Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much longer can you tolerate Sims 4's lifespan?

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    Simmer3550Simmer3550 Posts: 28 Member
    I hope Sims 5 comes out the earliest it realistically can - Fall 2023 (2 years)
    I'm ready for Sims 5. I've played all of the Sims games and none have felt as shallow and lifeless as the Sims 4. Honestly though I don't have much hope for 5 either. Keeping my fingers crossed for Paralives.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    Well my selection is still valid. 😄

Same here.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    I'm ready for Project Rene. Concerned it's going to take much longer given recent news. But let's hope the game isn't rushed.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    suepixelssuepixels Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 21
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    I paid way too much cash for this game to drop it and move on! ;) That's the main reason why I don't want TS5. B) I want it, but I want it with so many features. However, my expectations are pretty low based on my experience with EA in what they deliver. :s The Sims could have been so much more and should be much more than just a pretty shell. So I'm lookin' forward to Paralives. It's promising with all the tools and opportunities. I love the cozy feel and the level of customizing pretty much everything. Even the music is more appealing compared to the loud, at times very annoying music that you cannot turn off in Build/Buy in TS4 if you want to listen to the radio station. There are so many things I wish TS4 should have already and still lacks in some important features! So I wonder, will TS5 have it? I don't want to spend so much money again unless they deliver what I wish it would have, plus I have no big hopes. I want to be able to customize my world to my liking with the colors, and the amount of lots. Last but not least, I need complete sets for all themes. I highly dislike the incomplete sets of assets in all areas. The community should not fill this gap - that's EA's job to deliver enough and complete content (assets, animations, diversity, etc.)!
    Passionate Sim-Architect & Storyteller on Tumblr. If u can imagine u can make it happen B)
    Industrial, Steampunk & Modern Architecture. Yup Simmies, too!

EA ID suepixels | Tags #suepixels
    Sue's Architecture | Sue's Stories | Wedding Stuff Pack Ideas
    Tumblr: suepixels | Twitter suepixels
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I want to play the Sims 4 for much longer - End of 2027+ (6+ years)
    An updated to current computers TS2 would be preferable. After the botched empty shell that is TS4 I've little hope 5 won't be just more of the same. Just downgraded so it will run on my teeny-weeny screen cell phone with no means of doing anything other than watch. At least with 4 I have a known here now entity that can work with.
  • Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    I have no intention of playing TS5. Not when better life simulations are gonna drop.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I have zero faith in Sims 5, I am quite convinced they are going to mess it up and just make the competitors look more attractive instead of making it harder to get dethroned.
    The shopping cart button is practically a symbol for how out of touch they have become with their audience.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I wished for bug fixes when I last replied to this thread and I still wish they'd fix the bugs more diligently. It can't be that hard.

I'm quite sure I won't play the next game. If I do, I'll wait for several years before I touch it, just like I did with TS4.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    If AI can fix the game, it would be wonderful for the future.

There are still tons of content to add.

• Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    edited March 8
    I'm not in the Sims 5 hype train at all.

Also, bad wording. I don't "tolerate" the game, I've been playing for almost 10 years because I really enjoy it and I just wish there was more QA testing, bug fixing, less frequent DLC releases and well-rounded packs (with some refreshes where it's needed). These are all corporate choices and I don't think simply changing to a "clean slate" would help with that. If anything, I bet it will get worse. Project Rene being "free to play" isn't good news, even if it's not the actual Sims 5.

I don't see myself playing Sims 5, but I see myself playing Sims 4 indefinitely, just like many of us still do with TS2 20 years later (and I wish I could legally get the Ultimate Edition). I play so many modded games and only two still get patches, TS4 being the only one that have them so frequently with new DLC additions (while the last major update Stardew Valley had was on 2020's Christmas). I think it will be refreshing to not fear patch days anymore :D

I also see myself playing Paralives, maybe, but I still need to get my hands on the gameplay demo and see.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    Also, bad wording.

For you. For me, it's worded exactly the way I wanted it to be worded. ;)

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Adria22Adria22 Posts: 16 Member
    Few years ago I was so hyped for Sims 5. I was ready to drop this half baked game (Sims 4) behind and jump the ship. BUT now when I saw early concepts and ideas of Sims 5...hype is gone. It should be online free to play mobile hybrid. I have a feeling it will be very different game from what we know and love. So now I kind of want as much content as possible for Sims 4 and then I believe in moders power to fix all the bugs and make it great game it deserves to be.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I'm ready for Project Rene. Concerned it's going to take much longer given recent news. But let's hope the game isn't rushed.

I rather play sims 4 for a fee more years.Than having them rush project Renee.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    If I could, I would change my vote. I do wish for Sims 4 to last a bit longer because there are things that needs to be fix and things that need to be added.

Also, like you said @Horrorgirl6 it will give TS5/ProjectRene more time to develop.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited April 8
    There are so many other games to play that there is no reason for me to be dissatisfied playing TS4. I’ve never tolerated the game but I definitely stopped caring about the game or hoping that an EP or update will make it of interest to me.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    Feel like the poll is somewhat flawed, it makes the assumption that sims 5 is much better than sims 4 which we currently don't know anything about. While sims 4 may be a buggy mess at this point that could use a bit of love and fixing for it to run more smoothly again, we don't really know if sims 5 is going to be enjoyable or better, maybe staying on a half broken car could be better if sims 5 is less good. I mean look at diablo 4 it wasn't exactly a hit with its core fans, so it feels hard to really vote poll your position currently not knowing anything really about sims 5. I know personally if sims 5 take live service route many AAA title companies been doing lately I am not the slightest interested and would stay on one older sims despite whatever flaws they may have until there are better alternatives out.