Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Their Loss

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
My level 9 acrobat auditioned for a gig at the Port-a-Party Mini Warehouse, and the proprietor said she wasn't good enough for his venue! Her only public performances before that were at the performance park, for one simfest, which she won, and one show of her own early in her career, which she bombed because she didn't have enough tricks and everybody got bored, and one show at Mick's Karaoke, where she did very well, but I thought her career level would prevent a rejection at the private venue. It was quite a surprise when he turned her down.

9f3q6RV.jpg

So I immediately sent her to the Binder Clips Center, and she got hired for a gig there. She gave a star performance and was paid $11,700.

j8mp0TQ.jpg

I'm thinking of not sending her back to the Port-a-Party, because why should I give them another chance at having her, when she's already been to the best place in town? But she has an opportunity to audition and perform a gig at a private venue, and the Port-a-Party is the only one in town. There's no lot big enough in Hidden Springs for one of the other private venues from Starlight Shores.

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I have had that happen before too, when the performer wasn't high enough celebrity or had not performed at enough venues, even though they were skill level 8 or 9. Not sure why, I just played other venues as you did.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I say make 'em regret it. There are some 20x20 lots at mysimrealty if you have room for those...maybe put one down, play at it enough to get a regular gig. Then every gameplay session make a small edit to the port a party to make it look more run down.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2021
    I say make 'em regret it. There are some 20x20 lots at mysimrealty if you have room for those...maybe put one down, play at it enough to get a regular gig. Then every gameplay session make a small edit to the port a party to make it look more run down.

Hmm, not a bad idea at all! I just might do that. Then eventually, I'll bulldoze it, and leave the proprietor out of a job. LOL! She doesn't need a regular gig there, though. She's going to go for that at the big show venue. One regular gig is all she'll need, or have time for once she and her husband start their family.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on