and wedding dances. I would love to have a bride and groom slow dance or funny bridesmaid group dance. Or a bouquet the bride can throw.

@mightysprite haha thank you! I sometimes live vicariously through my Sims, and sometimes they have to live vicariously through me :lol: .

@comicsforlife Thank you so much! I hope you are looking forward to it too. :smile:

@Bluegayle Thank you! :smile: I've adapted okay to being couped over the past couple of years, but it's probably not so healthy. Once I'm recovered I'm going to make an effort to go out for walks more often. I've worked from home before and it was always so hard with so many distractions and I felt a bit like having cabin fever lol. Crazy how so much of the world is working from home now.

I am.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

Thanks, now I get it.

So basically, because a prude attorney got upset that some people could find a way around the mosaic/pixel screen to look at what are basically ken and barbie dolls on a computer screen, he decided to throw a fit about it? Man, that is sad, his irl whoo-hoo life must be so riveting. Like imagine getting upset over pixels on a screen, I can only wonder what seeing real-life bits and baubles must do to his poor, sensitive eyes.
    I seriously can't believe this was/is an issue to some people.

Sorry, I think my brain melted and my last good brain cell has left the room. :neutral:

It doesn’t look like this poor chap has any kids of his own - unless he’s keeping them a secret - nor does it appear that he’s ever visited a household with kids who play with Barbie dolls…
    I’ve seen ‘em pile high in corners of rooms ( the Barbie dolls) stark naked, decapitated, their hair all over the shop with their pretty little faces covered in marker. I wonder why parents never insist on getting them dressed before their guests arrive…

“QUICK deary put her head back on and give her a dress! Don’t frighten your uncle.”

Anyway, did Jacky boy ever write letters to his political buddies concerning Mattel? A child can do whatever they want with fashion dolls, but I’d say only a low percentage of kids who ever played with them turned into perverts and psychopaths.
    Same with Sims. Very few folks would kidnap a bunch of people, lock them into a basement and let them starve to death. It’s terrifying when it happens of course, but I’d say it’s relatively rare and very unfortunate.

In my humble opinion blaming video games or social media for cultivating sociopaths is looking at stuff a bit 🍑- ways,. These folks have always been part of the many broken social systems we’ve had throughout history.
    I mean did Jack the Ripper play video games?? Was he on Facebook??

My Goodness this is getting way too serious.
    Back to the topic @ hand: I’ve been trying to think about what those surprises could be, but I haven’t got a clue. 😅

body hair might be one @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    This may just be a coincidence but the sims account just shared a players masquerade look on their Instagram story

I really love the mask!

That's one of the Secret Society masks from DU, I believe.
  • Options
    What I would like to see is a Unrequited Love mechanic of some sort, so romantic relationships can be unbalanced.

yes that would cool
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I've stopped upgrading my game, but the Romance gp might force me to reconsider. Especially if it comes with a French world. I don't focus a lot on romances and weddings, or - when I do I have it all set and done in my head and just fill in for the ceremony and pictures etc.

I think there to be attraction system with this pack, excited to learn how it will work. This far I have not benefited much from giving most my sims likes/dislikes, but I guess that feature might play a big role in the attraction system. Guess it's too much to hope for Hotel facilities in the romantic pack, but maybe they could add just a minimum.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m concerned that they might pull another DHD. I can see them making a wedding planner career the focus of the pack and the main ‚gameplay‘ feature a click on the build/buy button and decorating wedding venues.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I just hope it isn't just weddings. I want more stuff for weddings don't get me wrong, but I don't want a romance pack to be just about weddings. I wish for couples dancing to make a come back, not just slow dancing, but them being able to dance together like they used to in the other games. I want cuddling in bed back, I want a lot of things back, maybe an attraction system. Yeah, probably to much to fit in a game pack, but I can hope for some of it.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I‘m concerned that they might pull another DHD. I can see them making a wedding planner career the focus of the pack and the main ‚gameplay‘ feature a click on the build/buy button and decorating wedding venues.

I also had that thought. Much easier for them to do that rather than adding all of the romantic animations and sim-to-sim interactions. And we already know that EA likes to take the easiest route when "giving us what we asked for" but not really giving us what we've been asking/begging for.

As much as I would love more romantic interactions (especially the ability to choose who/what my sim is attracted to, autonomous asking to be boyfriend/girlfriend/marrying, choosing if my sim is a "player" and loves everyone or is 100% committed and won't become some flirty ho-ho-ho with every sim they encounter).

