Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wrestling pack coming soon?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Wrestling is an activity favoring male Sims so I seriously doubt it would be that.

What??

A sarcastic allusion to the shortage of male content in the game.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    They ties back to earlier in fall when the official Sims account posted about what celebrities we think play Sims. And then they tweeted at Adele, and then there's the Bretman show.

I don't think it's wrestling. I think it's celebrities and maybe a Get Famous refresh as that is the most criticized EP.

Mmmm….Let’s not dismiss the wrestling part when it comes to celebrities.
    We need to ask ourselves what most of these celebrities have in common with wrestling?

The answer is easy: Celebrities had to wrestle their way to the top and now they have to keep wrestling to stay at the top. They’d have to wrestle each other, wrestle their legal advisors, and wrestle themselves. They wrestle the world. It’s one big happy celebrity wrestle.

Perhaps with a Get Famous refresh the celebrities will be able to wrestle their way to the new Del Sol Valley Beach Front and live, work, swim with killer whales and party hardy there.

And wouldn’t it be great to be able to do a double springboard moonsault on Judith Ward? She wouldn’t even notice with that ginormous nest on her head. She’d be grand.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Imagine new townies jogging around in singlets 😆 no thank you!
    I would never buy a pack for wrestling, but if it came with a bigger hobby pack, I wouldn’t have much choice.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    It might be just me, but why would anyone want a wrestling pack? :open_mouth:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    If it is supposed to meen anything it mighr as well be cars, since he apparently played in fast & furious 9, or something action adventure pack but it might as well be that he likes Dr.Gluon
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I doubt it's a wresting pack. But if it happened to be I'd be I'd be up for it. I have a few sims I could throw in the ring ! 😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Pro wrestling is kind of past it’s peak, isn’t it? John Cena’s more of a performer/celeb these days. You know, it’s possible there’s no hint at all and the guy just likes to play Sims.

Anyway, a wrestling pack would seem an odd choice.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2021
    Wrestling is an activity favoring male Sims so I seriously doubt it would be that.

Unless it's mud/jello wrestling, of course...

Watched primarily by males, but performed primarily by females.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Wresting within a larger sport related pack, sure. Wrestling pack by itself though? no thank you.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Any links you could share? 😜

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member

There is also oil wrestling....which is performed by men. ;)

Also, pretty sure there are female wrestlers too. It's a male-dominated sport for sure but there are women too. And not in the jello/mud bikini kind of way.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    They ties back to earlier in fall when the official Sims account posted about what celebrities we think play Sims. And then they tweeted at Adele, and then there's the Bretman show.

I don't think it's wrestling. I think it's celebrities and maybe a Get Famous refresh as that is the most criticized EP.

You may say the most criticized EP is Island Living or Snowy Escape or Get Together but definitely not Get Famous. Get famous has critics yes, but it is not the "most criticised". The main critic about it is the small world and the lack of bands/Music career.

But like you, I think we have a strong possibility of having a Get Famous refresh
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2021
    Peral wrote: »
    If it is supposed to meen anything it mighr as well be cars, since he apparently played in fast & furious 9, or something action adventure pack but it might as well be that he likes Dr.Gluon

I'm starting to suspect it's just a marketing thing for John Cena, he started following JackFrags too, he is part of the EA Creator Network but he doesn't make sims videos, he makes videos of first person shooters like Battlefield.
  • Options
    Most criticized EP is going to boil down to opinions but I don't think Get Famous is a strong contender. The biggest thing that pack gets flack for is the small world (+ no bands and maybe a few other things).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Also, pretty sure there are female wrestlers too. It's a male-dominated sport for sure but there are women too. And not in the jello/mud bikini kind of way.

I am pretty sure I saw females wrestling while drenched in baby oil. It look looked more like a catfight than wrestling, but I think it was due to the oil making everything slippery. 😂
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    what do you find so interesting in a wrestling packs i would much rather see a pack that focus on retro content 1950 to now (upcoming 2022) with retro style furniture appliance clothes hairstyle home decoration ect
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2021
    most likely just marketing as they've been roping in random celebs for ages

wouldn't mind some additional manman activities though...like if gasoline row and central station from urbz had a baby and we added some cars and...

aight I'll just stop my plsaddurbz essay before it starts

either way if this is hint of any kind i think itd be more likely about superheroes than wrestling.... or maybe the pack would have both like u have to fight the villains or burglars or some monster entity anyway so...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    edited December 2021
    I never heard the term "manman activities" and despite being very gender non-conformist, I love it.

Hegemonic masculine activities need more central play in this game. I want:

Mechanical & car stuff
    Sports jerseys & game day stuff
    Poker night stuff

Sure we have executive boss stuff, fishermen stuff, lumberjack stuff, and gaming geek stuff. But I want more blue collar masculine stuff! Why do the kegs have to be so cutesy?
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »

I am pretty sure I saw females wrestling while drenched in baby oil. It look looked more like a catfight than wrestling, but I think it was due to the oil making everything slippery. 😂

By "oil wrestling" I was referring to the Turkish kind which has its own rules and traditionally I believe performed by men (I believe).

But on the subject of the thread, I think wrestling could be a fun rabbit hole career. I think its too niche to have as a full fledged out interactive career but could be a fun update career. Would give more context to the random wrestler-garbed sims that roam around in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Get Wrestling
    Get Knocked Out
    Get in the Ring
    Get a Concussion
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't see how wrestling would be possible in Sims given the CAS body morphing system. The clipping would be insane.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Get Wrestling
    Get Knocked Out
    Get in the Ring
    Get a Concussion

Get Knocked Out needs Tubthumping rerecorded in Simish for sure!
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    If this is actually part of a hobby/freetime pack, I would definitely get it. I actually DID watch wrestling growing up when it was good before the story lines went to the pits though. 1990-2000 was the best decade for wrestling.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    If this is actually part of a hobby/freetime pack, I would definitely get it. I actually DID watch wrestling growing up when it was good before the story lines went to the pits though. 1990-2000 was the best decade for wrestling.

I was the biggest wrestling fan in my middle school, high school, university. And then the gore era started and I was like nope, and never watched it again. I've heard the gore and blood is gone, but I can't get past the politics of the McMahon's.
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Oh gosh, I hope we won't get a wrestling pack. That would be quite random. As part of a hobby pack? Sure, bring it on.