What Would you Like to See in The Sims 5?

2...Next

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,584 Member
    If theres multiplayer, I want it to be safe and nonevasive.
    I want strong personalities and customizing.
    I want consequences and risks. Memories, wants, fears etc
    I want enough customization options for black players from inception
    I want open neighborhood or the current system
    I want to be able to make my own neighborhoods
    I want the story album back
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,041 Member
    I would like toddlers to be integrated from the beginning, and for past Sims 2 and Sims 3 (and Sim’s 4’s packs’) family gameplay to be combined into one game. I want better babies that are detached from their bassinets, and also the ability to be able to take the babies around like Sims 3.

I basically want all of the family and Generations gameplay from the past several games, lol! 🙂

I also want mermaids and fairies to come back again, and with some more depth like Sims 4’s Vampires or various little details like the mods that are around, or to have some even work like Sims 3’s fairies, etc.

I would love a lot of the many romantic interactions from Sims 1-3 back, too. I would like kids to play games without toys like tag or hide and seek, rock-papers-scissors, etc.

I would also love a lot of the various hobbies we got from all of the Sims games to eventually come to Sims 5 as well. :smile:

So much stuff, pretty much, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player~*~
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,081 Member
    question why do you went so much the sims5 to be like past sims games and what would you do if they decided the rating for the sims5 was rated by the esrb e for everyone?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 107 Member
    have a choice for multiplayer or single player
    if multiplayer you can block if needed or invite those you want
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 729 Member
    edited January 14
    Frogeems wrote: »
    I’d like to see height customization added too, and disabilities.

I agree with adding disabilities to the game as I am a disabled gamer. I don't understand why people don't at least want the option to have them in the game.

That really depends on the disability, wheelchairs and prosthetic limbs might get a pass, but Autism on the otherhand is a whole other can of worms.
    knowledge is power and power is absolute.
  • MidniteHuskyMidniteHusky Posts: 28 Member
    I would like more animals like horses, lizards, birds, ect. to be in the Sims 5 like they had in Sims 3. I would also like the ability to play as the animals instead of just having them be like objects that move.
    17829984.jpg
    Profile picture by The Arsonist#1357 on Discord!
  • meganschunmeganschun Posts: 1 New Member
    PLEASE CREATE A MULTIPLAYER MODE
    😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏🤏💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,081 Member
    meganschun wrote: »
    sorry but i have to disagree with your post @meganschun most players are againts multiplayer mode and i went the sims5 to remain single player mode and offline other than the gallery.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 729 Member
    edited January 14
    Vampires, Werewolves and Spellcasters should be the first Sims 5 packs.
    knowledge is power and power is absolute.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 739 Member
    I hope they don't release a base game so bare that's it's barely considered a game at all. It took many years for TS4 to get there. And I kind of hope they have heights, but not sliders, more like tall and average and small. Why not give us dwarfs? They're a popular kind in many fantasy games, why not transfer them to modern times?
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 18
    At this point, I am beyond ready for Sims 5. I absolutely loved Sims 4 when I first started playing, but to be honest I was obsessed with building for a long time. LOL. I love the graphics so much that I can't enjoy the older games now because of it. I've been trying to just play the game. I always play a rags to riches type scenario. There's just something about starting with nothing that makes the game more fun, but I keep running into little bugs and autonomy that kicks the enjoyment right out the door.

We all have long wish lists. I've mentioned mine on the forum before so I'm not going to get into it again. Yesterday, after an extremely frustrating game, I sat down and thought about the next game. Would I buy it? Based on Sims 4 - no. I'm not interested in buying any more of Sims 4 packs as it is. I see and hear a lot in the community about why games are so stripped down compared to the games of the past and they're right. The players keep buying the games. The game makes a profit. So nothing is going to change as long as we keep paying for it.
    With that said, I am worried that the next game will follow the same blueprint as Sims 4 - I won't buy another game like this.

I like the size of Sims 4 neighborhoods. I like switching between them. I thought sims 3 worlds were way too big. Is there a happy medium. I want to build everything in my world and I also want to play my sims in every one of them. I like autonomy. I like to watch my sims just live and see what they get into. I just want a playable game again!

So, I had to think what features are a absolute necessity in a new Sims game for me to continue buying it?

1. Open Neighborhoods
    2. Sims 2/3 autonomy and routing
    3. CARS!
    4. No online multiplayer or at least make it optional
    5. No fridge Shopping or at least make it optional
    6. No rabbit hole locations ( Businesses and lots more like Sims 2)
    7. NO SET DRESSING! I hate seeing all these houses that I can't go to and I can't build on the lot. What's the point of it being there? If I can't design the world, add and subtract lots, Not worth the money!

