Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2021
    I also want a useable tea set. I was thinking about that the other day, with the TS3 one.

My boyfriend is Colombian and even he knew the stereotype of British people drinking tea all day, even though he hasn't been here yet. :D
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    :) What type of scones?
    This kind! With proper clotted cream.
    Scone.jpg?dl=0
    My mouth is watering. In fact, you can forget about the smelly tea, just give me the scones.

LOL :p M'mmm... I wonder if they will add a cream tea to the game? There are scones already, perhaps we could make one for ourselves, if not.

Thank goodness you put the top on. There's a furious argument between Devon & Cornwall over whether the cream goes on top or on the scone first! Even the Queen gets pulled into the argument! :o:D

See comment above mine, which I hadn't noticed! 🤣🤣🤣

:D Oooo, definitely don't want to offend anyone, these disputes must be treated with the utmost respect. o:)
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    As a historical simmer, this pack is going to offer SO many great features.

I have a challenge called the Great British Sim Challenge and it goes through British history from the Iron Age to 00s. Being able to add farming to the challenge will make a HUGE difference. And, of course, this new world is modelled after British countryside.

I typically wait for a sale before buying any pack - I'm going full price here. I have never gone full price in all my years of plays Sims.

I haven't been this excited about a pack since Sims 3 Generations

I’ve been sort of semi following along with your challenge post. It seems like the kind of thing that would interest me (British period drama addict here).

I love tea! Mint or chamomile is great for sleepy time, I can’t function without my cup of chai in the morning (usually a latte). I can’t stand coffee, I suspect an unfortunate incident in Kona during my misspent youth had something to do with it. 😝
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,555 Member
    edited June 2021
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Eww. Nope. The smell of hot tea makes me gag (I'm really British, honest). Iced lemon tea or white coffee, even a frappe would work. Devon scones (plain, not fruited like Derby scones). Clotted cream first (not second like those odd Cornish folk over the county border). Fresh sliced strawberries or crushed raspberries on top of the cream (really not a jam fan). Proper job!
    To be honest, I'm not a tea fan. I prefer an ice cold Coke Zero myself.

But you've got it all wrong! It's jam first (yes, jam), then the clotted cream. And make sure to call them s-cons, not s-cones haha.

And @CAPTAIN_NXR7 you owe me my share! Fancy piggin out on them all yourself without leaving me any. Disgraceful behaviour.

@SPARKY1922 lol. My work is done :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    Eww. Nope. The smell of hot tea makes me gag (I'm really British, honest). Iced lemon tea or white coffee, even a frappe would work. Devon scones (plain, not fruited like Derby scones). Clotted cream first (not second like those odd Cornish folk over the county border). Fresh sliced strawberries or crushed raspberries on top of the cream (really not a jam fan). Proper job!
    To be honest, I'm not a tea fan. I prefer an ice cold Coke Zero myself.

But you've got it all wrong! It's jam first (yes, jam), then the clotted cream. And make sure to call them s-cons, not s-cones haha.

And @CAPTAIN_NXR7 you owe me my share! Fancy piggin out on them all yourself without leaving me any. Disgraceful behaviour.

@SPARKY1922 lol. My work is done :)

No fights about first or second please. It'll never end! 🙄😧😮🐔🐄🐇🐇🐇
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited June 2021

@elanorbreton
    Actually, I ate 5 (6) s-cones.
    Your share must be over there with the s-cons. 😋
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,972 Member
    Just wanted to post an update on my Cottage Living giveaway. I'd initially said that I would post it later the day the trailer was released. Since we have quite a while until release I'll be posting it on July 1. One code for an international simmer and one code gifted through Origin for US simmers. 🙂
  • Options
    NewEmersedCrownNewEmersedCrown Posts: 37 Member
    @Kironide you can read about the challenge on the Forums thread for it here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986058/new-history-legacy-challenge-the-great-british-sim-challenge/p1

@Haflinger it definitely suits period drama addicts - I am definitely one myself.

I also really hope there's some tea in there. I know we already have the tea brewer, but it bothers me that there isn't a tea set like others have mentioned. Or a kettle. I need a kettle.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    @Kironide you can read about the challenge on the Forums thread for it here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986058/new-history-legacy-challenge-the-great-british-sim-challenge/p1

@Haflinger it definitely suits period drama addicts - I am definitely one myself.

I also really hope there's some tea in there. I know we already have the tea brewer, but it bothers me that there isn't a tea set like others have mentioned. Or a kettle. I need a kettle.

