Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2022 Sims 4 Roadmap

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Carnivals/parades definitely have some of the same elements of Pride. Fabulous flamboyance, dancing in the streets, colourful clothes, party atmosphere etc.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    If it's true, they should better change the name of the kit into brazilian carnival streetware kit or so. It's not the same like european traditional carnival, where people wear costumes. If I read carnival I have already a picture of a Funkenmariechen in my mind, or satirical parade trucks. People would freeze to death with wearing such hot weather outfit outside during the wintertime with degrees below 0°C.
    They went the lazy route with the ‘streetwear’ addition. It can mean anything. If I didn‘t already know the name I would guess it‘s a crossdressing kit or some Pride goodies.

Yeah I would've preferred a kit with actual Carnaval costumes. Crazy I know but I would've definitely gotten more use out of them!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited January 2022
    Goosey wrote: »
    All this bits and pieces of trash are really insulting. Who is buying this garbage?

Well…you know…one person’s garbage is another person’s treasure. Glad we don’t all have the same brainchips installed. What a boring world that would be. Be. Beep. Beep. 🤖
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    It's good that kits divide us so cleanly between 'going to buy it' and 'not going to buy it'. They're not all for everyone.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'm not a fan of most of the kits that are just CAS items either, but I gotta also say that I've been playing the Sims games since the original and 4 is the first one in the franchise where I actually think Maxis is doing a nice job with the styles of clothing.
    I may not personally like all of the styles, and thus not buy the Kit, but I think it's wrong to say the quality of their work is lacking. It's really solid, just mho.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    It's good that kits divide us so cleanly between 'going to buy it' and 'not going to buy it'. They're not all for everyone.

Exactly. I thought that would be the point of the kits in the first place, adding a bit odd stuff that will please lots of simmers, but not necessarily all. I don't feel like I need lots of more CAS content for the way I play my game, but I'm fine with skipping kids (as long as they are liked by others, otherwise it would be wasted releases)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    If it's true, they should better change the name of the kit into brazilian carnival streetware kit or so. It's not the same like european traditional carnival, where people wear costumes. If I read carnival I have already a picture of a Funkenmariechen in my mind, or satirical parade trucks. People would freeze to death with wearing such hot weather outfit outside during the wintertime with degrees below 0°C.
    They went the lazy route with the ‘streetwear’ addition. It can mean anything. If I didn‘t already know the name I would guess it‘s a crossdressing kit or some Pride goodies.

I guess you are right. I just saw the picture and had the association with the brazilian carnival (the Sim right wear a green/blue outfit, which are their flags primary colors, also the dancing sims in the background which screams after the sambadrom (I've watch a lot of documentations about it). A kit with actual carnival costumes from all over the world, I would definitely spent my money on that, although I'm still not a fan of kits. But just streetware? Sigh I don’t think so, I have enough options for sexy outfits.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member

This was exactly my thought. My first thought when I read carnival was definitely not Brazil. I was more thinking about the costumes of people elected to be prins or princess carnival.
    collection-prinsessen-2-58205b7abad19.jpg
    Brazilian carnival would have been a name with more clarity. Same goes for the modern menswear kit, that should have been called high fashion mens wear or something along those lines.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    Looks like the GP is coming first.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

"Extra to the max" Sounds like another kit of our there clothes.. Woopee. 3rd kit in a row giving our circus-escapee townies more to wear
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    "Extra to the max" Sounds like another kit of our there clothes.. Woopee. 3rd kit in a row giving our circus-escapee townies more to wear

Only if you buy it. 🙂
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member

A GP that is devoted to wedding?? There must be something else in that 500-800MB content.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member

A GP that is devoted to wedding?? There must be something else in that 500-800MB content.

*Slowly dies inside*.
    #Team Occult
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Can't wait to see everyone's wedding pictures. I just realized I have no couples ready for marriage in my game. 😂
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Just hoping for a romance update.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2022
    logion wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I just hope the Game Pack isn't a "Wedding Planner" Pack. That's not enough for a whole Game Pack.

That would break my heart :bawling:
    and afterwards they'd have to lock me up in mental asylum or something probably

so lets hope its actual romance pack cause i swear if this is another "career and random stuff" I'm done. and the sims will feel my wrath

I didn't wait all these years to be a party planner

in fact if i had to plan party while in my deranged state i might just make it very deathful

red weddings for all i guess

I'm hoping that the "party for love" text are the marketing people just trying to be clever with the celebration theme for the season and it will not just be a wedding planner pack.

eh...hrm...yeah...about that...
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022

Ooh, so it is a wedding pack! 😲 I still hope there is a base game attraction system to go with it, though.

