Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[CAS] Tall height

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
edited October 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

Just imagine if the sims could be tall.

image_11.jpg
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Eh. No thank you.
    Height discrimination and prejudice has no place in The Sims.

+ even as tall hagrid shaped human this makes no sense

except maybe the problems with objects being made for standard sized humans and hence resulting in uncomfort

but its not exactly something that id like add to my game

idk i guess it could be trait like high maintenance one tho

like sims getting uncomfortable from using smoll items and bumping their head on things and whatever
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2021
    I can't see it happen in Sims 4 as a more complex height / animation compatibility system needs to be put in place right from the start (7 years in is most likely too late) but I would like this to be a feature in a potential future title.

I use a height slider mod myself because it gives my sims more character. I just look away whenever interactions between two sims or a sim and an object looks sort of messed up. "K lady, that's my chin, not my lips." :D
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so want height slides in CAS.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2021
    As someone who is shorter than a lot of people (I'm 5 foot or 152 cm in RL), I have always wanted to be able to have slightly shorter sims in all of the games.

I have always felt it was unnatural for my female sims to be the same height as their male partners. I have never, ever dated a man who was my height (nor would I want to because he would be itty bitty! LOL).

So yeah, I'm on "team height difference" .... but I'm also realistic enough to understand why it's always been this way and that there is a 99.99999% chance it will ALWAYS be this way in the sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I can't see it happen in Sims 4 as a more complex height / animation compatibility system needs to be put in place right from the start (7 years in is most likely too late)

In TS2 and TS3 we had smaller teens, Maxis was able to do a lot of animations for them.

I hope they will find a way to add a Tall option.

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    No thanks. They would have to go back and rework every single animation from kissing to cooking the game would be a glitchy nightmare and these forums would fill up with the threads of those who asked for this screaming because their tall sim is giving a first kiss to the air above their short sim’s head, and their tall sim has the cooking pan hovering a foot above the stove, or the pan is on the stove but tall sim’s arm is stretched out to some odd unnatural length. Tall sim is putting clothes into the air pocket above the dryer door, or tall sim’s arm looks like a spaghetti noodle taking clothes from the washing machine. Clothes look weird on my tall sim. My tall sim clips through the ceiling of my low wall height home, “fix your game EA!”. No. Please God No! Just leave well enough alone.
  • Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I really want height sliders. I'd like to think it can be added to the game. It'd be a huge update but it would be awesome. It'd help with making different body types.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I can't see it happen in Sims 4 as a more complex height / animation compatibility system needs to be put in place right from the start (7 years in is most likely too late)

In TS2 and TS3 we had smaller teens, Maxis was able to do a lot of animations for them.

I hope they will find a way to add a Tall option.

And they were smaller from the start, not added in later.

Also having different height figures is not the same as a Height Slider, where people can choose the height of their characters in game. The tech to do that sort of dynamic adjustments to posing and animation is relatively new (I know Daz developed a variation for their Genesis figure line in 2012, and even in Daz you still have to manually adjust interactive poses if the figures aren't the same proportionally as the figures the poses were developed for.) And as the good Captain said, it would have to have been implemented from the beginning. Adding it now isn't practical, and probably not even possible.
  • Options
    ArrojacastArrojacast Posts: 24 Member
    I love the idea in theory, but I agree that it seems unlikely that it would be added in any sort of functional form.