Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SDX (New Delivery March 24) Tattoos And More

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    OK, I knew when the tweet was going out and was prepped and you still beat me to it. 🤣

Maybe next time. 😄

One day :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm late to the party, didn't even realise we were due some goodies today lol. I can get excited for tomorrow now.

I have wanted some fireplace tools forever so I'm looking forward to those.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Aaaahhh coquito I am so excited
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I get so confused when the date is written backwards, I keep thinking all things are released on the 12th 😂

So today is 15/12 not the other way around. There’s not 15 months. Sorry I know you Americans use this format it just don’t make sense to me and I’m having a bad day so just venting now. Sorry!!!
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    All that matters is hopefully Santa makes it down the chimney and we'll get our goodies today.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I get so confused when the date is written backwards, I keep thinking all things are released on the 12th 😂

So today is 15/12 not the other way around. There’s not 15 months. Sorry I know you Americans use this format it just don’t make sense to me and I’m having a bad day so just venting now. Sorry!!!

I'm also confused every time I read a date on this forum, luckily in this case the 15 clearly shows it is written in the American way. To me it feels more logic to start with the smallest time frame and end with the largest (day/month/year) , like I see in real life on a daily basis.

@simgirl1010 thanks for posting the tweet about the delay
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

If they used 15/12, I'd be confused. LOL! :wink:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member

Well, we say December 15th and not the 15th of December, so the date comes before the month for us. It does make sense from our perspective, as yours makes sense from your perspective.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Alexai wrote: »

Well, we say December 15th and not the 15th of December, so the date comes before the month for us. It does make sense from our perspective, as yours makes sense from your perspective.

Since the US is the exception, I propose they change the way they say their dates. :lol:
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Yupiiiii, I'm here to reclaim my coquito! Thank you Maxis and happy holidays for everybody there on the studio 😍💕
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

Me too! Always! Even when the first number is clearly higher than 12 :D Takes a couple second for my brain to comprehend. We say the date first in my country, so it would be "the 15th of December" here. Saying the month first is really awkward for me.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I was looking for the coquito in the fridge (where it should be :p ) and in the bar with no skill. It becomes available at the bar after level 2.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

Me too! Always! Even when the first number is clearly higher than 12 :D Takes a couple second for my brain to comprehend. We say the date first in my country, so it would be "the 15th of December" here. Saying the month first is really awkward for me.

Lol this exactly! When the latest kit was released I got confused cause I was like “huh but it’s not the 12th today”
    Cause my brain had just skimmed through and didn’t read the /02 that came after the 12 😂

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Alexai wrote: »

In canada we say it either way. Most people say it like December 15th. Idk about other English speaking countries but when I lived in Jamaica as a child I'm pretty sure it was the same too. And we still use the day/month/year format.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I love the new clutter items...very nice. But is there any way to find them easily?
    I struggled to track everything down. Still not sure why the fireplace tools were in activities and skills when they dont actually do anything!
  • Options
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    I love the new clutter items...very nice. But is there any way to find them easily?
    I struggled to track everything down. Still not sure why the fireplace tools were in activities and skills when they dont actually do anything!

• Options
    edited December 2021

I responded to a thread on this earlier on Answers HQ, but here's the gist of it:

This is a fairly new concept and at the moment there is no "new" indicator on items added to the base game, this is something the Sims team are exploring options with at the moment to find ways to make it more clear what items are added in these drops.

Best advice is to keep an eye on the News page here as well as on the Sims 4 Main Menu messaging for the most up to date info.

You can also follow our socials on Twitter and Instagram for updates that may be posted there. :)

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options

Or just poke Russkii on Twitter until she responds. 😜
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Hi! Was there a free hairstyle released with this delivery? I know we got the first one a week ago, but I thought there was to be a new hair. Did I drink a little too much eggnog last night and imagined it? :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Hi! Was there a free hairstyle released with this delivery? I know we got the first one a week ago, but I thought there was to be a new hair. Did I drink a little too much eggnog last night and imagined it? :D

Yes. 🥛
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member

Building a fire is an activity, and it also requires skill, too. Trust me I used to be a Girl Scout, then a Girl Scout Leader. Forget the gas starter. I've built 'em from scratch using cardboard egg cartons filled with dryer lint and sealed with wax. :open_mouth: The trick is the kindling and allowing for enough airflow between the logs.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

This is really useful because when I was building earlier the only thing I found was the tiny salt and pepper 😄

I thought the fruitcake was going to be a recipe. Though I quite like food deco items so I don't mind.