Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who are the merchants in your game?

Marcus Flex and Elisa Pancakes are always selling something in my game. Also Yuki Behr and Sophia Bjerksen? are busking guitar and violin in my game. I got surprised Marcus and Elisa were selling the magic goods as happy ghosts...while my sims were in ROM..? Marcus is one of the members in my fitness club. He didn't show up when I started gathering club at the gym in San Mychuno. I found him selling food near the gym...

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I'm a bit further into my current game than I usually go so, Marcus has passed and the merchants are just random townies right now. It would have been nice if the magic vendors were sim ghosts instead of the projections of living sims. Kind of a missed opportunity if you ask me, but, eh, it is what it is.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    I'm a bit further into my current game than I usually go so, Marcus has passed and the merchants are just random townies right now. It would have been nice if the magic vendors were sim ghosts instead of the projections of living sims. Kind of a missed opportunity if you ask me, but, eh, it is what it is.

I agree that it would be really nice if the real ghost sims were the magic vendor.

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2021
    I actually went a step further. I created a household that manages retail stores that I use for buying most things in the catalog. So, instead of buying random items in the catalog, I created my own retail businesses that sell everything from clothes to furniture to groceries. I have auto aging turned off so most of my sims working in the stores are always there.

My only problem I ran into is that you have to be selective about what you sell in a retail store. There aren't enough potential spots for played households or lots for stores. At this point, you couldn't sell everything in the catalog from every pack even if you wanted to.

I also figured out some things about how the game picks potential employees.

Sims with creative skills tend to get placed as entertainers. I have a lounge that sometimes has a sim from a played household performing NPC tasks.

My Creative Twin was an Entertainer at a lounge I created. He's got high level creative skills and a natural talent for developing creative skills. He actually does performances like telling jokes and playing instruments and does it well. He's a Marine Biologist, but having a career did not stop the game from giving him the role.

His mom and dad are sometimes vendors at Sulani Festival stalls. They also have careers, but I guess the game treats them like they are Sulani Residents. They do live in Sulani.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    As for potential employees, Vets can only be hired if they have

Level 4 Vet
    Level 5 Charisma
    Level 5 Handiness

Once you max these levels or level them higher, the game will stop giving you the option to hire that sim.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    In San Myshuno, one of my sims, Kylen, would busk with a violin or guitar in every neighborhood. He's in the Musician Entertainer Career, and he has high level skills playing the guitar and violin.

My sims that have high level painting skills will sell their art at festivals and in the art district in San Myshuno.

I've had sims that I uploaded get placed as bartenders if I haven't played them. I do feel like Bartending is an NPC role that isn't influenced by sim skill level, and I feel like the game artificially gives them the skills they need.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Mostly in my game they are now just random townies that I have assigned as vendors with the NPCC mod.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    My most prominent family, the Markovs, tend to show up hawking their art or playing music around San Myshuno; this is a bit odd because only one household from the family—Nataliya Bernard, who took her husband Titus' name when they married—even lives in the city. The rest live in Newcrest (or "Markovgorod" as it's nicknamed in my simworld.) Occasionally there are random townies performing the same function, and the game-generated vendors have stayed pretty constant since so far none have been tapped for marrying into my played households.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I see mostly Vlad, Don Lothario, Eva Capricciosa and Caleb Vatore being merchants in my saves.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I downloaded a version of the Broke family that I saw on the gallery, and Brandi is ALWAYS a vendor. It's so appropriate.
  • Options
    GeraldZeddGeraldZedd Posts: 4 New Member
    Don Lothario in my game
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    In San Myshuno, one of my sims, Kylen, would busk with a violin or guitar in every neighborhood. He's in the Musician Entertainer Career, and he has high level skills playing the guitar and violin.

My sims that have high level painting skills will sell their art at festivals and in the art district in San Myshuno.

I've had sims that I uploaded get placed as bartenders if I haven't played them. I do feel like Bartending is an NPC role that isn't influenced by sim skill level, and I feel like the game artificially gives them the skills they need.

How can you make that? Because my sims are maxed at all musical instruments but they never do busking in public venue while they are inactive.

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    None of my sims - they sell everything via Plopsy lol. Otherwise, the usual suspects, Don, Eva, etc.