Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you making money in Cottage Living?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Mavis has been living the frugal life in Cordelia's Cottage by the waterfall, using the simple living lot trait. There have been times when she subsisted entirely on home-grown, raw, carrots. I started the carrots in the correct season quite by accident (not realizing I had to pay attention to such things, not having gardened in the game before - I wasted a fair bit of money there, having to uproot stuff so I'd have enough room for useful crops). This was lucky, since she went for several sim weeks with very little income. She started out selling crops and only just started making a consistent profit by selling crops, egggs, Llama wool and canned goods. I sold some tulips too, but I'm starting to think growing flowers to sell is just too easy. She's been both too poor and too busy with her gardening and animals to start with knitting or cross-stitch. Right now she has 6 chickens, 1 llama, and 8 or 10 garden patches, 2 of which are given over to giant pumpkin and mushroom. My giant lettuce stopped getting bigger at 2 plants so she eventually harvested them. They sold for a good bit, but took quite a while to grow.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    My dad Sims goes to work. Mom stays home with their one toddler.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    angelbear wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My Sims are trying to garden, but the crops keep reverting back to dirt piles all the time, so they don't get a lot of harvest from the regular crops. I'm not so much into growing oversized crops, they take too much time to grow and they don't look as nice as the regular ones. I only have few of them.
    My Cottage Living Sims are not rich and it takes a lot of time for them to earn money without actual jobs. One of them is a freelance crafter, but she doesn't make much money because she never has enough "bits and pieces" to make anything. Her husband recycles everything he can, but there is never enough things to recycle to get the needed bits and pieces.

Have you tried the reduce recycle lot challenge you actively have to manage your trash out put every day. You can sort your garbage for compostables and recyclables and when you compost or recycle what is put in your inventory it turns bits and pieces
    I'm trying to currently get rid of Eco Lifestyle type of living and the garbage managing stuff with this family. I was never a fan of it and moving the family to HoB was kind of like the new beginning for them. I'm probably going to make the mom of the family quit her freelance crafter career, so she can concentrate on other things than just grinding for bits and pieces all the time. The father has a recycle disciple trait, so he needs to recycle, but he's happy with just recycling some little things like plates after eating, so it's not a problem.
    Otherwise it's a good idea, but I'm just not a fan of Eco Lifestyle. I started the save when that expansion pack game out and I fell in love with the Sims in that family but not their lifestyle and I wanted to give them a different new life in HoB. I just have troubles with making money with them because I've always relied on gardening but now it's so buggy that it won't work anymore. Maybe I should start painting hobby with the mom. :smile: