Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**I'M A SURVIVOR**ON HIATUS - CH 41 - VISIT WITH THE BALA TRIBE - NOV 30

Comments

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited September 2021
    Chapter 18: Llama Tribe - Slip Sllidin' Away Immunity Challenge #1
    Ingrid, Christopher, & Josiah looked like naturals on the slip & slide. Stan, Acacia, & Nanna did well to recover for their second round. Can't wait to see the other tribes turns on this.

Also, strange to see that Ingrid is at the moment the most fit of the sims on this tribe. I'd have assumed that Nanna was.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    That was fun!

Too bad the Llama Tribe got off TLA slow start. That could come back to bite them!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Chapter 18
    Oh dear Acacia messed her first attempt up - her faceplant was hilarious though :D

Aha but on her second go she did my favourite slide trick (the suave slide). Hopefully she redeemed herself!
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @divanthesimmer @MaggieMarley @pammiechick @VanPelt81 @EliteGirl @Irishsong @LegacySims2017 @Skeilah @Minraed @MonaSolstraale @Karababy52 @lisabee2

Good evening simmers!
    I had a busy weekend, and this is month-end for me at work, so a bit busy at work, too. But, I did have time to get a new chapter up! And here it is! The 'Slip Slidin' Away Immunity Challenge" continues with the Freezer Bunny Tribe. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Enjoy!

Chapter 19: Freezer Bunny Tribe - Slip Slidin' Away - Immunity Challenge # 1

freezer-bunny-tribe-gilligan-cover.png
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Chapter 19: Freezer Bunny Tribe - Slip Slidin' Away - Immunity Challenge # 1
    I was definitely disappointed in Adam at the start. The only one who wiped out on round 1. I was ready to prepare to vote him out myself even if he is my creation. :grimace: But he redeemed himself in round 2. Sadly it wasn't enough for the tribe. I laughed at the way the game posed him that it looks like Adam ripped his swim trunks.

@SoulGal7 - Are you going to have a day at the tribal camp before putting up the voting poll? I'd like to see how they're interacting with each other before I cast my vote when it's time for that. I can't really base my vote off from just the challenge right now.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Chapter 19
    Still loving this challenge. Love it when they do that little 'roar' with the slide slide trick. The fails on this challenge are so funny, I particularly liked Frieda's faceplant :D Chelsey and Lee did really well!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @LegacySims2017 & whoever else is curious. Yes, after this challenge, there will be a partial day again with the tribes before Tribal Council so they can interact with each other some more. After the last challenge, the lots were changed back to Residential lots from the Tiny Living Residential Lots, so no further bonuses on skills or relationships.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @divanthesimmer @MaggieMarley @pammiechick @VanPelt81 @EliteGirl @Irishsong @LegacySims2017 @Skeilah @Minraed @MonaSolstraale @Karababy52 @lisabee2

Good morning simmers!
    A new chapter is up for I'm A Survivor. The last tribe, the Gnome Tribe, competes in the Slip Slidin' Away Immunity Challenge! Can they beat the Llama Tribe who are the reigning champs? Read on and find out! Comments and suggestions are always appreciated. Enjoy!

The Reader Voting Poll will be out tomorrow. Thanks :)

Chapter 20: Gnome Tribe - Slip Slidin' Away - Immunity Challenge # 1

AND-THAT-CONCLUDES-THE-CHALLENGE.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    Chapter 20
    Congrats to the gnome tribe for winning! Eve pulled it out of the bag with that slide slide :)

Hoping that Acacia can survive the next tribal council!
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited September 2021
    My thoughts on the Slip N' Slide challenge:
    Ouch, poor Frieda. She definitely didn't do so hot on "I'm A Survivor". On the other hand, at least the Gnome Tribe did well. I guess Tristan will be up for challenge #3, I'm not sure he'll do well on the third challenge though. I just feel like Frieda's going to get eliminated, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Chapter 20: Gnome Tribe - Slip Slidin' Away - Immunity Challenge # 1
    Oh, wow. I'm so proud of Eve right now. And poor Buck. Water slidin' is just not his thing.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Good morning,
    Thanks everyone for reading and commenting. :)

@LegacySims2017 -
    Is it good to say that Eve does some of her best work while dazed? lol I was even holding my breath when she did that trick slide. As they are all random, it kind of adds to the fun of not knowing. hehehe

@EliteGirl
    Tristan was amazing at the Slip Slidin' Away Challenge. And all of this is random, so you never know what sims will do. As as we saw from both the cooking and water slide challenges, their skills in cooking and fitness really didn't help them at all. A lot of the tribe members in the Freezer Bunny Tribe didn't do well in their second slides. We'll see what happens in the vote.

@MaggieMarley
    I think the Llama Tribe is in shock with the Gnome Tribe's victory. Everyone is coming up with their own strategies now on how not to get voted off. And even Acacia has her own plan! hehehe
  • Options
    @divanthesimmer @MaggieMarley @pammiechick @VanPelt81 @EliteGirl @Irishsong @LegacySims2017 @Skeilah @Minraed @MonaSolstraale @lisabee2 @Karababy52

Good morning simmers,
    As promised, the READER VOTE is now up. Who is going home from the Llama Tribe and the Freezer Bunny Tribe? Poll Closes on Tuesday, September 28th at midnight EST. Thank you for Voting!

Chapter 21: Tribal Council # 2 ~ Reader Vote

tribal-counci-vote-2-new-cover.png
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 - Are you going to post something with them at their tribe(s) before the votes close? I'd like to see them interacting with each other at the tribe camp before voting. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 - Unfortunately, I am keeping it the same as last time. When the poll closes, then I will post the chapters on the tribe visit before Tribal Council. Because normally in those chapters, I post whatever new alliances have formed. I have just finished the Llama Tribe and will be working on the Freezer Bunny Tribe next. They are going to be visited for 6 hours for each tribe. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Then I probably won't vote for this round. It's not fair to vote just on the challenge alone. Just like when I used to watch Survivor on tv, I would base my personal vote on the challenge as well as how they interacted with each other between the challenge and when they went to tribal council. I wanted to see if my vote matched the actual contestants when it came to why they voted that person (as they stated when writing down the names).
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Then I probably won't vote for this round. It's not fair to vote just on the challenge alone. Just like when I used to watch Survivor on tv, I would base my personal vote on the challenge as well as how they interacted with each other between the challenge and when they went to tribal council. I wanted to see if my vote matched the actual contestants when it came to why they voted that person (as they stated when writing down the names).

I completely agree that the challenges shouldn't be the only thing that causes sims to be eliminated. A lot of factors should play in, like how the sims interact with each other AS WELL AS the challenge.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @LegacySims2017 & @EliteGirl - After the first Cooking Challenge, I had posted the Reader Vote and then once the poll was finished, I posted the various tribe visits before Tribal Council. I am doing it the exact same way for the second challenge. I posted the Reader Vote and then once it is finished, I will post the various tribe visits.

In other Survivor challenges I have seen, it is just based on who wins a challenge and the relationship scores. I actually do a spreadsheet after each challenge, and also add in some bonus points, like lifesaving hero. I think this is a fairer way to do this, because I don't have a mod to see the exact relationship points, and I feel that it should be the challenge scores and relationships ( or alliances) that help or hinder a tribal member.

Having said that, after the next challenge, I will do the various tribe visits first once the challenge is over, and then post the Reader Vote. I think this might work better. Thanks for the suggestions :)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    EliteGirl wrote: »

I completely agree that the challenges shouldn't be the only thing that causes sims to be eliminated. A lot of factors should play in, like how the sims interact with each other AS WELL AS the challenge.

I'm talking about MY personal vote. Not the voting in general. When it comes to the gameplay, that is how she is doing it. The votes are based on their relationships and how they did in the challenge. I really like how @SoulGal7 does the voting and elimination process. It's just my personal preference to see how the Sims interact with each other after the challenge and before they head to tribal council. That is all! I want to base my vote on that and the challenge. I may see someone being lazy in the tribe but did an excellent job at the challenge. I may see someone interacting really well, but lousy at the challenge. I want my brain to function and make me think who I would like to see voted off. :grimace:

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Thanks for hearing me out, @SoulGal7.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Ahhh another vote and this time Acacia is up for elimination! I have my fingers crossed that she manages to survive this elimination :D
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Haven't had a chance to comment since the last challenge, but wanted to pop in and say I have read everything and voted. Congrats to the Gnome tribe for edging out the Llama tribe by only one point! Wow! Hoping Lee makes it through this Tribal Council too, he successfully completed tricks in both rounds at least. Is he still friends with everyone? I sure hope so! o.O Anyway, good luck Lee, I hope you make it Buddy! 🤞

Good luck to everyone! <3
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 -
    No worries. It was too late to change the format for this round since I had already posted the Reader Vote. But, I will do the tribal visits prior to the Reader Vote for the next round. :)

@MaggieMarley -
    To be honest, the only ones who are safe from elimination for this vote are the tribal members of the Gnome Tribe and whoever gets that Hidden Immunity Idol in the Llama Tribe. So anything can happen.

