Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wrestling pack coming soon?

So a lot of game changers have been tweeting the past few weeks that John Cena has followed them. It became suspicious as he started following more simmers.

Then the official sims account tweeted this:

This could mean nothing but it could also mean that there might be a wrestling pack coming to the game...

If so I think matches would be cool and then an after school activity for kids. I'm not sure what else I would want in a pack like this but I'm always open to more hobbies for my sims.
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    They ties back to earlier in fall when the official Sims account posted about what celebrities we think play Sims. And then they tweeted at Adele, and then there's the Bretman show.

I don't think it's wrestling. I think it's celebrities and maybe a Get Famous refresh as that is the most criticized EP.
  • Options
    Oh and there was something about Zendaya too? I forgot. Lots of celebrity stuff the last few months.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I have zero interest in wrestling-related things of any kind, but at least I do know who John Cena is. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lol that would be kinda strange 😅😅 karate is superior. But I would be down for it 😎
    But the rock is cooler than John Cena👀
    It's interesting overall to see a wresteler possibility interested in sims😯
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It could be a China pack instead.

I'd be up for a wrestling pack. Sims need more competitions and forms of combat, especially ones that will require your sim to put in the time and effort. Now I want to make a luchador family that trains from birth to wrestle in the ring.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I prefer martial arts pack...
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    That would be a terrible idea for a pack.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    There is no way they are going to make all the animations for wrestling. And we already have enough fitness clothes. So I really think this is either a hint at a celebrity something, OR John Cena is in a new movie and the theme of the movie is something.

Like how the Rock was just in Jungle Cruise, would have been great for Jungle Adventures. Or Moana good for Island Living. Or Scorpion King good for World Adventures in Sims 3.

So maybe Cena is in some new movie and the Sims will promote the movie and the movie will promote Sims.

Edit: Maybe a new Fast & Furious movie which hints at cars.

Maybe a fantasy movie for dragons (for Gordy). Maybe a werewolf movie (for CaptainNX). Maybe an R&B movie (for Jeremia).
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

John Cena is also Peacekeeper in The Suicide Squad, so it could just as easily be supers themed as wrestling themed.

But I'm thinking it's a John Cena publicity thing, rather than a sims publicity thing.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Oh! John Cena :love:

Also not so interested of wrestling pack, like @VeeDub , mentioned , finally I know who they are talking about :D

But would not totally be against either :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Wrestling is an activity favoring male Sims so I seriously doubt it would be that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Wrestling is an activity favoring male Sims so I seriously doubt it would be that.

Maybe John Cena will model a skirt for modern menswear?

Ooh, maybe he'll be in fairy wings for a new fairy pack? (I saw this on twitter).

He was also on SNL not too long ago for a dating game skit and was hilarious.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Too violent for TS4.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

What??
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wrestling would be pretty fun! I have several Sims who would like more ways to be fit.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I hope not..

I mean, priorities? :|
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2021
    That would be a terrible idea for a pack.

It's not that they had no terrible ideas before (looking at you batuu)..

They seem to completely have lost connection with the community and just doing stuff they think is fun and will bring them more money.. like, brand deals and such.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    If they ever do a Get Famous refresh. I hope it comes with a new world besides Del Sol Valley. The base game comes with 3 worlds. I don't see any reason expansion packs can't have more than one world.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    If they ever do a Get Famous refresh. I hope it comes with a new world besides Del Sol Valley. The base game comes with 3 worlds. I don't see any reason expansion packs can't have more than one world.

I'm hoping if we ever get a holiday/hotels pack that it will come with three worlds based on different countries, similar to TS2 Bon Voyage.

I can't imagine a wrestling pack, I'm not sure that there is enough in it for a whole pack, maybe a kit though?

Unless a sporting/hobbies/free time pack is on the way? Along with ballet, karate, fencing etc. :smile:
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2021
    Well, that's a celebrity that I actually know who it is...

But I'm not sure that wrestling would really add much to the sims4... What are we supposed to do except build arenas and let our sims wrestle in the ring? You kinda would need some sort of fighting system and tournament system for it to be fun.

Hopefully it's a get famous refresh, if it's a hint.

• Options
    logion wrote: »
    Well, that's a celebrity that I actually know who it is...

But I'm not sure that wrestling would really add much to the sims4... What are we supposed to do except build arenas and let our sims wrestle in the ring? You kinda would need some sort of fighting system and tournament system for it to be fun.

Hopefully it's a get famous refresh, if it's a hint.

The fighting system would be the dust cloud when you currently fight in a brawl. No way they have the budget to turn the Sims into an actually wrestling game.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    IF there is a wrestling pack, it could wind up as another "Journey to Batuu" fiasco. I think EA really needs to focus on fixing the blue screen areas in Evergreen Harbor and giving the retail and dining an overhaul instead of giving us some pack most people wouldn't even care about.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I think wrestling is the weirdest sport ever, it creeps me out and I had no idea who John Cena is, I had to look him up. So I hope it’s not a wrestling pack. *shudders* 😝
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I mean, I have a lot of respect for Pro Wrestlers. They're doing improvised stage combat with only a few scripted beats to make the story good. Perhaps not my preferred form of combat to watch, but still quite impressive with both the storytelling and the physicality, not to mention the needed communication between the two sides.

What I'm not seeing is why it would be worth bringing into the Sims.

Because yeah, that's a lot of animation. And a fairly niche market that probably doesn't cross over with simmers that much. Probably less than Star Wars does.

So I'm going to go with it's a John Cena promotion thing, or maybe a Get Famous refresh - maybe with new celebrity sims added in.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »

I'm hoping if we ever get a holiday/hotels pack that it will come with three worlds based on different countries, similar to TS2 Bon Voyage.

I can't imagine a wrestling pack, I'm not sure that there is enough in it for a whole pack, maybe a kit though?

Unless a sporting/hobbies/free time pack is on the way? Along with ballet, karate, fencing etc. :smile:

Now that is something I could really get behind. Ballet and martial arts would definitely be fantastic. I don't have any interest in a wrestling pack, per se, but if wrestling was just part of a larger pack with several hobbies and activities, that would be cool.

I do have a soft spot for John Cena, but I think of him as more of an actor/entertainer generally, rather than just specifically a wrestler at this point. So the "Get Famous refresh" theory makes some sense, too.