Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,359 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »

We shouldn't really as the Irish aren't British.

True the Irish are the Irish but they’re notorious for invading just about any pub in the world…with their “music”. 😈

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obi1NzzK_74
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    @crocobaura A working tea set would be awesome. I still think it was such a missed opportunity we didn't get a tea ceremony with Snowy Escape. I would be all for a high-tea event in this pack where sims eat baked goods and drink tea together. :)

Also, looking forward to the cooking overhaul!

I would just love a tea tray that has the function to invite visiting sims to drink tea (and other drinks too for that matter). Hope its a new feature of the pack, because outside of Japan, who else is so well known for drinking tea, if not the Brits?

The Chai-nese? :lol: The Turkish also drink just about the same amount of teas as they drink coffee. :)

:) okay, maybe I should have said black tea.

Ewww who wants to drink black tea? Give me nice white tea with home made scones, fresh cream and raspberry jam please.

There's a little cafe in Worcestershire near a country walk we go on that sells just such an afternoon tea and the scones are to die for 😍
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    @crocobaura A working tea set would be awesome. I still think it was such a missed opportunity we didn't get a tea ceremony with Snowy Escape. I would be all for a high-tea event in this pack where sims eat baked goods and drink tea together. :)

I would just love a tea tray that has the function to invite visiting sims to drink tea (and other drinks too for that matter). Hope its a new feature of the pack, because outside of Japan, who else is so well known for drinking tea, if not the Brits?

The Chai-nese? :lol: The Turkish also drink just about the same amount of teas as they drink coffee. :)

Ewww who wants to drink black tea? Give me nice white tea with home made scones, fresh cream and raspberry jam please.

There's a little cafe in Worcestershire near a country walk we go on that sells just such an afternoon tea and the scones are to die for 😍

I'm obviously dealing with a true connoisseur. :) I was thinking more PG tips, but seriously I love tea in all its forms.
  • Options

:) What type of scones?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited June 2021

I'm obviously dealing with a true connoisseur. :) I was thinking more PG tips, but seriously I love tea in all its forms.

Better a pot of tea than a mug as you can get more cups out of it and it doesn't stain the cup/mug. I prefer strawberry jam on my scones. I hope we don't get into the which comes first, cream or jam on scones though.

We might not get tea drinking, as it was carefully avoided in Komerabi. You don't mess about with rituals!

PS: I been loving the music on here but woke up with the song "I am a cider drinker" going round and round in my brain when waking up this morning!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Simburian wrote: »

Better a pot of tea than a mug as you can get more cups out of it and it doesn't stain the cup/mug. I prefer strawberry jam on my scones. I hope we don't get into the which comes first, cream or jam on scones though.

We might not get tea drinking, as it was carefully avoided in Komerabi. You don't mess about with rituals!

Yes! The teapot is definitely non negotiable. Scones- you have me drifting off into my happy place. :p I can't eat them right now unfortunately, but they're definitely a favourite and I hadn't thought about the ritualist element of the Japanese tea ceremony before, it makes sense, but I'd like a tea tray for serving purposes.
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Anyone else dying for more news? I am just too excited to keep waiting on info 😅
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2021

No need to be nitpicky and exact and Ireland is part of the British isles anyway. I think Irish music would be lovely with the country theme and with the pubs. Hope we finally get a working tea set, since we didn't get any with the Moroccan set nor with the Japan inspired pack.

Yikes.
    I wouldn't mind Irish music, but the Irish may be unhappy to be lumped in with the Brits.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited June 2021
    Neither are me Sims. Yet a little bit of Irish pub music for me Sim lads and lasses is a good thing. :)

I'm also curious for the livestream to find out more.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Anyone else dying for more news? I am just too excited to keep waiting on info 😅

I’m really dying for a scone right now to be honest…😂
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member

True the Irish are the Irish but they’re notorious for invading just about any pub in the world…with their “music”. 😈

It seems it's not just limited to pubs! When I was visiting Japan in 2019, on a subway platform, I heard singing coming from behind. I looked behind me and there was a group of them, all in green, singing. I wasn't sure what the song was, it sounded like a folksy ballad about home. It was very unexpected and quite a scene to see, especially in that part of the world! Japan was hosting rugby that time, so I guess they were there to support the Irish team. I don't really follow sports, but I wish my visit there lasted long enough to witness the celebrations and revelry after one of Japan's big wins.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,085 Member

