Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most disliked mood?

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    cytnl wrote: »
    I think for me it's more a specific situation of a mood than a mood.

/.../
    And finally, that grown adults are afraid of thunderstorms is ridiculous. I would love to have storms on, but the adults being scared is too much.

I couldn't agree more. For me all emotions are ok, if there is a reason for it. Mom died, of course you're sad! You hate your job, of course you're tense!

It's when it makes no sense that it annoys me. You love your job, but you're still extremely tense or bored every day when you come home? I mean sometimes, fine, we all have those days, but every single day? Or when I had a sim who got sad for two days because the grandfather he had NEVER met died. I mean seriously never met, not even a greeting. How would he even know?

As for the thunderstorm thing, I always, without fail, get the storm chaser trait for all sims as soon as they grow up unless there is a good reason for them to be afraid of thunderstorms (which is next to never).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Scared ever since it’s been in my game it’s been glitching and my sims seem scared a lot of the time especially if they have been to the ocean in sulani and then it becomes the default emotion it’s really annoying and I’ve not heard of anyone else having this bug.

@netney52: That are the bugged thalassophobia moodlets. If you use mods, you could use my thalassophobiabegone mod.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    It is sad to say they all tend to bother me at some point because they feel so unrealistic. Energized is probably the most pointless. Sims shouldn't always be happy about having a baby. Sims should sometimes be happy about a divorce when they are constantly arguing with their spouse. Things should happen to have the sims argue(incompatible traits) or whatever. The moods are so basic and shallow there is no point to them really. We need stuff in the game to instill real fear like burglars, not chickens and thunderstorms. Do they even get the scared emotion when someone is on fire? I thought I always saw tense. I mean that is a life or death situation. That is a good time for fear too.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited December 2021
    Sometimes I get a bit annoyed when my sims turn tense (if not furious) for no apparent reason, until I notice that in the place where they are there is a stereo playing a music genre they dislike (so that I always play with music off to listen to my own music, I never notice it until it's too late...)

Inspired mood getting replaced by tense when my sims are about to finish painting something or writing a novel also annoys me a bit, I have the impression that this makes them produce worse paintings and novels when it happens...

@HermioneSims I forgot Sims react so dramatically to music they dislike. I almost never let a Sim I create dislike things like music, decor, etc. to keep them from tensing up over stylistic preferences.

One of my Sims kept getting moody over the decor at a gym. It was driving my daughter and me crazy. We couldn't figure out what could possibly be wrong. "Come ON," an exasperated Z complained. "This place is BEAUTIFUL. And it's a GYM. Shut up and work out."

We finally found the problem. I'd downloaded the lot from the Gallery, and we didn't own the pack from which some of the exterior siding was taken, so it had some exposed sheet rock. Apparently that was enough to make an otherwise normal Sim stress out.

And, while I'm here, welcome to the forum! :) Have an Awesome.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Scared because it is useless? No whims, nothing to get from it unless (I guess) you have Paranormal and..... really...... anyone that is scared is also tense so..... whyyyyy
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Oh that's a tough one. Happy is way overpowered so that always bugs me and I've been sick of seeing constantly grinning Sims since 2014. (Seriously, who does that??) I prefer Fine and I'm really glad to see more Fine buffs happening (even though I still think it should be the default emotion instead of Happy and that Happy shouldn't buff other positive emotions because it's overkill.)

Tense bothers me because it's still a placement holder for Scared in some areas and Sims are always Tense over something so it just makes them seem entitled and fussy to me, lol. I love the Scared emotion but I think it still needs some work to feel more natural with a larger variety of fears and phobias. And it really needs to be Incorporated into the Occult behaviors so Sims can actually react to watching someone get bit by a Vampire or from getting bitten themselves. Relationship hits don't make sense, they should be afraid. Same with the hissing weakness. It would be so much more entertaining if Sims freaked out when a Vampire hissed at them uncontrollably. Or when they watch Spellcasters do offensive spells or see Mermaids summoning storms and Krakens and Aliens doing mind control or using Simrays on people...

I also think there should be a lesser level of Scared for Thunderstorms and other minor fears so that reactions are more natural. Maybe Anxious?

#Team Occult
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Fine because it seems to take over and it serves no function.
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Will be the first one to admit it's "Flirty". Mostly cause of animations they use no matter whom they actually are chatting now. It looks creepy to me when they talk to children for example. Also this random out of nowhere flirting with everyone and the chair next to them... Oh, I miss proper attraction system in this game so much. So that at least they have some reason to start flirting with other sims.

I was going to write flirty and for the very same reasons you mentioned. I definitely click that one away the majority of the time.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited December 2021
    Before downloading Meaningful Stories it was definitely Happy. Way too overpowering emotion. It's kinda funny how they call Fine the default but sims get Happy from every meaningless little thing that Happy was the true default IMO. Like good for you that you can find happiness so easily but everyone grinning around like they are high 24/7 is kinda unsettling.

