Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you edit service sims without playing them.

Is there anything you can do with the vanilla sims that fill up your town. I have heard you can edit them but don't know how.

Comments

• Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited July 2021
    You can either go to Manage Worlds and tinker with the world Sims from the Sims icon at the top, or use cas.fulleditmode on. If you do Manage Worlds, the played families you have are in the left tab, the unplayed/random townies are in the right tab, and the game can only keep about 200 of them before purging. So look through this tab and find the service Sims you want and edit them in CAS from there. Be sure to uncheck "played" when you return from CAS, as the game will default any Sims you edit into the "played families" category, and this can sometimes mess with service Sims.

If you're using the cheats, you can Shift+Click any Sim and enter CAS directly from wherever you are in game and make edits from there. I use this method a lot since it's quicker.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited July 2021
    You can either go to Manage Worlds and tinker with the world Sims from the Sims icon at the top, or use cas.fulleditmode on. If you do Manage Worlds, the played families you have are in the left tab, the unplayed/random townies are in the right tab, and the game can only keep about 200 of them before purging. So look through this tab and find the service Sims you want and edit them in CAS from there. Be sure to uncheck "played" when you return from CAS, as the game will default any Sims you edit into the "played families" category, and this can sometimes mess with service Sims.

If you're using the cheats, you can Shift+Click any Sim and enter CAS directly from wherever you are in game and make edits from there. I use this method a lot since it's quicker.

@TheGreatGorlon, isn't cas.fulleditmode on a Sims 4 cheat? I'm only asking this because the thread that you're replying to is a Sims 3 thread and not a Sims 4 thread... :)

Edit to add: @Jano, I think that you will need to use NRaas Mastercontroller mod as I have changed a couple of Sims appearances that I don't play.

Here is an explanation on how to do the changes that you want providing that you have NRaas MasterController mod:
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    , if you have NRaas MasterController, click on the sim>NRaas>MasterController>Stylist for changing hair and clothing. For changing looks, NRaas>MasterController>Advanced>Edit in CAS. If you want to edit a bunch of NPCs, use City Hall or any computer>NRaas>MasterController>Sim>Stylist>select the filters you want>select the individual sims. MC will pull each sim into it's Stylist function one by one allowing you to change many NPCs in one session.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

@TheGreatGorlon, isn't cas.fulleditmode on a Sims 4 cheat? I'm only asking this because the thread that you're replying to is a Sims 3 thread and not a Sims 4 thread... :)

Edit to add: @Jano, I think that you will need to use NRaas Mastercontroller mod as I have changed a couple of Sims appearances that I don't play.

Here is an explanation on how to do the changes that you want providing that you have NRaas MasterController mod:
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    , if you have NRaas MasterController, click on the sim>NRaas>MasterController>Stylist for changing hair and clothing. For changing looks, NRaas>MasterController>Advanced>Edit in CAS. If you want to edit a bunch of NPCs, use City Hall or any computer>NRaas>MasterController>Sim>Stylist>select the filters you want>select the individual sims. MC will pull each sim into it's Stylist function one by one allowing you to change many NPCs in one session.

Thank you for the information.
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member

Thank you for the information.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member

That indeed is sims 4.Sims 3 family bin doesn't allow editing of sims, and the townies the game fills up don't spawn in the bin.
    You would have to use Nraas master controller mod to edit them, or switch households and edit them.