Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Spooktacular Gift Exchange - CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Awww, I'm so sorry I missed this. Can't wait to see everyone's spooky designs though :)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Sorry you missed the deadline for joining this time @LadyEmillye :(
    If you'd like, I can make a note to let you know when the next one happens.
  • Options
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Start listing the 50 things :)
    50-things-to-do-during-spooktober.png

1. Make my Buddy a gift

You next!!

2. Decorate for the season. Funny or spooky, it's all good!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited October 2021
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Start listing the 50 things :)
    50-things-to-do-during-spooktober.png

1. Make my Buddy a gift

You next!!

2. Decorate for the season. Funny or spooky, it's all good!

buy and eat candy. i live in apartment so the trick or tretors go into the residential areas so i don't get any.

i missed this too so i'm cheerleading and hopefully being encouraging to those who are struggling with issues as you know i experinced some of the same ones so been there.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited October 2021
    4. Watch scary movies!!

Autumn, chilly weather, the beginning of all the best holidays, and football. This is my favorite time of year!!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Watch "Nightmare Before Christmas". (That's the closest thing I'm ever going to come to an actual scary movie! And it's not scary! :D)
  • Options
    Watch "Nightmare Before Christmas". (That's the closest thing I'm ever going to come to an actual scary movie! And it's not scary! :D)

thats the way i feel about the 6th sense. which is as close as i get to watching a scary movie also not scary.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited October 2021
    "50 Things To Do During Spooktober??"

Busting your tail, FINISHING your secret buddy's gift, AND having time to create the additional "things" that go with it!!!! :#

Allllll while going back to work, and working on EVERYTHING on my days off, and in-between. B)

((all that has to be done now is, playtesting and LOTS of picture taking))
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    "50 Things To Do During Spooktober??"

Busting your tail, FINISHING your secret buddy's gift, AND having time to create the additional "things" that go with it!!!! :#

Allllll while going back to work, and working on EVERYTHING on my days off, and in-between. B)

((all that has to be done now is, playtesting and LOTS of picture taking))

you have a job known you forever didn't know that. :) sorry that came out more suprised than encouraging. glad your back on track gift wise.
  • Options
    Gifting Time is almost here!
    How exciting!!
  • Options
    How exciting!!

for me too andi'm not even in it. but work has been a little stre

ssful so excited to see what everyone made.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    snipped

you have a job known you forever didn't know that. :) sorry that came out more surprised than encouraging. glad your back on track gift wise.

Yes!!! After 3 and a half years of being RETIRED, stress, anxiety and depression were setting in waaaaaaay to deep. And I wasn't about to let myself fall down that "rabbit hole". Soooo.... I applied at SEVERAL places, and was HIRED at Walmart !! So now, I'm what you would call, SEMI retired.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    snipped

you have a job known you forever didn't know that. :) sorry that came out more surprised than encouraging. glad your back on track gift wise.

Yes!!! After 3 and a half years of being RETIRED, stress, anxiety and depression were setting in waaaaaaay to deep. And I wasn't about to let myself fall down that "rabbit hole". Soooo.... I applied at SEVERAL places, and was HIRED at Walmart !! So now, I'm what you would call, SEMI retired.

thats cool i mean that it helped you with stress and the other stuff. i had the same reaction when i found out mama d had one. between work rl haven't been here much. then mr coffee chose this morning too die. just oreded a new coffeemaker

game issues and internet outages not here as much. and now i have to get a coffee maker cause mr coffee decied to die this morning. my stress reliver. lol,
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    Hellooooooo my awesome Buddy!!!

Just updating you on your gift.... it is FINISHED!! Pictures have been taken. All that is left is for me to WRITE UP the story.

Seeing as this week is going to be a CRAZY one - my nephew is getting married on Halloween... I have to work Wednesday THRU Saturday... I have been thinking of TAKING my laptop with me (to the hotel), so I can do the write up. IF I forget to, I am off for a few days after Halloween, and I can do it then, AND get your gift uploaded. For now tho... let me play it by ear.

p.s. EVERYTHING has already been saved to my library. ;)B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Hellooooooo my awesome Buddy!!!

Just updating you on your gift.... it is FINISHED!! Pictures have been taken. All that is left is for me to WRITE UP the story.

