Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**I'M A SURVIVOR**ON HIATUS - CH 41 - VISIT WITH THE BALA TRIBE - NOV 30

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @pammiechick - lol - Romantic notions for Daphne already! lol
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited August 2021
    I decided to submit another Sim: Ashley Bryant

tDVT0dD.jpg

Name: Ashley Bryant
    Traits: Self-Absorbed, Materialistic and Evil
    Aspiration: World Famous Celebrity
    Homeworld: Del Sol Valley
    Career: Aspiring actress
    Bio: Ashley is in it to win it. Fortune and fame is what she wants and she's willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

uuL5YpK.jpg
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    @divanthesimmer - lol Ashley - I love her! Thanks for the submission. She will be a spare. :)
  • Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @divanthesimmer - lol Ashley - I love her! Thanks for the submission. She will be a spare. :)

Thank you! :)
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @SoulGal7 - DEBUG can be your friend for drinks and food.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    @EliteGirl - Don't worry, the survivors that have been submitted are safe and have not been played, other than to go into CAS and make sure they have all the bits and pieces of their outfits.

As mentioned in that post, I had built a lot a year ago, and thought it was a nice lot; however, with my "test subjects", and there are several different ones, but @LegacySims2017 is right in that the ones in the photos in my description are some of the "test" subjects. I just wanted to ensure that the lot was somewhat safe for the survivors. I don't want them to drown for sure, so removed the nice pond that I had built, but wanted a water feature, so put in the luminary exotic fish pond. It looks nice, and you can add koi, piranha, sharks to that pond. I added innocent koi (goldfish), and a sim jumped in the pond and perished due to being "lunch" for these koi. So, now, there are no fish or other denizens in that pond, and so the sims should be safe from that hazard and just have a nice water feature on the lot.

The challenge will involve all challenge lot traits (except Simple Living & Foxes). I did have foxes on as a test, but the poor things can't get into the lot and just run around the lot (the doors are locked, so no survivors can escape! lol). And Simple Living would just be too hard for these survivors because I am not controlling them. And weather effects will be on. So, yes, the lot will be subject to ghosts, volcanic bombs, earthquakes, gremlins, grody, creepy crawlies (from Jungle Retreat), cursed, and filthy. The lot will also be off-the-grid. I have also added island spirits and private lot (no-one can then visit them).

So my first test group arrived during a thunder storm, and other than a picnic area that is covered, there is no shelter. I have since changed this as well, because they were in a really bad state, two being terrified. So, the entire lot is now covered. And, some sims set themselves on fire (and extinguish themselves) when they light the campfire, and then have the burned arm moodlet.

And when using a lot, it's good to use "test" subjects to ensure that everything works properly in case they can't get to something.

I have discovered that there are some bugs in the game right now, the pee bush, for example, where they can normally pee and nap, will only let your sim pee. So, I had to change somethings on the lot for that. I also discovered yesterday that for some reason, the pizza delivery and Zoomer's Food delivery were not working. I even changed out a gate for a door and it still didn't work. I was testing this for a "reward" trait, and thought it would be nice if say pizza and drinks would be a reward if they won a Reward Challenge. So, had to re-think that one, and came up with something else.

I hope that answers your question :)

Yes, it answers my question. Thanks for explaining your answer to my question in a way that is easy for me to understand. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    My submission: Buck Borris

0tc5r7D.jpg

Bio: Buck Borris can start a fire with an ice cube, drown a fish and build a snowman out of rain. Surely he can survive a show with a few other contestants, right?

fEHQ5Mx.jpg

Name: Buck Borris
    Career: Actor, stuntsman and ranger
    Homeworld: StrangerVille
    Why he wants to be on Survivor: To prove that he can survive anything (or that anything can survive him).

I see what you did there. :D
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited August 2021
    So I've had this guy made for another survivor story like two years ago, but the story never really happened, so this seems like the perfect opportunity to get my guy back in the game :')

Gallery ID: SCNVM
    (Stan's been on the Gallery since that casting call 2 years ago. I have an elderly version and an adult version for if elders aren't allowed)

EDIT: I just saw elders aren't allowed. I can't go in-game now but when I get the chance I'll fix Stan this way that he's all good for submission :)

Elderly version: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C6EA4B62B9A511E98715989036635122?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=SCNVM&max=50&maxis=false

Adult version (idk if its adult or young adult anymore): https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/601E49B7990E11EA8BF3FEA0248E9294?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=SCNVM&max=50&maxis=false

