Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    The only thing I can think of right now that annoys me in The Sims 4 is when they put their fingers in their ears, get out earwax, then put it in their salads when they have 0, or 1 cooking skill.
    Wait. I recall another. I don't like my Sims washing their dishes in the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen.
    And, another, how do my houses get so extremely dusty every day? In real life, you only need to vacuum about once a week or so. Why are we vacuuming daily?
    And, why can't we dust with the broom and dustpan on the non-carpeted floors?
    And, why don't we ever need to iron our clothes?
    And, why do our sims wash every individual dish one at a time? I only ever behaved that way once in an apartment, because I had almost no dishes, so I had to do that. But, most people build up a load of dishes in the sink to wash later. Or, they use a dishwasher, which also gets loaded up before done, unlike how it worked in Sims 3 where they dishwashed every individual dish.
  • Options
    I have another one. Why do we have various teeth options that go with dentistry being done, but there's no dentistry in the game? Why can't I have a dentist?
    And, why does it take so long to do everything out of our Sims' short days, instead of just giving them longer days?
    And, why can't we vary our game speed & time between the really fast gameplay we're so used to, and realtime so we can slow it down and enjoy it at a real-life speed?
  • Options
    And, why can't our Sims years reflect real-life years in length of months and seasons?
    And, why doesn't our Sims' aging scale with our year-length instead of always being aging options too short compared to the longest years?
    And, why does no one ever have a tan, or sunburn since that was put in, despite no one is using sunblock?
    And, why are Outdoorsy Sims incapable of being in their house for over thirty minutes before they start demanding to go back outside for the rest of the day? Are they wild animals?
    And, why are my outdoors sims getting the Indoorsy lifestyle while outside all the time?
  • Options
    And, why am I paying monthly utility bills, and yearly taxes every week? No wonder my Sims are so poor.

And, they told the disabled community they wanted to put disability in the game, yet there's still disabled sims without disabled benefits (Erratic, Gloomy, Paranoid, etc.) in the game, and there's still not better representation of various common disabilities.
    It isn't difficult to put in SSI, and SSDI. And, it isn't difficult to put in more common disabilities.

And, why do adults have bicycles without children, and teens? Most bicycle-riding in real life is done by teens and children.

And, why no hoverboards, segways, scooters, rollerblades, rollerskates, skateboards, trampolines, etc.?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I just started playing a family in Sulani. I'm trying to play where the entire world is empty and little by little you build a town by getting walk-bys to move in. Anyway...it's boring and I've not been paying attention, but I definitely found a new annoyance. Whenever my sims are supposed to be asleep, one of them has gotten up and gone swimming in the ocean until they are completely depleted of energy, just in time for work or school. It's all 3 of them doing it, but only one at a time. I am pulling my hair out at this. They don't even live on a lot that has beach access...they walk a sim hour to get there!

@Mstybl95 that does sound annoying. Sorry to see you're having issues so soon after returning to the game.

• Options
    boneethuggboneethugg Posts: 15 Member
    I don't like how some townies don't have homes in the game, I made my sim marry a random and turns out he was basically homeless.

I know this is an age old complaint but eat faster I shouldn't have to download a mod to have reasonably eating time, that should be in base game.

I don't know if I'm crazy but it seems like townies can never upgrade their skills or careers on their own, like how have you gone through young adult AND adulthood and you are still a level three vet?
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    ImDragone wrote: »
    I have another one. Why do we have various teeth options that go with dentistry being done, but there's no dentistry in the game? Why can't I have a dentist?

No way! Adding dentists to the game is definitely too much reality for me, I'm here to escape reality. Cavities and any other dental problems do not exist in my sim world. lol
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2022
    This so much, I can live with most situational outfits that NPC's generate into because they can be quite giggle-worthy. But when it's your own sim, who has a better sense of fashion than most NPC's. I can't help but be annoyed, like what's the point of creating a spellcaster with a spellcaster-esque outfit, if they're just going to switch into a randomly generated outfit?
    Indeed. Sims (including my own minus specific ones) wearing stupid outfits for some festival I can handle because it is a brief special occasion. With RoM though, here's this world specifically aimed for spellcasters for their everyday needs but then your spellcaster will show up in there dressed nothing like you wanted to. After the game gives you all these cool CaS contents to customize them. Seriously, one of the reasons why I got this GP was because I loved the customization but then my spellcaster ignores those in the actual spellcaster realm while only being what I envisioned in other worlds which have nothing to do with magic.
    ImDragone wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of right now that annoys me in The Sims 4 is when they put their fingers in their ears, get out earwax, then put it in their salads when they have 0, or 1 cooking skill.
    Lol yeah. I just recently observed this and was like "What are you doing? Just because you're bad at cooking doesn't mean you're completely clueless about hygiene!" Would make more sense if the interaction was reserved for slob sims only. Though now that I think of it, this particular sim might have been a slob, I can't quite remember since I was kinda simultaneously playing several families with sims with 0 cooking skill. Is it actually reserved for slobs only, I would hope so but I really think they are not. I recall back in TS2 sims who had like no points in "neat" had their own animations for eating which were pretty hilarious. Would love it if sims in TS4 had more distinction between animations/reactions depending on their traits.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    This so much, I can live with most situational outfits that NPC's generate into because they can be quite giggle-worthy. But when it's your own sim, who has a better sense of fashion than most NPC's. I can't help but be annoyed, like what's the point of creating a spellcaster with a spellcaster-esque outfit, if they're just going to switch into a randomly generated outfit?
    Indeed. Sims (including my own minus specific ones) wearing stupid outfits for some festival I can handle because it is a brief special occasion. With RoM though, here's this world specifically aimed for spellcasters for their everyday needs but then your spellcaster will show up in there dressed nothing like you wanted to. After the game gives you all these cool CaS contents to customize them. Seriously, one of the reasons why I got this GP was because I loved the customization but then my spellcaster ignores those in the actual spellcaster realm while only being what I envisioned in other worlds which have nothing to do with magic.