@NewEmersedCrown Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out. Sounds like something that would interest me.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm so glad to see the picnic basket back
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Great Britain = England, Scotland, Wales.

UK = Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

Irish Republic = not British.

Yes to all of the above.

The British Isles is something entirely different, it is a geographical term not a political one. It is an archipelago (group of islands) which is made up of two sovereign states, the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom. Same as the UK is still part of the European continent, but not being in the EU.

Back on topic, I've not seen anyone talking about the birds much. They're listed as feature, but it isn't clear what we can do apart from sing to them. Have I missed anything, or any thoughts on that? I hope there is some gameplay to it and not just being like a Disney Princess lol.

Both birds and bunnies can help with gardening when befriended.

That's how you know this is a game, because the bunnies in my town just straight up ate my green bean plants. Again.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am preparing my townie-sims for a new game. It is nice to fiddle about with things and plan while waiting for a new pack.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    That's how you know this is a game, because the bunnies in my town just straight up ate my green bean plants. Again.

I had some naughty ground squirrels deflower the potted dianthus on the ranch where I board my horses. I’ve got a bit of a private area with my own hay shed and a little deck so I put some flowers on it. The dianthus got eaten, but luckily, my agave, mint, rosemary, snapdragons and marigolds haven’t been touched. I really wanted to put some sweet basil or some kind of vegetable or fruit out, but I know those won’t survive the squirrels.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    In less than a week this thread gained 30 pages.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »

I think that's a testament to the devs giving the people what they wanted. It wasn't really on my list of priorities, but the themes in this pack were widely sought-after by the player base at large. They really knocked it out of the park on this one.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,007 Member
    edited June 2021
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I think that's a testament to the devs giving the people what they wanted. It wasn't really on my list of priorities, but the themes in this pack were widely sought-after by the player base at large. They really knocked it out of the park on this one.
    Pretty much the same for me, I even mentioned at "unpopular opinions" that I do NOT want farming pack. :)

And here am I figuring how to name cow, chickens and rooster!

Llama, fox and bunnies already have a names figured out :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

This is my favorite would be cool if sims could sit around together and sing like this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rojvawrMqRY
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Pretty much the same for me, I even mentioned at "unpopular opinions" that I do NOT want farming pack. :)

And here am I figuring how to name cow, chickens and rooster!

Llama, fox and bunnies already have a names figured out :p

I didn't want a farming pack either! But I had some ideas for backyard animal husbandry and country life that I'd enjoy, and they pretty much got all of them in this pack, plus stuff I didn't even think to want. And it is such a beautiful world with potential for a lot of stories (fantasy, historical, as well as the intended village life). While I can generally find positives in most dlc and end up buying the majority of them, this is the first must have with no doubts in a while.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    Just wanted to post an update on my Cottage Living giveaway. I'd initially said that I would post it later the day the trailer was released. Since we have quite a while until release I'll be posting it on July 1. One code for an international simmer and one code gifted through Origin for US simmers. 🙂

Are you planning to do another quiz-type thing? Also, can I still do the quiz even if I intend on getting the pack myself? I kind of enjoy the quizzes you find. :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,191 Member

Awesome. You are so nice doing this. I actually am saving to buy this. :smile: Won't kill me to pass on a chai latte or two for a bit.

However I am still using your links to try and win the Designer Pack

One more to go. Would be two but for some reason the game changer running it is not posting a winner so not sure what is going on there. :/

If not then I will save up some more (not with lattes though. I do have my limit)
    Keep the Sim!

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    edited June 2021
    I wish Sims could sit around and sing like this too. Enjoyed the singing in the video. :)
    MasonGamer wrote: »

This is my favorite would be cool if sims could sit around together and sing like this.

I wonder if some premade families will have some type of gameplay functions in Cottage Living like Knox, Bess and Tina Tinker had in EL.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member

Indeed indeed, but one thing’s for sure: This man’s pumpkin is not going to win a huge prize at the giant vegetable fair…

A26-FC7-C5-44-B3-43-A3-9-FFC-9-BCE20-EE5543.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,425 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I wish Sims could sit around and sing like this too. Enjoyed the singing in the video. :)

I wonder if some premade families will have some type of gameplay functions in Cottage Living like Knox, Bess and Tina Tinker had in EL.

Romeo said that the vegetable stall is run by a sim in the village. Agnes Crumplebottom and her cousin also run a garden stall in the game.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,555 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 rofl, that's hysterical. Maybe they should have a prize for the tiniest pumpkin too.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm concerned that the foxes will be nerfed shortly upon release.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top