Seeing as this week is going to be a CRAZY one - my nephew is getting married on Halloween... I have to work Wednesday THRU Saturday... I have been thinking of TAKING my laptop with me (to the hotel), so I can do the write up. IF I forget to, I am off for a few days after Halloween, and I can do it then, AND get your gift uploaded. For now tho... let me play it by ear.

p.s. EVERYTHING has already been saved to my library. ;)B)

i knew you had nothing to worry about :):):)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    How exciting!!

I'm getting pretty excited
    time-as-gift-18457885.jpg
  • Options
    I am getting excited to see everyone's gifts!

I took all my photos today, hoping to get some time to put the slideshow together tomorrow after work. :smile: Then just waiting for the gifting days
  • Options
    leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm in a weird combo of being really excited, but also really nervous that my buddy won't like it :sweat_smile:
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    I'm getting pretty excited
    I am getting excited to see everyone's gifts!

Yay! Looking forward to seeing what everyone has made as well.
    I'm in a weird combo of being really excited, but also really nervous that my buddy won't like it :sweat_smile:

I can understand that. It's how I feel/felt each time I participated as a Buddy. This may or may not help but know that your Buddy will love it because you built it especially for them. And ... others will like/love it too! This is something that might not have been created because it took the inspiration you found in your Buddy's letter to bring it about. And being based on the letter makes it one-of-a-kind.

This is me tossing my two cents around. If it doesn't apply to your situation, grab the coins and run :D
  • Options

Same? When my gift suddenly… ahem, “shifted” …I knew I had to go with it. Aaaaannnnnnnnd, it just snowballed from there.

However, I’m sure your gift is fabulous, and your buddy will like it.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    I can understand that. It's how I feel/felt each time I participated as a Buddy. This may or may not help but know that your Buddy will love it because you built it especially for them. And ... others will like/love it too! This is something that might not have been created because it took the inspiration you found in your Buddy's letter to bring it about. And being based on the letter makes it one-of-a-kind.

This is me tossing my two cents around. If it doesn't apply to your situation, grab the coins and run :D

Same? When my gift suddenly… ahem, “shifted” …I knew I had to go with it. Aaaaannnnnnnnd, it just snowballed from there.

However, I’m sure your gift is fabulous, and your buddy will like it.

Y'all are too kind, thank you so much. I think my buddy will like it, if nothing else, it'll still be a thoughtful gift :)
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @BreeMiles @Clousinators @leochick123 @MsPrissy88 @seaben and @Simming_Spoonie

Gifting Time begins TOMORROW !!!!

Since a few of you are new to being a Buddy, here's a little extra information on how gifting works:

Once Gifting Time commences, I will change the title of the thread and leave a comment indicating that it's time. Once those two things happen, please feel free to begin gifting your person.

How do you gift?
    1. Upload your gift to the Gallery - please add the hashtag #Spooktacular2021 in your descriptions

2. Leave a message here for your Buddy - be sure to @ their forum name so they get a notification and know where to look
    2b. Think of the thread message as a gift card to your Buddy - write a note to them, include screenshots and/or link to slideshow (this is the "picture" of your card) and anything else that will personalize it.
    2c. Please remember to add the link to your Gallery item so it's easier for them (and others!) to find it.
    2d. Lastly, the focus is not on what you did because we already know you put forth your best effort! The focus is on making your Buddy feel special ... because they are! (you are a Buddy so that means you, too!!)

3. Feel free to Like/Fave and download any Buddy gift - we all love new game goodies!
    3b. Leaving comments/compliments about the creations is another gift - oooh and ahhh to your heart's content here in the thread and on their Gallery upload!

And ...
    Last but not least,

4. Please remember your Buddy Letter was a list of things you would like to have and not mandated as a must-do-this-and-this. If your Buddy was inspired to go in another direction, that's okay. Be kind to each other when thanking your person.
    4b. If you have an issue for whatever reason, send me a PM and let's have a conversation about it. Do not go directly to your Buddy!

Thank you and see you at Gifting Time !!!!
    Addy
  • Options
    kindof on topic. work had a bunch of leftover candy. so i got candy without buying it.i took 3 bags then forgot i won't see my nieces til thanksgiving. i work tommorrow but hope to stop by and see how everthing looks
  • Options
    I have a family event mid-day tomorrow but I will definitely be on in the evening to post all the gifts and to look at everyone else's :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top