Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Sessions: The Sims Event of the Summer

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
edited March 6 in Nominated Threads
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Right? Because heaven forbid a business actually make money.

Pro Tip: If it isn't content you'll use, you don't have to buy it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited June 2021
    I adore Bebe Rexha! Would love to have her sim in my game.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

in-game music festival? How is it going to work?
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

Yes I'm quite curious too.

I know they've done "events" in the past like when Jasmine Holiday used to make an appearance, I have no idea why they stopped doing them because I quite enjoyed the limited time events.

I really hope some of the SimGurus answer questions about this on Twitter tonight, I want to know the location for this and also if it really will give "festival" vibes, not much of a festival if only 6 sims turn up. :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited June 2021
    THE EVENT OF THE SUMMER IS HERE! ROCK OUT AT SIMS SESSIONS
    Light up your summer with the hottest tracks from your favorite artists. Experience Bebe Rexha, Glass Animals, and Joy Oladokun for the first time all over again—in Simlish! Catch the live event from June 29 at 10 a.m. PT to July 7 at 10 p.m. PT.

Festival Activities

Shop the Festival
    Buy artist-themed merchandise, run your own craft sales table, or snack like a rockstar at a food stand!

yMw13O5.png

Camp Out
    Festivals are fun but exhausting! Get some sleep in one of the tents—or Woohoo to the music.

9KpAgQS.png

Enjoy the Show
    Gather around the stage to watch, dance, and cheer on the performances!

CBRO8ow.png

Perform on Stage
    After the performances, go on stage and keep the tunes flowing. Jam on the piano and sing your heart out.

NfThBJO.png

GETTING HERE

STEP 1

The Sims™ 4 is your ticket to the concert. Select the platform you'd like to buy it on here.

STEP 2

Practice your dance moves while you download The Sims™ 4.

STEP 3

Start the game and get your Sims rock-out ready.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    I’m confused but intrigued
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I'm guessing these are base game updates?
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Now i know they are getting desperate to keep players , if this is their idea of what is needed for the game .
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    First Snowy Escape, now this. Outdoor Retreat is seething.

So basically, we can do things we can already do in-game, except with real life celebrities visiting, and our sims can buy ugly recolors of the same shirt they always use. But if we can get new instruments out of this, I'd be pretty psyched.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    edited June 2021
    Such a cute idea! Can't wait to take my sims to a music festival. :)

Pictures look good.
    Shop the Festival
    Buy artist-themed merchandise, run your own craft sales table, or snack like a rockstar at a food stand!

ts4-tile-2021-sims-sessions-activities-01.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.817w.jpg

Camp Out
    Festivals are fun but exhausting! Get some sleep in one of the tents—or Woohoo to the music.

ts4-tile-2021-sims-sessions-activities-03.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.817w.jpg

Enjoy the Show
    Gather around the stage to watch, dance, and cheer on the performances!

ts4-tile-2021-sims-sessions-activities-02.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.817w.jpg

Perform on Stage
    After the performances, go on stage and keep the tunes flowing. Jam on the piano and sing your heart out.

ts4-tile-2021-sims-sessions-activities-04.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.817w.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I think it sounds fun! Just a bit worried where the festival will pop up, or if it's items to be arranged by us wherever we like. Seems like a grand way to take a break from longing for the CoL pack :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I think it sounds fun! Just a bit worried where the festival will pop up, or if it's items to be arranged by us wherever we like. Seems like a grand way to take a break from longing for the CoL pack :)

From the screenshots it looks like the tents and stalls will spawn at the community space around Willow Green's big park (Magnolia Blossom, was it?). Not sure about the main stage, but it doesn't seem as if we'd have to sacrifice a lot for the festival or as if the objects intruded on whatever we built at Magnoloa Blossom Park.

I'm looking forward to the festival, it's what most of my sims would enjoy (but woe for everyone who's playing a History challenge in that neighborhood at the moment).
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member

I'm looking forward to the festival, it's what most of my sims would enjoy (but woe for everyone who's playing a History challenge in that neighborhood at the moment).
    They can just pretend they're time travelers, coming to the past to disrupt the timeline and sell their music. That's half true already.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I noticed the new outfit & cool gloves. Hopefully they will be in the new update.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm very confused. Does this mean we have to buy it or is it a base game add on? Do we keep whatever it is as well as all content?

Look, I'm not trying to be negative here, but if I gotta buy it I'll take a pass, especially if it's only available for that one week - I am not paying money for something I'll only have access to for the few hours I have available to play.

I'll save my $$ for Cottage Living. Hope everyone else has fun with it.
    Isharell wrote: »
    I'm very confused. Does this mean we have to buy it or is it a base game add on? Do we keep whatever it is as well as all content?

Look, I'm not trying to be negative here, but if I gotta buy it I'll take a pass, especially if it's only available for that one week - I am not paying money for something I'll only have access to for the few hours I have available to play.

I'll save my $$ for Cottage Living. Hope everyone else has fun with it.

It looks like a new festival in held Willow Creek. It's basegame.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is bizarre.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    This is bizarre.

It's a festival. My sims enjoy the festivals. It will be more fun than the Bluffs. :lol:
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2021
    I just calculated that two of the singers would be in their mid-fifties in my game (couldn't find a birthday for the third one). Not elders by a long shot yet, but the festival might just be their revival concert. I'll cas.fulleditmode give them a little makeover, maybe a little more weight, greying hair, nothing overly intrusive, just to fit the timeline.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    That's freaking awesome! I am so excited for this!!!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    Holiday wrote: »

Yes I'm quite curious too.

I know they've done "events" in the past like when Jasmine Holiday used to make an appearance, I have no idea why they stopped doing them because I quite enjoyed the limited time events.

I really hope some of the SimGurus answer questions about this on Twitter tonight, I want to know the location for this and also if it really will give "festival" vibes, not much of a festival if only 6 sims turn up. :D

Yes, that's more or less what I'm thinking will happen, too. A limited-time event, set in a park (probably in Willow Creek), and that your sims can visit. I imagine we'll be able to go there and the items will spawn there, maybe at specific in-game times (like the festivals in City Living/Snowy Escape) or even just be there full time until July 7th. There'll be these three random famous sims singing and playing (no idea who most of them are, sorry) and we'll watch and do those activities. That's how I imagine it'll work.

Kinda nice, I guess? It sounds even better than the previous events we've had in the past. I think it's sweet and I'm sure gonna send my sims there to watch the festival - maybe on dates or out with their friends. Sounds nice, I just hope it isn't glitched.

Also, tin-foiled hat on: could this be another clue that bands might be coming to the game in the future? *sigh* I wish!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top