But, like with all pack announcements, my expectation level is

W
    A
    Y
    Y
    Y

D
    O
    W
    N

H
    E
    R
    E

So no disappointment will be happening for me. Much better than getting all psyched up and excited only to learn what the devs thought we wanted, is no where close to what I was wanting.
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited January 2022
    My Wishlist for a Romance / Wedding pack
    Toddler "Kiss" Interaction with other toddlers
    Kid's "First Crush"
    Teen Prom
    Bachelor/ette parties
    Honeymoons
    New vacation world (Las Vegas themed?)
    Party Planner live career
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member

How do you layer tights?

Fingers crossed for masquerade event
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

I hope the bottom picture means that we can layer clothes soon.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I hope the bottom picture means that we can layer clothes soon.

You can layer the socks category with the leggings category, which is what I believe they did here. Possibly thigh high red socks with white tights or vise versa?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2022
    doggers123 wrote: »

How do you layer tights?

Joke on you, remember that they (not) once reuse home and reuse design plant on kit? No, just sams design with differrent colour and differrent layer
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited January 2022
    doggers123 wrote: »

How do you layer tights?

Fingers crossed for masquerade event
    They used the very vibrant leggings from Get to Work and semi-transparent 'socks' from the base game.

Socks always go over leggings in the game so if you got somewhat transparent ones it could work.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I'm always throwing parties and celebrating in my game. So, I'm totally interested in finding out more about the new Game Pack.
    Party.jpg

Considering the next upcoming kits do not appear to add any gameplay--😒, nothing to be excited about.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2022
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Greyling wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    I really hope chemistry and attraction is part of that love pack.
    And if it does, I really hope it comes with an off-switch in settings. I’m sorry, I know quite a few people want something like this, and although I love when unexpected things happen in my games, in the majority of my saves I want to be the one who decides who my sims fall for, and I especially don’t want the game to potentially ruin some of my most favourite sim-relationships.

As I remember it in Sims 2, you could go in and manually set the attractions, or allow them to be random. When that was implemented in Sims 2 I simply went through and changed my pre-established couples' attractions so that they would have great chemistry. You could always just set it as you like it. I'm sure they wouldn't implement it to be unchangeable.
    That’s a relief to hear. I hope you’re right. Thanks :)

What I would like to see is a Unrequited Love mechanic of some sort, so romantic relationships can be unbalanced.
    Or if we could have our sims attend the wedding of someone else and then have the option to object to the union. That might be useful or fun once in a while as well.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

That sounds ok I guess, though I don't think a lovers garden and moonlit cafe sound very exciting locations for dates.

Matchmaking skills... maybe. Bachelor/ette parties? They were ok in TS3 I guess, but a little boring after having done a couple.

Where's the EP? A love game pack and a couple of kits does not enthrall me too much at the moment but I guess they might be exciting once more details come. But... TWO vibrant kits with fierce design... does that mean we are getting two kits on the same theme? Meh. Maybe an African safari style build buy set (fierce lions etc) with a CAS kit to go with it.

A lovers garden can be very romantic depending on how many florals there are especially if there are lots of red roses
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I'm always throwing parties and celebrating in my game. So, I'm totally interested in finding out more about the new Game Pack.
    Party.jpg

Considering the next upcoming kits do not appear to add any gameplay--😒, nothing to be excited about.

Hopefully Tuesday Maxis drops a trailer then I put up my Official Countdown Thread
  • Options
    What I'm hoping for
    A Romantic GP

What it will probably be
    A Wedding Planner Career
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022

That sounds ok I guess, though I don't think a lovers garden and moonlit cafe sound very exciting locations for dates.

Matchmaking skills... maybe. Bachelor/ette parties? They were ok in TS3 I guess, but a little boring after having done a couple.

Where's the EP? A love game pack and a couple of kits does not enthrall me too much at the moment but I guess they might be exciting once more details come. But... TWO vibrant kits with fierce design... does that mean we are getting two kits on the same theme? Meh. Maybe an African safari style build buy set (fierce lions etc) with a CAS kit to go with it.

A lovers garden can be very romantic depending on how many florals there are especially if there are lots of red roses

We already have a stuff pack, the Romantic Garden, (and a plant kit), for the pretty romantic garden decor stuff, but if they add a romantic lot with some kind of system, special lot type or mechanic, then I would think maybe it would be a tiny bit more substantial than a Stuff Pack…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    What I'm hoping for
    A Romantic GP

What it will probably be
    A Wedding Planner Career

Sadly true :(
    It's not looking too positive, after how empty Dream Home Decorator was. And this team is just determined to put as little content into these packs as possible while charging the most money.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I wouldn't be so negative. There also have been really good Gamepacks. We'll see Soon enough into which category that love themed Gamepack will fall.
    Also, while I didn't like DHD, there are actually players who consider it their favorite Gamepack. So everyone will just have to judge by themselves whether they like it enough to buy it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Party.jpg

Hopefully Tuesday Maxis drops a trailer then I put up my Official Countdown Thread

I'll be there. @catloverplayer