Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire has too many weakness points

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
I first came across this glitch about a year ago but I never got around to making a post about it until now. I made a bug report about this issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CHEAT-V-Vampires-keep-all-vampire-weakness-points-when-vampire/m-p/10564164#M194536

Vlad starts off as a grand master vampire. I used a cheat code (NOT any mods) to make him a fledgling vampire again. A grand master vampire has 5 weakness points so as a grand master Vlad had 5 weakness points.

You can use cheats to set a vampire's vampire rank e.g. you can lower a grand master vampire's rank so that they are only a minor vampire again by using the cheat code stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 202.

When I made Vlad a fledgling again using a similar cheat to reduce his vampire XP, his weakness points should have been reset to 0 since a fledgling vampire has no weakness points. But his weakness points instead stayed at 5.

Every time a vampire increases their vampire rank, the game gives them one additional weakness point and this happened to Vlad even though he was starting out with 5 weakness points already (instead of the zero he should have begun with as a fledgling). So, when he became a minor vampire he game gave him another weakness point and he then had 6 weakness points and when he became a prime vampire he got another weakness point so that he now had 7 weakness points.

By the time he reached grand master, he had 10 weakness points which is double the number of weakness points that a grand master should have (grandmasters have 5 weakness points ordinarily).

Does anyone else have this issue in their game? Or do you know of a way around it?

Here's a screenshot where you can see that Vlad is a fledgling but needs to take 5 weaknesses although he shouldn't have to take any weakness points as a fledgling:
HsSpxg7.png

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The only workaround I can think of would to be to make a twin of Vlad in CAS. The game would treat the twin as a new sim as far as all that is concerned.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The only workaround I can think of would to be to make a twin of Vlad in CAS. The game would treat the twin as a new sim as far as all that is concerned.

That's a good idea but I've now unfortunately been playing with him for a long time as part of my legacy. Wish I'd caught this right at the start!
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Carl's Sims 4 Guide has some information which might be helpful
    The instructions given for retrieving Vlad's Sim ID won't work for him specifically because of the way his full name is structured. To reset his weakness points, you would have to return him to fledgling status, rename him to remove the "IV" from his name, and use the cheat shown below. Afterward, if you wanted, you could rename him again.
    How to Use Cheats to Get Powers or Change to or Remove Vampire
    Carl wrote:
    You can reset perks on your vampire with a cheat, but first we must learn to use Sims.Get_Sim_ID_By_Name. In my case, I'm using Geoffrey Landgraab, so I type: Sims.Get_Sim_ID_By_Name Geoffrey Landgraab. I can use 'Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 (Sim ID)' to reset all the weaknesses.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited August 2021
    I might actually like to take advantage of this as I wanted my vampire to have one more weakness, but alas she only got five and I didn't have points to give her level 3 day phobia. Wonder if I could make it work by lowering her one rank with cheats and then climbing back.

Edit: I think you could also cure Vlad from vampirism and then make him a vampire again, I think that should clear all the weaknesses?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @jbadger12 I actually LOVE YOU right now!!! Thank you for helping me to work this out. In case anyone else has this happen, here's exactly how I fixed it (I found 2 alternative methods):

[For these methods you will need to get your sim's ID with the Sims.Get_Sim_ID_By_Name cheat (e.g. for me I used Sims.Get_Sim_ID_By_Name Vladislaus Straud)]

Method 1:

1. In the beginning, Vlad was a Grand Master and had 10 weakness points.
    2. I Used the cheat stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 0 to make Vlad a fledgling vampire again. At this point, his weakness points went down to 4 (should have been 0 for a fledgling vampire though)
    3. Then I used the cheat Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 (sim ID) to reset his weakness points. At this point, his weakness points were still 4 (again, they should have been 0 for a fledgling)
    4. Used the cheat stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1486 to make him a grand master vampire. His weakness points stayed at 4 whereas they should have been 5 for a grand master but this is a lot better than having 10 weakness points
    5. I then found that I could use MCCC to give him an additional weakness point so that he had 5 weakness points. I did this by clicking on Vlad, MC Command Center, MC Cheats, Occult cheats, Vampire cheats, increase points, vampire weakness points, then I chose to increase his weakness points by 1. As a result, he now had 5 weakness points (the correct number for a grand master)

Method 2:

As an alternative method, I found the following:
    1. Again, in the beginning, Vlad was a Grand Master and had 10 weakness points.
    2. Used the cheat Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 (sim ID) to reset his weakness points. At this point, his weakness points went to 0 (they should have been 5 for a fledgling)
    3. I then used MCCC to give him 5 weakness points. I did this by clicking on Vlad, MC Command Center, MC Cheats, Occult cheats, Vampire cheats, increase points, vampire weakness points, then I chose to increase his weakness points by 5. As a result, he now had 5 weakness points (the correct number for a grand master)
  • Options
    @musteni If you have MCCC you can use that to give your vampire sim more weaknesses if you want. You can do that by clicking on your sim, MC Command Center, MC cheats, Occult cheats, vampire cheats, increase points, vampire weakness points.

Unfortunately curing Vlad of vampirism and then making him a vampire again failed because when he became a vampire again all of his power and weakness points as well as his vampire rank were saved. But I have seemed to have fixed this in my game using an alternative method which is great!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    @musteni If you have MCCC you can use that to give your vampire sim more weaknesses if you want. You can do that by clicking on your sim, MC Command Center, MC cheats, Occult cheats, vampire cheats, increase points, vampire weakness points.

Unfortunately curing Vlad of vampirism and then making him a vampire again failed because when he became a vampire again all of his power and weakness points as well as his vampire rank were saved. But I have seemed to have fixed this in my game using an alternative method which is great!

I play without mods for now, but that's still good info! Glad you found a solution :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    If stuff like this happens to just one sim, and not all vampires, I'd say embrace it. Make him weaker than he is supposed to be according to game. I like the strength/weakness system, but never paid too much attention. I more try to make them a bit different by avoiding picking the same strengths and weaknesses for all my vamps. It's the same as with general traits etc, I'm probably not the only one picking the same options over and over again.

Even if those points are too many, maybe the way Vlad acts or choices you made gave this result? I dunno.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    @MaggieMarley - Glad I could help.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    If it's one thing I learned it's that occult cheats can easily mess up your sim. I try not yo use them and had to replace several glitched sims. 😖😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(