I would totally love a wedding pack, but I wonder what the gameplay element would be (to justify the pack having the game pack label instead of a stuff pack label). 🤔

Wedding planner gameplay is the only thing I think of, at the moment, unless they bring out a honeymoon destination.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I hope it's not JUST a single career GP like Dream Home Decorator, we'll wait and see I guess.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I don't understand why so many people are so down on a wedding planner career? It might actually be a fun career to play out? And this is coming from someone who has never ever done a wedding in the sims. Like seriously, never.

I always create ready-made families. I've never played a single sim who dates, romances, and then gets married. My sims are either already hooked up as a couple or small family, or they're a single sim who wants to stay that way.

Yeah I know... I'm the only simmer on the planet who doesn't do the lovey dovey romance/dating/wedding thing. :D

But I could totally see myself playing the role of a wedding planner... picking out flower arrangements, colour themes, decorating a wedding venue, hiring a DJ, choosing the music type, dealing with a demanding 'bridezilla'. Might be fun, no?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I don't understand why so many people are so down on a wedding planner career? It might actually be a fun career to play out? And this is coming from someone who has never ever done a wedding in the sims. Like seriously, never.

I always create ready-made families. I've never played a single sim who dates, romances, and then gets married. My sims are either already hooked up as a couple or small family, or they're a single sim who wants to stay that way.

Yeah I know... I'm the only simmer on the planet who doesn't do the lovey dovey romance/dating/wedding thing. :D

But I could totally see myself playing the role of a wedding planner... picking out flower arrangements, colour themes, decorating a wedding venue, hiring a DJ, choosing the music type, dealing with a demanding 'bridezilla'. Might be fun, no?

I'm not huge on Romance either. I've thrown a couple of weddings, but every time I'm reminded that they're generally more of a hassle than they're worth.

As for playing a Wedding Planner... Others might find it fun, but it's not for me. I don't do the Home Decorator career much either.

That said, it's not clear yet what the pack will be other than having Weddings as a Major Thing. As for what that means...better weddings? Better wedding parties? More Wedding outfits? Better Romance and Pre/post wedding interactions? (Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, Wedding Showers, Book a vacation specifically as a honeymoon?) More Rococo themed build/buy? And a wedding themed pack certainly doesn't preclude an attraction system.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2022

Maybe, I ended up liking Dream Home Decorator more than I thought. So maybe Maxis will surprise us.

But their recent wave of kits haven't really given me much hope that they will actually improve romance in the sims4, which is what I think many people were hoping for.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022

I would love a wedding planner career, too, but, I think many folks are worried about the career being half-baked, or being the only gameplay aspect, when many of us are also hoping for more romance gameplay improvements.

I think it doesn’t help when this is the only pack this quarter, and the other two items are just kits. For other folks who don’t like Sims weddings or don’t usually do the whole big wedding stuff, that means they would have to wait even more for any new pack content…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member

It's really not my thing. My Sims hardly ever marry because I just don't care about weddings, I don't think they're necessary (in real life as well. I know, that's probably weird, lol.) I'm more about the journey of trying (and sometimes failing) to find the "right" partner. I didn't get the Decorator pack because I can already decorate enough as a player so that pack felt redundant to me. I'm not really into playing out jobs either unless they're weird or exciting. I guess I'm just not a "dollhouse" player, I want more adventure and Occults and mystery and fantasy and drama. Deeper romance and chemistry/attraction would spice up "regular" Sims for me and add a challenge of being rejected by a crush or risk unpredictable attractions that could complicate relationships or just add some randomness with blind dating. I want my Sims to have some agency beyond the same ol' object attraction in their environments and empty conversations with every Sim in the vicinity. I don't want to have to make all of their romantic choices, that's just too much predictability and it's boring for me. I'd love to have the old feature from Sims 2 where a Sim could "Scan Room" and the ones who fit their attraction preferences would light up and the game would suggest (but still leave it up to you) who is the most compatible. And I miss the Matchmaker. Weddings, for me, are just superficial gameplay that would wear out in a week. How many weddings can a player have in their game, anyway?

Now funerals... funerals, I could do. >:)
    #Team Occult