Name: Stan Cooper
    Career: Businessman
    Bio: As the only child of parents who were millionaires, you can't even imagine how spoiled Stan was. Never had to do anything, always got what he wanted. But that changed when he just became a teen. Unfortunately his parents died in a car accident, which left him alone... In a new family. A family who's not rich, with 3 extra kids to take care for. Those kids only worked on his nerves, but the parents were great, loving and caring. He had to work for his money and learn that the party's over. As a teen he worked part-time as a fast food employee, and yes, he learned to appreciate the ones who have less, but he didn't want to be 'one of those'. Years and years later, when he financially could live on his own, he left his foster family, promising he would give them a better life... But he never contacted them anymore. Not because he didn't want to, but because he only thought about earning money.. So much money... Just like his real father back in the days. He forgot the entire world around him, and eventually his foster parents died from old age, leaving Stan behind with a feeling of immense guilt. "I'm done living this luxury life...", so he said. One day, he bumped into this experiment and thought 'maybe this way I can show them that I'm REALLY done living the way I did all these years. I can do it without money too. I know I can'. Maybe... Or... Maybe not?
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Skeilah - Yeah! I will head into the gallery and grab your sim later on today. I decided that I wouldn't use elders because when it comes to physical challenges, well...we all know that those sims elders would tire easily...so I didn't want to disadvantage any sims in that way.
  • Options
    @Skeilah - Yeah! I will head into the gallery and grab your sim later on today. I decided that I wouldn't use elders because when it comes to physical challenges, well...we all know that those sims elders would tire easily...so I didn't want to disadvantage any sims in that way.

Yeah, I get that! If you find Stan, you can turn him into an Adult (because I actually think his younger version is a Young Adult but I want him to be Adult). Normally the rest would be all okay to go :)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Skeilah Are you going to make a female sim for the "Survivor" contest or are you just going to submit Stan? Not trying to be rude, I'm just curious, that's all. Most of the sim makers on this thread have a female sim and a male sim for the contest, I want you to have a fair shot at winning like the sim makers who entered both a female and male sim, and the other people who submitted only one sim. :)
  • Options
    I have a female in my Gallery named Bella McCallister, who was designed as the female spare contestant for that other Survivor contest. I could re-use her here too if that’s okay :)
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Just want everyone to know I'm still here, always watching, wizoski.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    @Skeilah - That would be fine as a spare, sure :)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    CHAPTER 1: Tour of Survivor Accommodations & Tribal Council

gilligan-survivor-close-up.png
    Sul Sul! Welcome to I'm A Survivor Challenge. I know...I know...you were expecting maybe Jeff Probst to be the host. Well, technically, he IS the host of Survivor, but this is a spin-off, so....the producers have decided to conduct a SimWorld Search for a suitable host or hostess for the show...and...my name just naturally came up.

tour-of-your-new-home-survivor-red.png

You may not know me, but I go by the name of Gilligan. I am more than qualified for this role, because you see, I, myself, was a castaway for fifteen long years. A survivor, like yourselves. That's right...it all started with a 3-hour boat tour that The Skipper arranged for a group of tourists, and well, a BIG storm came up and we crashed on an unchartered desert island. I was the first mate on the ship, and our passengers included a billionaire and his wife, a movie star, a professor, and a farm girl named Mary Ann.

So, I am here today to tell you, that you, too, can survive. It will be tough, and you will be living outdoors in primitive conditions, with no luxuries, no power, and...gulp...no video games! And everyday you will be tested in your skills or lack of skills and have to live with other survivors who may smell bad, be surly or in a bad mood, and may not want to be your friend. But, I, Gilligan Survivor, know that YOU can do it! I mean, come on, how often do you get a chance at winning a million simoleons. Right? What? Motherlode? Oh no..no...no...there is no cheating allowed here!

lot-in-all-its-flory.png

Now, we are here at the Gnome Tribe's Campsite, also known as the Red Tribe for a little tour. And let me tell you, when the producers told me that you would be living in primitive conditions, they were wrong. This place is a Hilton!

only-the-latest-technologty.png

There are two parts to your campsite. The challenge area, which we are in now, and the actual campsite. The challenge area is an open sandy area with all the latest eco-technology hard at work for you, like a rain collector, a wind turbine and a solar panel. And, sorry, no, your phone won't work here because you will be living off-the-grid. This area is where the producers will conduct all the challenges that the survivors will have to face.

the-firepit.png

And through the gate we come into the actual campsite where you will be living with the other survivors. And look at that, you already have a campfire for all your cooking needs.

caution-is-advised-when-lighting.png

Let's light that...oooowww!  *Fans arm quickly* Okay, that was a "burning" start, but at least we know the campfire works.

ok-its-out-that-wouldnt-be-too-good-to-be-replaced-withint-the-first-5-mins-of-the-show.png

That would have been pretty terrible if this was the end of my first stint as a reality-tv host. Right?  Um...right? Okay, moving along.

perfect-and-toaty.png

So, now that we have a nice campfire burning, you might ask...what's the food like here? Well, you will be able to enjoy an unlimited supply of hotdogs, tofu dogs and marshmallows. Yes...and there are s'more fixings, too! Can you believe it? And if you're lucky and catch a fish, you can roast that on the campfire, too. What? You don't like that food? You want to bar-b-q some steak? You want a grill? Do you know what would happen if they gave you a grill with no cooking skills? Sheesh!

charred-to-perfection.png

And if you don't want to eat your food right in front of the campfire, there is a nice covered dining shelter.

lovely-covered-picnic-area.png

A view of the front right. The garbage area and...um...facilities bush. Yes, this is nature...and when in nature...yeah...

the-big-garbage.png

The back of the campsite with the beautiful pond and waterfall. The camp totem, which is unique to each tribe, and there is even a soccer ball, so you can work on your fitness skills.

the-totem-for-the-tribe.png

You can even kick a soccer ball to another tribe member and that helps with your friendship, too. But sometimes it doesn't, especially if you accidentally kick the soccer ball at them in their face...or other places. Ouch! Yeah, they might just get a festering grudge sentiment from that event.

wild-times-with-soccer-juggling.png

What are those blue shapes behind me? Oh...yeah...I forgot to mention, that your tribe might be visited by other-worldly beings...and um...other things can happen at your campsite. I mean, the campsite is on a fault line, so yeah...some minor tremors might be experienced, nothing to worry about...and there is a volcano nearby, but...that hardly ever erupts...and...well, things can get kind of dirty here...a lot....so the food might not agree with your stomach. So, yeah, just a few things. But, you're a survivor, and you will be fine! Right?

horsewhoe-put-and-laundry-zone.png

To the left is the horseshoe pit and laundry area. [Note: This "fake" laundry area will be replaced with an actual laundry area during one of the Immunity challenges. Survivors will then be able to do laundry and wear clean clothes.]

Near the pond is a bucket of water balloons to have some fun having a water balloon fight with your tribe. For those survivors who get a little too "hot headed" during their stay, they can always air their grievances with Skelly. And beside Skelly is a wonderful open-air shower. I also understand that somewhere at this campsite is a hidden immunity idol. What's that, you ask? Well, it's like a lucky item that you can find and it grants you immunity from being voted off by your other tribe members. Just for that Tribal Council, however.i] [See notes below.]

another-lovely-bush-a-shower-and-a-fun-bucket-to-play-water-baloons.png

There is an open-air room beside Skelly which is locked. This room serves as both a Reward room and an Exile Room. This is where a sim might have to go for one night if they have done the worst in a Group Immunity Challenge. They will be locked in the room. This is not where you want to go because you won't be able to build any friendships or alliances with other survivors or build any skills.

exile-hut.png

Or, this might be where one survivor goes who has won a Reward Challenge, and gets to enjoy the reward here. Maybe they will enjoy the night in a real bed, or eat a feast prepared by a world renowned chef. The door will be open only for that sim, who is free to come and go as they please.

The pond offers some activities. One is to collect water.

yu-can-get-water-from-here-but-thats-it.png

And the other is to fish.

do-some-relaxing-fishing.png

For those survivors who want a little privacy for showers and nature's needs, there are the latrines. However, from the looks of it, they are quite buggy.

not-too-happy-here.png

Just outside the latrines is the ping pong table, where tribe members can challenge each other to a friendly game of ping pong. And at the end of the night, what better place to sleep than under the stars by the campfire?

a-little-nap-at-the-cmapfire.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next, we head over to the Tribal Council Area. This is the area where your tribe will come once a week to vote off another tribe member. Of course, if you have the hidden immunity idol, you are safe. [Note: Voting is based on (1) relationship status (2) challenge results (3) votes by sim creators.  In the event of a tie, the votes of the sim creators will be added in.]

the-tribal-council-lot.png

When the fire is lit, the Tribal Council commences.

tribal-flame.png

The Tribal Council is actually at an old ship wreck.