And these points isn't a must have for a new game, but I think it should be part of the game, because come on! This is Sims 5 and the game needs to advance significantly to compete with other games out there!

1. Add in options like we have with MC Command. Almost every player uses this mod, even if we use no others. Don't restrict your players. You say play with Life or live your way all the time. Let us truly play our way.
    2. Weather in base game. This is a normal base game feature in this day and time and should no longer be sold as a pack years down the road. Plus many players won't move on to the new Sims game until this comes out.
    4. Bring back all those NPC's that we loved in SIms 2. You have the opportunity to bring in new players as well as all the castaways that still only play Sims 2 or Sims 3. That's a big chunk of players that could be buying the newest games that are left out of the equation. No new game should contain less gameplay, or less details, than its 20+ year old predecessors!
    5. Crazy cooking animations should stay with crazy sims. Let them pull things out of the cabinets like they did in Sims 2. The details in animations are extremely lacking now.
    6. I wouldn't mind using the arrow keys or a controller to move my sim around the world. I wonder if its possible to add this to The Sims and keep the old point and click way?

In short, if the new game is as dumbed down as 4, I'm done buying Sims games. They cost way too much for how simple it has become. Especially compared to the older Sims games. I'm tired of this game catering to consoles and low end computers. We choose to play on PC. We also choose to pay a lot for computers that can handle the big games. Now we have to deal with stripped down Sims games. The PC version has always been different than the console and it should continue to be that way. Come on, get them hooked on the console game and many will go out and get a computer just so they can experience all the stuff only available on the PC version. You sell the game twice!
    edited January 18
    meganschun wrote: »

I'm sorry, but this just would not be The Sims. It would be like playing Yoworld on facebook. It was great in the beginning, but then it turned into a mess with players bullying, hacking, and every undesirable type of player you can think of everywhere!
    The problem with multiplayer games is that there are too many players who get on there just to ruin the game for others. There are already games out there that are unplayable because there are too many people like this. The Sims is a casual game. If we wanted a multiplayer game, we would buy something else.
    question why do you went so much the sims5 to be like past sims games and what would you do if they decided the rating for the sims5 was rated by the esrb e for everyone?

All these things are the reason I liked The Sims. If it goes to "everybody" rating, I'll stop because in order to do that things like woohoo will have to go and I'm pretty sure all the challenge will be gone as well. Might as well be My Sims and not Sims 5.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 835 Member
    Most important thing for me at this point, not having any details, is that I don't want them to look like cartoons. There is a certain aesthetic with Sims 1&2, that was thrown out the window for Sims 3, and then brought back for Sims 4. Sims to me are like cute little dolls, with heady/body/arms like a human, they are not like cartoons or anime to me. I really can't play with cartoony games, but I am not ready to switch any time soon anyway. I want them to add more Sims 4 content and refresh packs.

I have bad memories of multiplayer play from Sims online way back, but I think now they could maybe really improve it. I can't imagine anyone else intruding on my play, but sometimes I think it would be nice to have some friends online to play with. It would have to be an optional feature for me though. It's such a solitary game I think.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 101 Member
    Build Mode:
    Curved walls and roof designs
    Curved doors and windows (think Hobbit)
    Split section roofing to allow different textures on the same plane
    Solar panels / wind generators
    Spiral staircases
    Split level floors
    Non-orthagonal straight walls (e.g. 25°)
    Measurement tool, including angles. Metric.
    Freeform window and door placement locked to wall or floor
    Fine object placement toggle
    Traffic heatmap to help plan out room layouts
    Custom pictures as posters or paintings
    Colour shifting wall and floor textures per swatch

CAS Mode:
    Sim height slider
    Morbidity slider (fat vs muscle as proportion of total mass)
    Eyelashes
    Eye colour and complexity with RGB selection per Sim
    Heterochromia (maybe just iridensis = 2 colours in one eye) DA:I had this feature
    Proper stubble
    In-game facial hair growth (via mirror interaction = “Grow Beard / Shave off / Trim”)
    Dramatically increase clothing and hair fidelity to match CC available now (2022)

Gameplay:
    All life stages present in base game
    Seasons in base game
    Pets in base game
    Cars
    A “shoo” interaction to disperse clusters of Sims
    Soft body physics for body mass, hair and clothing. Swishy skirts and long hair.
    More flexible door locking options, mainly to consider visitors to lot as household while they are there
    Heat map for weather to show which rooms are warm or cold (use in summer for cool areas)