Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was pleasantly surprised with the sim sessions

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
Just took some of my sims there today I must say I really liked it
I don’t know who these artists are but I like their songs they have lovely voices I hope this is a hint for the future of the game more things for sims to do although they should of had a drinks stand so next time I’ll take a cooler
I hope we have this either every summer or better yet a bands or a show time type pack

Happy simming everyone

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I enjoyed the music, and the one time that I went, I thought it was a good mix of played and unplayed sims. I was amused that some of my played sims were exactly the ones I would have chosen to show up... they looked very appropriate for the setting, and a couple of them were ones that I actually was planning to have my sim befriend at some point, so this was a nice organic opportunity to do that. Could be just a fluke, but it was fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    The only thing I think is a little unfortunate is that while they picked a lovely spot for it, it's a bit farther from the park than I expected, so it wasn't as easy as I hoped to move back and forth between the festival area and the park between sets.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    The show & the atmosphere were great, but I didn't appreciate having to restore several of my sims' outfits because the developers still somehow think arbitrarily changing our sims outfits is acceptable despite the numerous complaints about it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    The only thing I think is a little unfortunate is that while they picked a lovely spot for it, it's a bit farther from the park than I expected, so it wasn't as easy as I hoped to move back and forth between the festival area and the park between sets.

My sim brought along a bike because I kinda expected it to take a bit of time to get over to the stage. Unfortunately this is only available with university or eco lifestyle.
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    The outfits changing into these of the festivals... Doesn't that happen in San Myshuno and Mount Komorebi's festivals either? Nobody is complaining about that. 🤔
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    The outfits changing into these of the festivals... Doesn't that happen in San Myshuno and Mount Komorebi's festivals either? Nobody is complaining about that. 🤔

A lot of simmers aren't happy about those situational outfits but they are supposed to dissappear afterwards. With those festivals the non played sims only temporarily get an outfit for that situation or festival. If you visit them afterwards, they have returned to their normal outfits. With this summer of sims festival, they apparently keep the festival shirt as a permanent outfit.
  • Options
    hoxhardinghoxharding Posts: 5 New Member
    My zdd waited for hours. Nothing happened, one performer stood on the stage and did nothing. I have up. I did return later only to find the area empty and it was snowing
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I loved seeing the excitement of my sims, it was lovely.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Then you've probably missed all of those threads and posts. I just complained about this exact thing myself in another thread the other day. Many people have been talking about wanting an "opt out" for situational outfits since City Living came out.

I absolutely can't stand when the game takes over my Sims and changes them. Random townies, whatever, I don't care, but all of the Sims I create and put hours of work into should be untouched.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »

My sim brought along a bike because I kinda expected it to take a bit of time to get over to the stage. Unfortunately this is only available with university or eco lifestyle.

That's a smart idea. I was playing a new sim, and hadn't decided whether to give her a bike yet, but I'll definitely do that with the next sim I take.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

A lot of simmers aren't happy about those situational outfits but they are supposed to dissappear afterwards. With those festivals the non played sims only temporarily get an outfit for that situation or festival. If you visit them afterwards, they have returned to their normal outfits. With this summer of sims festival, they apparently keep the festival shirt as a permanent outfit.

For years mine have stayed in their outfits for many sims days afterward. I used to have to go around to several households and specifically ask the individual sims to "show me outfit" so they would change, which was obviously a huge pain. I haven't noticed that lately, but I don't know whether that's because they finally fixed it, or if I'm just not going to festivals as often.

I actually didn't have any sims change into the concert tees during or after the concert, thankfully. I'm wondering whether it's because my sim was a chatterbot and introduced herself to everyone at the festival, so they had a big group conversation going and no one ever wandered over to the merchandise booth.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2021
    A mod for the outfit changing: OOPS! wrong link. Off to find the right one...
    This one: https://simsmodelsimmer.tumblr.com/post/655489507484942336/no-autonomous-sim-sessions-music-festival-t-shirts
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for everyone’s input
    I didn’t know the T-shirts where permanent till I saw sims walking around in them I thought they would change back to normal after they went home but nope so after the 7th a may have to go round and change that or they might disappear after this event has finished I don’t mind my sim having there T-shirt as she wears it to the Show but I don’t really like the English text in game it bugs me
    My sims went again today but I forgot the cooler so next time I’ll take sparklers and a juice keg I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying this feature I might miss it when it’s gone
    Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    The show & the atmosphere were great, but I didn't appreciate having to restore several of my sims' outfits because the developers still somehow think arbitrarily changing our sims outfits is acceptable despite the numerous complaints about it.

lol my Sim put on a Bebe shirt and was wearing underwear with it. LMAO I was cracking up. I was less annoyed when a pop appeared and told me I could fix their outfits using the tents and I was like oh! Cool! (Still new to the Sims 4 era)
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2021
    I cant find it I travelled there at exactly 12 o clock and its winter but I cant find it anywhere any clues???? do I have to go home and back again ?

EDIT Its not from 12 o'clock - it started happening about 12.45 which is annoying as I sent my sims back home thinking it needed to 'reset' or something to work - one stayed behind and the screen flashed up - never mind got there in the end - just would be helpful if they said it wont actually start at 12, you just have to travel there and wait about a bit ....
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Sims Sessions is in the Willow Creek Park on Sundays at 1pm.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I was very skeptical of the sessions, it is EA, but to my surprise I thought it went off very well. I really liked the first singer and my sims got a teeshirt of her but the other 2 songs and singers, meh. I liked that my sim had several options with the piano, so when the concert was over, she got up on stage and "jazzed up the place." She's a musician as well and I loved it that all the sims in the area also came up on stage and then a party broke out! I'm definitely going to miss this when it's gone. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't like any of the songs but anyway. And yeah it's cute, but not much gameplay added. Beautiful gowns, beautiful gowns.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2021
    The event finally showed up at 12:30pm for me and the performer didn't show up until 2pm but i had a warning an hour earlier that the event was about to perform.

The performer just stood there for another hour doing nothing before finally moving to the stage. I haven't had the chance to go further at the moment.

Edit: Oh dear, i was dumped into the main menu and an error code showed up. Game reload didn't help and every other household i tried to access come up with this code. Error code: 143:e232509f:d4a708ba.
    I attempted a save recover from just previous with no success, i've gone back and recovered from a little further back and i'm back into the game again.

I'm gonna have to figure out what caused this.

Edit 2: the further save triggered the error attempting to access another household.

Guess i'm not gonna have access to that save game until the sessions disappears from the game, hopefully that error goes away.

I got other saves though, so no biggie.
    Post edited by Hoverael on
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    I actually enjoyed the event - had no idea who the artists were but it was funny listening to them singing in simlish - my sims had a wonderful time :) they got t shirts and the last performer in the black jumpsuit came on when it was dark, so quite late, the young bloke came on at about 4pm, the other girl was earlier about 1pm. My daughter who knows the band that the young chap was in thought it was hilarious and watched it with me as she knew the song :) I liked that the sim could be interactive, we took some photos, cheered etc - that was a nice touch
  • Options
    DivaDogsDivaDogs Posts: 20 Member
    I thought that this event was so much fun!!! I loved taking my sims there and plan to almost every time it is Sunday in the game. I loved the custom t-shirts as well. I also really loved all of the songs. The performers are very talented!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    What are Sims sessions
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »

There are options in MCCC to have 'special' outfits be replaced by your choice of regular outfit.

That said, the autonomy settings I have for MCCC proved stronger than the festival AI's ability to keep people watching. Some few sims wandered off to do things inspired by mods I have from there and littlemssims. But at the start and end most of them were able to stay in scene.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,876 Member
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Me too, I want a permanent concert feature. Hopefully one my Sims can participate in too.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

That's because they usually change back into their normal clothes afterwards. They didn't this time. Don't get me wrong, the t-shirts were cool, I just want to be the one to decide when my sims wear them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2