right-side-of-the-build.png

This is where you will sit and wait your turn to vote and to wait for the decision from the tribe on whether you will be staying another week...or not.

where-you-rsim-will-await-their-fate.png

Hidden from view from the other tribe members is the voting area. You will write your vote on a slip of paper and drop it into a locked box. After the votes are tallied, and the one survivor leaves, we will find out how each sim voted.

some-privacy-to-vite.png

And that concludes the tour. I hope you are as excited as I am to start your adventures on I'm A Survivor Challenge. And remember...Outwit, Outplay, Outlast! Good luck to you all! This is Gilligan signing out!

private-voting-area.png

Now...how did I get up here? Help! Someone took the stairs away... hello... can someone help me down from here...oh wait...is that Bella Goth? THE Bella Goth? Dang! She looks hot!

we-are-at-the-top-where-the-voting-will-take-place.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Jeff Probst is the host of the reality-tv show, Survivor. This show has been on the air since 2000. I am not a diehard Survivor fan and only watched the first two seasons, but will be using quotes from the show, like "The tribe has spoken."

Gilligan Survivor is a sim I created (not yet on the gallery), loosely based on Willy Gilligan from the Gilligan's Island show from the '60s. On the show, Gilligan is a rather lovable, good-natured, clumsy, bumbling character, who ends up creating more chaos than helping the castaways.

Hidden Immunity Idol: The first person in each tribe to find the immunity idol might not be the one who retains immunity at Tribal Council. The hidden immunity idol is a lump of clay and could be set down and picked up by another tribal member. So, you just never know who might have the immunity idol when the tribe has to go to Tribal Council. The sim who has the hidden immunity idol at Tribal Council cannot be voted off.

Builds:

The Tribal Lot was built by me.  I have not put it on the gallery as yet. Tribes are: Gnome Tribe (Red Tribe), Llama Tribe (Blue Tribe) and the Freezer Bunny Tribe (Yellow Tribe). For photo purposes, because it was a cloudy day, I placed the lot in Oasis Springs, just to get some sunlit photos. The actual lots will be in Newcrest. The season is set to Summer. When the tribes merge into one tribe, they will move to a new lot in Sulani.

Thanks to these simmers for their wonderful builds. Available for download in the gallery. No cc. The only thing added to the first lot was the voting area, and the seats were fixed as you couldn't sit on them.
    tribal-council-photo-credit.png

The ping pong table idea is an item in this build, and I used the idea in my build. I thought it was quite original using the debug crates.
    gillisims-island-photo-credit.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 - That was awesome and love the host... ha ha ha ha! Very creative and look forward to reading this reality show.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @SoulGal7 Awesome intro and the lot looks fantastic! I'm so excited and inspired by this that I actually started my own survival challenge (different type of challenge, but still survival based), lol. If anyone here is interested in submitting a Sim for that, you can check out the #divancastaway hashtag on the Gallery. I will post the challenge/story on Twitter, but might post it on WordPress too. 😄 <3
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @SoulGal7 Awesome intro and the lot looks fantastic! I'm so excited and inspired by this that I actually started my own survival challenge (different type of challenge, but still survival based), lol. If anyone here is interested in submitting a Sim for that, you can check out the #divancastaway hashtag on the Gallery. I will post the challenge/story on Twitter, but might post it on WordPress too. 😄 <3

@divanthesimmer How many sims for your Castaway challenge can I enter in your contest? How many females and how many males can I enter in the Castaway contest? I don't have "Twitter", so I won't be able to read the story on there.
  • Options

Feel free to use the Appleton twins for yours as well.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    EliteGirl wrote: »

@divanthesimmer How many sims for your Castaway challenge can I enter in your contest? How many females and how many males can I enter in the Castaway contest? I don't have "Twitter", so I won't be able to read the story on there.

Preferably only one. Can be male or female, though I want to end up with 4 male Sims and 4 female Sims.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options

Feel free to use the Appleton twins for yours as well.

Thanks! I'll use one or both if I still need Sims, but I might end up with too many entries already. :D
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Omg! He looks like the dorky Gilligan! I love him!

All the sets look great and with the challenge mode on, I'm afraid for our poor sims but also excited for them too! I can't wait to see the mayhem! I love how you're writing this as well!

AWESOME JOB!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    You always come up with great challenges and lots! They look super detailed. I can't wait to see them and the sims more.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Hi All! We have almost all of our submissions now. Just waiting for a few who have expressed interest to submit. Deadline has been moved to Friday, Aug 27th. Thanks :)