@Karababy52 -
    Thanks for reading, commenting and voting! Woot! I will be playing the Freezer Bunny Tribe tonight to get all their stats. But we all know how those relationship levels can change. Right?
  • Options
    Hi everyone!
    I have updated the front page section with a loose set of rules that I am following in this challenge. Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks :)

I'M A SURVIVOR RULES FOR THIS CHALLENGE: ~ NEW SEP 27, 2021~
    [Loosely based on the Survivor reality tv-series]

1. Normally starts with two tribes in different campsites, but in this case, we are starting with three tribes. Campsites should only have the bare necessities (tents or uncomfortable sleeping surfaces, pee bush or cheapest toilet, cheapest shower, a campfire or cooler), and only a few skill items that they can do with someone else or alone (chess, ping pong, horseshoes, soccer juggling, etc.). You could make this harder and use the off-the-grid lot trait and other lot traits to make life uncomfortable for these sims. Setting is on full autonomy and the "watcher" cannot control these sims. The only exception to this, is at the start of a challenge, where the "Watcher" will direct a tribal member to begin something (like paint, grill, etc.)
    2. Tribe members are "locked" into their campsite. Lot Trait is set to Private Dwelling. No Welcome Wagon. Tribal members cannot go out into the world and mingle. They should be getting to know their fellow tribal members and making friends to form "alliances" with them. The more alliances a tribal member has will benefit them in Tribal Council.
    3. At the start of the challenge, each campsite will have a Hidden Immunity Idol on their lot. The tribal member who is the last one to have this before Tribal Council is safe, no matter what the vote is. In this case, a lump of clay is used as the Hidden Immunity Idol.
    4. The three Tribes will compete against each other in elimination challenges in the "challenge area", which is a separate area set up with items for the challenge. This can also be at a remote location in a sim world (such as a fishing contest). These elimination challenges could consist of a skill challenge (ie painting), a physical challenge (soccer juggling), or a random challenge (searching for shells). Challenges can be either a Reward Challenge, where the winning tribe wins something (like more comfortable beds, etc.) or an Immunity Challenge (the winning Tribe will be safe from elimination). If there is a tie between Tribes, a tie-breaker challenge will be done.
    5. Once all 3 tribes have completed the challenge, a visit to each Tribe is done for part of a day, and stats are taken on their relationship scores.
    6. A Reader Poll is then done.
    7. Once the Reader Poll is done, the Tribes heading to Tribal Council do so. Voting is based on relationship scores, challenge scores and reader votes. The tribal member voted off from each tribe immediately leaves the tribe.
    8. If there is a tie at Tribal Council, the relationship scores are looked at again for the tribal members in the tie-vote; however, the tribal members in the tie cannot vote. If this does not produce a winner, another challenge will be done to have a tie-breaker until a winner is declared.
    9. In subsequent challenges, if there is an odd number of tribal members in tribes, a random method will be done to have one tribal member "sit out" the challenge, so that all the tribes are the same in number.
    10. Once the tribes get down in size to 14 sims (total of all tribes), a "merge" occurs, and the tribal members are all mixed up with others and randomly assigned to two new tribes. This will happen again and be condensed down to one tribe.
    11. When the challenge gets down to one tribe, all the challenges will then be individual challenges. Each tribal member will be going against the other tribal members. Alliances, of course, will still be effective; however, if all the relationship scores have been maxed out, the decision on who will be leaving at Tribal Council will be based on the challenge scores (the reader poll may be the tie-breaker in this case).
    12. When there is only one survivor left, they are declared the winner of the challenge, and receive the $1 million simoleon prize. Outwit! Outplay! Outlast!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Voted and am caught up...
    Congrats to the Gnome tribe. Got a good laugh at Jackson's "Purr-fect pose face." It looked like he was passing gas while doing that. :D