Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    edited January 2022
    The tense buff doesn't decrease when my jealous sim calls their partner.

The style influencer outfits must be a joke I don't understand.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Illnesses. So very irritating. This mechanic really disrupts gameflow.

You have to wait around for the illness to take effect, before you can do anything. Tea and naps are meant to be a preventative, but in all my experiments the illness always outruns both of these, so your sim will be doing nothing but drinking tea and naps for the sim to end up taking medicine anyway.

This is also a really tedious process - hunt down a computer, buy the medicine, open inventory, take the medicine and then you get the hated energised moodlet for hours which means the sim's only goal in life is to train to be a fitness instructor, regardless of traits, likes/dislikes, etc.

Whatever you wanted to do before the first symptoms showed is now completely wrecked because of course its contagious and so basically the whole household is pretty much trashed for a few days.

Cheating it away isn't so easy either. This mechanic goes deep. I wish this amount of effort and depth had gone into the myriad of other mechanics of the game

I think you can buy medicine on your phone under buy gifts.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Illnesses. So very irritating. This mechanic really disrupts gameflow.

You have to wait around for the illness to take effect, before you can do anything. Tea and naps are meant to be a preventative, but in all my experiments the illness always outruns both of these, so your sim will be doing nothing but drinking tea and naps for the sim to end up taking medicine anyway.

This is also a really tedious process - hunt down a computer, buy the medicine, open inventory, take the medicine and then you get the hated energised moodlet for hours which means the sim's only goal in life is to train to be a fitness instructor, regardless of traits, likes/dislikes, etc.

Whatever you wanted to do before the first symptoms showed is now completely wrecked because of course its contagious and so basically the whole household is pretty much trashed for a few days.

Cheating it away isn't so easy either. This mechanic goes deep. I wish this amount of effort and depth had gone into the myriad of other mechanics of the game

I think you can buy medicine on your phone under buy gifts.

So you can! Thank you :) That is at least one small step removed!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    What is annoying me right now is that finding homes on the Gallery is proving to be a big waste of my time.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    What is annoying me right now is that finding homes on the Gallery is proving to be a big waste of my time.

I feel for you. I gather the thing I mentioned in another thread about checking what items from a pack is used doesn't work on console? Either way, it's tedious.

When you filter by game packs it should only show items which ONLY use items from the packs that you select rather than what it does, which is show all items that use those packs even if they also use items from packs you did not select. Makes that whole filter totally useless.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,897 Member
    I feel that too omg ! ...and i have become good at interior design just using the shells... for me its because i dont use moveobject, but i do other cheat. We all have are own recipie, it is a complex game :wink:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2022
    How the game shames you for putting pets up for adoption and actually counts it as neglect. I was testing stuff in one of my saves and a family who has 4 dogs and needed more room put one up for adoption. Everyone in the household, except the one who did the deed, became extremely sad and had a moodlet about a "pet taken away due to neglect". Bruh, that's not what happened. One of the residents is a 5 star celebrity, so then some random person even decided to screech "How could you neglect a fluffy little pet?" and then he lost a bunch of reputation. Riiiight.
    Anyways, this thing didn't stick in my game because I then tested whether the dog appeared in an adoption menu for my other family. He did not. So I was like "Screw this!" and reverted back and just used the neighborhood editing tools to move the dog between families. No unnecessary drama that way too. I fully understand feeling upset about having to put up a pet for adoption but there's a very big difference between that and the pet having to be rescued because their needs are being ignored.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Whenever I invite people over for a party- like Thanksgiving for example- some non-active family members tend to go outside to swim in my active household's pool. One of my legacy sims- he was still single and childless- froze to death in my active household's pool on Thanksgiving!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    @HillyBeth, this is why I put pools in fenced in yards and I lock those doors and gates when I have visitors over. Pools and Cow Plants...always behind lockable gates/doors set to Household Only. . .unless I want to feed them.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    When I have a Sim living near a skating rink I see a lot of brand new townies that have Skating Level 5. They're not employed but they sure can skate. They're like the other unnecessary townies that the game generates - Weirdoes with high skills, unnecessary Gardeners at parks who do nothing but play chess and bother everyone, and Master Fishermen who appear everywhere there's a fishing spot.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The fact you can't wear the "heart of Sulani", it's a necklace for petes sake, it should be a wearable item once you unlock it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    The restaurants!! I love making them or downloading. However, when my Sims go to the restaurant we literally have to go at noon and do not leave until 8! Sometimes they do not serve what I order at all but still charge full price! Or they will feed my Sims one thing we ordered and that is all! So slow, so annoying! I love the concept but it needs a little refresher IMO
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    When there is a wedding, where is the officiant? They seem to just be able to declare themselves married on their own lol.
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    > @manicobsessive said:
    > When there is a wedding, where is the officiant? They seem to just be able to declare themselves married on their own lol.

that part! 100%
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Incoming mini rant:

When was it decided that sims in Windenburg would walk around looking for a fight? I play rotational so it's been a while since I have played long sessions in the heart of it (the pavement area). Recently I noticed that 2 of my sims living there had several red bars in their relationship panels. I just shrugged it off and deleted those using MCC. Until the other day I had one of them throw a birthday party. Forget that the guests spawned by the house instead of the front door. One of his aunts got into a fight with a passerby. Seconds later I noticed one of my Brindleton sims prancing away from a Windenburg resident after supposedly winning a fight.

