Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SDX (New Delivery March 24) Tattoos And More

Comments

• Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Very cool items. I was looking forward to the coquito. I have two Sims that actually like Fruitcake so they'll be pleased. Coincidentally, they're both left-handed too.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    Very cool items. I was looking forward to the coquito. I have two Sims that actually like Fruitcake so they'll be pleased. Coincidentally, they're both left-handed too.

I have a left handed sim who likes fruitcake as well. But in my case I used cheats to set these preferences. 🤫

I'm definitely going to use some of the clutter items, especially the aprons and the fireplace tools.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

This is really useful because when I was building earlier the only thing I found was the tiny salt and pepper 😄

I thought the fruitcake was going to be a recipe. Though I quite like food deco items so I don't mind.

Thats funny because it was the salt & pepper I couldn't find.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Hi! Was there a free hairstyle released with this delivery? I know we got the first one a week ago, but I thought there was to be a new hair. Did I drink a little too much eggnog last night and imagined it? :D

Yes. 🥛

Thanks, I have to lighten up on that eggnog! ;)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    My pics of some of the stuff
    12-16-21_2-17-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-16-21_2-17-01_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-16-21_2-16-46_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-16-21_2-16-36_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-16-21_2-16-21_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

An FYI
    You need to use the bb.moveobjects on cheat to place the wall bow.

That holly wreath you have on the mantle piece, is it new? Don't think I have seen it before in game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    My pics of some of the stuff
    12-16-21_2-17-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-16-21_2-17-01_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-16-21_2-16-46_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-16-21_2-16-36_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-16-21_2-16-21_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

An FYI
    You need to use the bb.moveobjects on cheat to place the wall bow.

That holly wreath you have on the mantle piece, is it new? Don't think I have seen it before in game.

You mean the Garland? No it's not new it came with Seasons.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Hey, @dogzdinner Just a quick FYI. The Tools of Fire, as they're named, are found in Decorations (misc.) along with 'Tis the Big Bow Season and the Cake With Style. I haven't yet tracked the other stuff down as I am busy playing my game. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I'm late to the party, didn't even realise we were due some goodies today lol. I can get excited for tomorrow now.

I have wanted some fireplace tools forever so I'm looking forward to those.

Inert or functional? In case there are any literature fans here, today is Jane Austen's birthday. :) "Persuasion" here I come!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I get so confused when the date is written backwards, I keep thinking all things are released on the 12th 😂

So today is 15/12 not the other way around. There’s not 15 months. Sorry I know you Americans use this format it just don’t make sense to me and I’m having a bad day so just venting now. Sorry!!!

I'm also confused every time I read a date on this forum, luckily in this case the 15 clearly shows it is written in the American way. To me it feels more logic to start with the smallest time frame and end with the largest (day/month/year) , like I see in real life on a daily basis.

@simgirl1010 thanks for posting the tweet about the delay

Americans get a lot of things backwards. I should know, I am one. But my heart is in the UK. :)
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I get so confused when the date is written backwards, I keep thinking all things are released on the 12th 😂

So today is 15/12 not the other way around. There’s not 15 months. Sorry I know you Americans use this format it just don’t make sense to me and I’m having a bad day so just venting now. Sorry!!!

I'm also confused every time I read a date on this forum, luckily in this case the 15 clearly shows it is written in the American way. To me it feels more logic to start with the smallest time frame and end with the largest (day/month/year) , like I see in real life on a daily basis.

@simgirl1010 thanks for posting the tweet about the delay

Americans get a lot of things backwards. I should know, I am one. But my heart is in the UK. :)

(looks around nervously)
    i... i get everything backwards. :lol:
  • Options
    The wall bow should work without having to use bb.moveobject on but it doesn't. I think they need to fix that in an update.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I'm definitely going to use some of the clutter items, especially the aprons and the fireplace tools.

I think this is a really good addition to the game, esp for things like clutter items which can really make a build. So many little CAS items, clutter or extra swatches can be dropped in game without having to wait for a patch.
    I think though with kits and cottage living and now this we have plenty of kitchen clutter....how about some laundry, bathroom, kids room clutter too?