After the mod I think it's Bored and, situationally, Uncomfortable.
    I have a snob sim who's constantly bored even when doing things she supposedly likes. While I appreciate new animations that make her visually stand out, you can't even do anything with this emotion. I checked it out from the Wiki, it only lists the source, not any effects. Great.
    Uncomfortable more so for specific situations because while I do think think it's a realistic emotion, the situations they'll get it sometimes just make the sims seem so fussy/entitled that it annoys me. Like, wow, one counter in your kitchen is a bit dirty or there's one puddle of water on a bathroom floor and you're flipping your **** over "unpleasant surroundings" and refuse to do anything because of it? Hah, their little minds would explode if they visited any real life home that actually looks like it's lived in.
  • Options
    gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    Playful bothers me. Next thing I know it goes to hysterical and someone is dying. Energized and when teens come home from school all tense and walking like zombies taking hours to do anything drives me nuts.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Use to really dislike Confident because it'd block the Inspired mood I wanted for the Creative aspirations, but after a while I realized my sims could still paint masterworks and writing bestsellers was a pain no matter how many Inspired moodlets I stacked. Now my most disliked mood is Sad because it tries to spoil my fun with homesick moodlets while my sims are vacationing. No game, my sims enjoy being stung and swarmed and poisoned in the jungle 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it!
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Probably scared. Not sure if they patched it but when Paranormal came out sims were just running around screaming everywhere and then making other sims scared, and if your own sims were scared they'd constantly cancel interactions to curl up in a ball
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Scared ever since it’s been in my game it’s been glitching and my sims seem scared a lot of the time especially if they have been to the ocean in sulani and then it becomes the default emotion it’s really annoying and I’ve not heard of anyone else having this bug.

@netney52 I have had that bug. The cure is to take your sim back to Sulani and have them swim in the ocean, then the thalassaphobia thing gets unstuck. At least, that's what I found in the bug report area and it worked for me.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Probably tense. My sim is a vampire with sun phobia so he often gets tense, which is annoying sometimes if he isn't in the mood to do something I want him to do. However, I also enjoy the challenge of making him happy, which is far too easy with other sims.
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    All my sims tend to be happy/energized/confident/inspired or just fine most of the time and I am fine with those. My most hated mood used to be playful. That's because my favorite sim ever died of that mood. He was playing with his toddler and I did not notice that he became hysterical. After that I would micromanage my sims and send them to a mirror to calm down right away as soon as they were playful. After a while I thought 'This is ridiculous, my sims should be able to be playful without me worrying for their life all the time' so I used MCCC to disable this death and I am glad I did, because I like having families with lots of children and teens and they tend to be playful/hysterical most of the time. Felt good not to worry about it anymore.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Peppers wrote: »
    All my sims tend to be happy/energized/confident/inspired or just fine most of the time and I am fine with those. My most hated mood used to be playful. That's because my favorite sim ever died of that mood. He was playing with his toddler and I did not notice that he became hysterical. After that I would micromanage my sims and send them to a mirror to calm down right away as soon as they were playful. After a while I thought 'This is ridiculous, my sims should be able to be playful without me worrying for their life all the time' so I used MCCC to disable this death and I am glad I did, because I like having families with lots of children and teens and they tend to be playful/hysterical most of the time. Felt good not to worry about it anymore.

What a great tip! Thanks. I too am terrified of the playful>very playful>hysterical>death. At least now if they become hysterical I can have them talk themselves down in the mirror.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    you can make your sims never tense with the island living aspiration
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hate when NPCs get angry and start fights for no reason.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2022
    I hate the energized, tense, scared, and flirty moods most of all. Is there a mod out there I can download to cancel their moods?
    Post edited by JDubtx81 on
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Okay I take it back, Scared is the most annoying. When a thunderstorm is happening that mood totally dominates the other moods.

I get it, thunderstorms can be a bit terrifying but to take over and the moodlet never going away, is really the most pain the behind than anything else.
  • Options
    diavolosimsdiavolosims Posts: 37 Member
    For me, it would be Uncomfortable. But the sound effect for when your sim becomes uncomfortable is just so iconic, like...

♪ Waking up in the morning
    Thinking about so many things
    I just wish things will get better
    I try to get rid of them
    But nothing seems to stay the same ♪

"Your sim is hungry, needs to pee, smells..." Gah! It's just funny but at the same time frustrating. So when they're asleep, we have to be attentive of their needs.
  • Options
    HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2022
    Fine.
    It's so monotonous and I don't like how it overpowers happy moodlets. I could have great decor and a good conversation going, and my sim is just 'fine' because she did her laundry recently. I also don't like playful or energized for the reasons stated. Playful does seem manic and it escalates so fast. Next thing I know, I'm staging an intervention because someone is about to laugh themselves to death, lol.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Fine.
    Ever since a character gets "fine" overpowering everything else, you have to use the zen thing of 'mindfulness' to get rid of it.
    "Fine" is fine, and very fine even when not fine, but still fine if you want to surge another emotion, but finely fine annoying when it pops in as 'fine' that blocks all other moods while doing something. Like let's say painting while inspired, then 'fine' kicks in. DOH! Now cancel the painting, do the zen thing and surge 'inspired, then fine is finally gone. Fine. Now you can re-initiate the painting.

And I am fine. Fine?... Fine.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Fine is just supposed to be the base, there shouldn't be moodlets that make your sim feel "fine". Besides that, bored is the one that annoys me the most. It's just... boring.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm constantly in a fight with 'Energised', but 'bored' is more annoying. Even if it's not their principal mood, they do a lot of huffing and sighing (usually because they've acquired the 'outdoorsy' lifestyle and I want them to do things like read books or knit).
    I just want things to match. :'(