I hated this as well. The way I solved it was to mod all of the situational outfits out (with MCCC) so that sims only wear their everyday clothing. Then I made sure that the default everyday outfit looked appropriate for the Realm. I even took time to edit all of the townies that the game generated for the Realm. Everyone looks suitable, now.

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited January 2022
    And, another, how do my houses get so extremely dusty every day? In real life, you only need to vacuum about once a week or so. Why are we vacuuming daily?

Lucky you. I have to dust/vacuum everyday in my apartment. If I left it a week I wouldn't be able to breathe.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Lucky you. I have to dust/vacuum everyday in my apartment. If I left it a week I wouldn't be able to breathe.

It really depends on where you live. Both the climate/region of the world, and also what is nearby.

When I lived in Southern California I had to dust pretty much every day and vacuum every few days. Living now in a suburb of Chicago I can go 2-3 weeks without dusting without noticing any dust, particularly in Winter; except for when construction was happening next door, then I had to do it once a week.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    All infants look so creepy that I age them up so I don't have to look at them. Children and new game generated Sims that are not premade, age up wearing the most hideous clothing combinations. Generally, I don't care what humans wear. However, in my game, my eyes drift towards the things that are disorderly and I have to fix them. It annoys me because I am a perfectionist and I am compelled to do it, even if I don't want to, just to make the annoying thing go away.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Sick strays. I don't mind strays walking around but nearly all of them are ill and it's depressing. Turned the bar in Brindleton into a cat cafe and it's full of sick cats. Not exactly a fun atmosphere.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    - Railings on both sides
    - Quick change in emotions
    - Sims have to pay the entire bill in a restaurant even if they were invited
    - Random sims walking into your home
    - Random sims joining your conversations
    - Picnics tied to tables
    - Musical chairs
    - Basements are very dark / lights are too weak
    - It‘s difficult to make good looking sims
    - Townies
  • Options
    frese12frese12 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Onverser said:
    > As the title says, what are some trivial things in the game that bug you?

I don't know if its trivial but it really annoys me that they never finished the home decorator career. Any of the assignments that include an addition of a room or level just don't work. I thought they would have fixed this by now but they haven't even attempted to correct any of this. It's really disappointing, I was most excited about this pack just for the career and I feel like I've wasted my money :(
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited January 2022
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Sick strays. I don't mind strays walking around but nearly all of them are ill and it's depressing. Turned the bar in Brindleton into a cat cafe and it's full of sick cats. Not exactly a fun atmosphere.

I installed a mod to stop this from happening because it was driving me insane. For a team that said "we're not giving you outdoor dog houses/kennels, because they're "cruel", " they sure have no problem with allowing strays to wander around ill or smelly. Like simulating one aspect of people's lives with their pets is wrong, but it's perfectly fine to make strays be ill, like how many irl strays get sick? The priorities of this dev team are way off the mark sometimes, istg.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2022
    When your mermaid is cleaning up Sulani beach and the Sim littering on the beach is another mermaid. :scream:
    Really Kalamainu'u Iona? You live in the ocean. Do you want to swim in this slimy pollution?
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    When your mermaid is cleaning up Sulani beach and the Sim littering on the beach is another mermaid. :scream:
    Really Kalamainu'u Iona? You live in the ocean. Do you want to swim in this slimy pollution?

Yeah, they really didn't give any thought to who the "litterers" were, heck you could say that about most of the Townies and randomly generated sims. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    InametaphorInametaphor Posts: 6 New Member
    > @RoboSpongie said:
    > I found it oddly strange pregnant sims can't do regular yoga without mods yet they can spar with the training robot?
    >
    > Now that I think about it they do really strange bans for perfectly fine activities like yoga, jogging, etc
    >
    > Not sure if some have been fixed by now been using a mod up to date lately that makes the restrictions less strict
    >
    > But it kinda bugs me as a generation run player

Yesssss. It’s a weirdly archaic notion for pregnant people to not be able to do any physical activity at all. On top of that, my pregnant sims can’t go for a light jog, but they can repair a fridge?
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2022
    That when I am away with one member of the household and I come back at 3am, noone is in bed, especially considering children it is really a pet peeve of mine :( All I want is for things to make sense...
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Does anyone else find it annoying when Sims immediately want to sit when talking? Sometimes, I just want my Sims to chat while standing. They'll often sit in different places and turn their heads like owls to talk to each other.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited January 2022

OMG, this. WHY can't we rescue and treat/cure the sick stray animals? We could use some new traits and aspirations dealing with animal rescue or, at least allow vets and animal lovers the ability to treat/cure sick strays.

Betty White would totally approve.

ETA: I would love to have a working cat cafe, animal rescue/adoption center.
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Getting treasure maps when digging for collectables, I'd rather just get an actual collectable. And it seems to happen frequently.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member

I installed a mod to stop this from happening because it was driving me insane. For a team that said "we're not giving you outdoor dog houses/kennels, because they're "cruel", " they sure have no problem with allowing strays to wander around ill or smelly. Like simulating one aspect of people's lives with their pets is wrong, but it's perfectly fine to make strays be ill, like how many irl strays get sick? The priorities of this dev team are way off the mark sometimes, istg.

I don't think this was intentional. They're just unable to fix it.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

I don't think this was intentional. They're just unable to fix it.

A team of trained developers are unable to fix it? I think it’s more a case of they just don’t bother to fix it. I have been using LittleMsSams mod to fix this issue. If a mod creator can fix it then I fail to believe that the creators of the game can’t.