• Options
    Those table bows can be used for weddings on tables. I believe it comes in a white color swatch.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It's also an open door for the Store's return.

SDX could handle paid content.
    Kits feel like a return to the Store. I don’t mind the update since it probably won’t effect scripted mods. Most likely will effect CC if they use base game meshes related to updated content. First time I heard the term I thought of SFX and was hoping that system would get a much needed graphics update. Shame compared to EA’s current games how bad the background effects look and behave.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    As soon as I heard this in the livestream, I immediately thought, Sims 4 Store is coming.
    I mean the store will return if the Sims 5 attempts the Sims Online again like it tried to with the Sims 4. I feel like Sims 4 has been the lab rat of how much Simmers are willing to spend on a future Sims Online iteration.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    The wall bow should work without having to use bb.moveobject on but it doesn't. I think they need to fix that in an update.

I don't need the cheat to hang the bow? Only if close to another object, like the fireplace
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Thank you!!! I am really enjoying these holiday items and especially the new recipes. :heart: I love how the food is wrapped in little squares when the plate is full and then unwrapped in a single serving. :love: The drink is the latest holiday craze all my Sims are drinking it at the bar. I've been waiting so long for an egg nog so I am so happy to have this fancy holiday coconut drink that apparently tastes like egg nog with rum. In honor of this new drink, I've decided Bella's latin roots are from Puerto Rico. I also love the salt and pepper shaker, the bow decorations, the cake decorations, the fire tools and the aprons. Every item is being placed around my homes. I'm feeling so happy playing with all these amazing free items, thank you and happy holidays!!

Bella Goth at home enjoying her Coquito with some onigiri and a slice of cake:

Ne4w5tL.png

Cassandra tries the Hallacas. Cassandra recently adopted Mayor Whiskers and loves him so much she got a tattoo of him on her arm. :wink:

xk5bAFX.png?1

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I don't need the cheat to hang the bow? Only if close to another object, like the fireplace

I came across the bow today and didn't need a cheat to place it either... *shrugs*
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member

Sims Delivery Express (SDX) will be a system that will deliver free content to your Base Game as a complimentary, and a little bit more spontaneous sibiling than our regular Game Updates. You won’t need to do a full Patch to get content through this system. Hopefully it’s a seamless companion to our Game Updates.

A Sim Delivery could be a Build Mode asset, or a Create A Sim asset. It can be a clothing, a hair, an accessory or a combination of those. It can be something in Build Mode or a couple of things in Build Mode. It could be tiny little fixes that don’t need a Base Game update to apply to your game. Something that’s not complex so that we can potentially get them in your game that way.

We are super excited to be bringing these type of content to The Sims 4 Base Game and beyond. We have so much going on and so much planned for The Sims 4. Keep an eye out for our updates because stuff is happening…

More here:
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/10/26/the-sims-team-introduces-sims-delivery-express-a-new-update-type-for-the-sims-4/

Oh...we need new wall and floor coverings with a color wheel in addtion to swatches for EVERYTHING!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I came across the bow today and didn't need a cheat to place it either... *shrugs*

It might be my mods then. I have a lot of mods.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm so happy that my sims can finally have Eggnog & Christmas Squares in the game.
    FYI: The Christmas Squares can be found under the Cook that looks like green square wraps & the Eggnog can be found under Make Drinks in the Bar it's under a Spanish name so just look for the eggnog picture.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    The Christmas squares are actually hallacas, a version of tamales. The drink is coquito. A Puerto Rican eggnog.
    SimGuruAsh responding to a question about the new recipes.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    The Christmas squares are actually hallacas, a version of tamales. The drink is coquito. A Puerto Rican eggnog.
    SimGuruAsh responding to a question about the new recipes.

All the talk of tamales lately is making me crave them a lot both online and in real life I have heard them mentioned. Guess I will have to pick some up soon. Portland has been showing them a lot on the news.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Wonder if all the SDX is dropping on Wednesday. EA_ Cade posted that the Complex robes and two additional CAS items would be released on Wed 2/2.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/996818/sims-411-recap-inside-maxis-1-18-2022#latest

Not sure about the scenario, hairstyle, and food. 🤔