So I looked into the bug forums and the thread had some sporadic reports over the years. But at the end of the day, Windenburg is rowdy by design. It's not enough that I keep track of the calendar to delete the Neighborhood Brawl "holiday." Or that I skipped EL to not deal with sentient worlds. Or that I seldom create Mean and Hot-Tempered sims. The game just decides to provoke fights for snorts and giggles in Windenburg. I had not seen it happen until now. Maybe because some of my favorite families used to live in the greener areas. But then again one of them used to live in the lot where the mayhem occurred. I ended up moving that sim to Mt. Komorebi.

Edit: Tldr; the worlds shouldn't decide how my sims behave. I do.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    My sim is currently leaving the prepared meal on top of the counter top stove so when I tell them to cook something they can't because the dirty plates on the stove top. Now true, this happens at my house all the time, but I don't want it in my gameplay.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    The whole neighbor story. Sims ask if they should make friends with so and so and yet when you play that household later on, they don't know said sim at all despite messages beforehand saying that they became friends. It's so close, yet still not close enough to a story progression. I just want unplayed sims to actually form relationships and make the worlds lively.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Whenever I invite people over for a party- like Thanksgiving for example- some non-active family members tend to go outside to swim in my active household's pool. One of my legacy sims- he was still single and childless- froze to death in my active household's pool on Thanksgiving!

I think there needs to be the term "Sim-proofing"! :lol:
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    Incoming mini rant:

When was it decided that sims in Windenburg would walk around looking for a fight? I play rotational so it's been a while since I have played long sessions in the heart of it (the pavement area). Recently I noticed that 2 of my sims living there had several red bars in their relationship panels. I just shrugged it off and deleted those using MCC. Until the other day I had one of them throw a birthday party. Forget that the guests spawned by the house instead of the front door. One of his aunts got into a fight with a passerby. Seconds later I noticed one of my Brindleton sims prancing away from a Windenburg resident after supposedly winning a fight.

So I looked into the bug forums and the thread had some sporadic reports over the years. But at the end of the day, Windenburg is rowdy by design. It's not enough that I keep track of the calendar to delete the Neighborhood Brawl "holiday." Or that I skipped EL to not deal with sentient worlds. Or that I seldom create Mean and Hot-Tempered sims. The game just decides to provoke fights for snorts and giggles in Windenburg. I had not seen it happen until now. Maybe because some of my favorite families used to live in the greener areas. But then again one of them used to live in the lot where the mayhem occurred. I ended up moving that sim to Mt. Komorebi.

I don't know if you're still having this problem, but if you are have you checked to see if the Roughhousing Encouraged NAP is enabled?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Incoming mini rant:

I don't know if you're still having this problem, but if you are have you checked to see if the Roughhousing Encouraged NAP is enabled?

That's the thing. I don't own EL precisely because I didn't want to deal with the NAPs mess and the theme didn't interest me anyway. There's a bug report about "Random attacks against sims in Windenburg" from 2019 with replies up to last month. It's still on Needs Saves status. But the general speculation is that these random fights in Winderburg are by design. I have owned Get Together since it was released and never noticed this until the other day.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2022
    The way sims are glued to the TV all night during a new year party because of the countdown to midnight tradition. They don't even interact with each other at all. I wish this tradition could be fixed so it only affect sims for the last 30 minutes of the sim year.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Incoming mini rant:

That's the thing. I don't own EL precisely because I didn't want to deal with the NAPs mess and the theme didn't interest me anyway. There's a bug report about "Random attacks against sims in Windenburg" from 2019 with replies up to last month. It's still on Needs Saves status. But the general speculation is that these random fights in Winderburg are by design. I have owned Get Together since it was released and never noticed this until the other day.

Oh, that's strange. I haven't noticed it either but I'll keep an eye out.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    After the game stuck over a dozen mermadic kelps in my sims inventory I finally took the hint and turned him into a mermaid, and of course in addition to the random tail he got a bunch of random jewelry including eye glasses. Can't imagine how it'd make sense for a sim that doesn't have glasses in any of his other outfits to put on a pair for swimming.
    The cake is a lie
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Those stupid umbrellas! So far I managed to avoid my sims having to use them until last night, my newly turned vampire pops one out while trying to get some training from Vlad. It's late at night, he has the Waterproof trait so rain should not bother him, and he's never had an umbrella in his inventory. Still don't see any umbrellas in his inventory that I could simply delete. Does vampires have some innate (and inane) ability to conjure umbrellas?
    The cake is a lie
  • mushroompickingmushroompicking Posts: 10 New Member
    Without mods, if my sim has an affair and gets pregnant from it, my sim can't confess to the affair and the spouse won't question the child at all. Not even a negative sentiment. ??? Really immersion breaking for me