I am :) Down side for getting to know what the EP is so early. Waiting.. waiting.. and not even 22nd of June yet :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I just discovered this thread today so I haven't read but 3 or 4 comments. I am loving what I've seen so far. This takes me back to what I originally thought about sims 4. Giving us a completely different take on things. Some people want a rehash of the previous games but the current group seems to want to want to come up with new stuff or new versions of stuff that has been done. To me it is what the current team does best. This pack looks like a folktale come to life. Looking forward to it very much.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    This kind! With proper clotted cream.
    Scone.jpg?dl=0
    My mouth is watering. In fact, you can forget about the smelly tea, just give me the scones.
  • Options
    Scone.jpg?dl=0
    My mouth is watering. In fact, you can forget about the smelly tea, just give me the scones.

LOL :p M'mmm... I wonder if they will add a cream tea to the game? There are scones already, perhaps we could make one for ourselves, if not.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    Scone.jpg?dl=0

LOL :p M'mmm... I wonder if they will add a cream tea to the game? There are scones already, perhaps we could make one for ourselves, if not.

Yummy. Can’t wait to see all the new recipes.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @elanorbreton

OMG that pic just made me go into my Tesco shopping order for tomorrow and add scones and clotted cream :)<3
  • Options

Scone.jpg?dl=0

Here, Captain you can have mine.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Great Britain = England, Scotland, Wales.

UK = Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

Irish Republic = not British.

Yes to all of the above.

The British Isles is something entirely different, it is a geographical term not a political one. It is an archipelago (group of islands) which is made up of two sovereign states, the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom. Same as the UK is still part of the European continent, but not being in the EU.

Back on topic, I've not seen anyone talking about the birds much. They're listed as feature, but it isn't clear what we can do apart from sing to them. Have I missed anything, or any thoughts on that? I hope there is some gameplay to it and not just being like a Disney Princess lol.

Both birds and bunnies can help with gardening when befriended.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    It seems it's not just limited to pubs! When I was visiting Japan in 2019, on a subway platform, I heard singing coming from behind. I looked behind me and there was a group of them, all in green, singing. I wasn't sure what the song was, it sounded like a folksy ballad about home. It was very unexpected and quite a scene to see, especially in that part of the world! Japan was hosting rugby that time, so I guess they were there to support the Irish team. I don't really follow sports, but I wish my visit there lasted long enough to witness the celebrations and revelry after one of Japan's big wins.

It’s good that you didn’t stay longer ‘cause Ireland didn’t win.
    Its no fun if we don’t win. 😋

Scone.jpg?dl=0

Here, Captain you can have mine.

Oh goodness my, cheers!
    And I already ate 5!
    Who’s missing their share of scones? My tummy was screaming in despair and I accidentally gobbled them all up... 🤭

Sorrybouttha…😇
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    That chicken coop could honestly fit a suburban lifestyle on top of English Countryside. I'm thinking like the Sparks family in Young Sheldon.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2021

Eww. Nope. The smell of hot tea makes me gag (I'm really British, honest). Iced lemon tea or white coffee, even a frappe would work. Devon scones (plain, not fruited like Derby scones). Clotted cream first (not second like those odd Cornish folk over the county border). Fresh sliced strawberries or crushed raspberries on top of the cream (really not a jam fan). Proper job!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited June 2021
    Scone.jpg?dl=0

Thank goodness you put the top on. There's a furious argument between Devon & Cornwall over whether the cream goes on top or on the scone first! Even the Queen gets pulled into the argument! :o:D

See comment above mine, which I hadn't noticed! 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    NewEmersedCrownNewEmersedCrown Posts: 37 Member
    As a historical simmer, this pack is going to offer SO many great features.

I have a challenge called the Great British Sim Challenge and it goes through British history from the Iron Age to 00s. Being able to add farming to the challenge will make a HUGE difference. And, of course, this new world is modelled after British countryside.

I typically wait for a sale before buying any pack - I'm going full price here. I have never gone full price in all my years of plays Sims.

I haven't been this excited about a pack since Sims 3 Generations
  • Options
    As a historical simmer, this pack is going to offer SO many great features.

I have a challenge called the Great British Sim Challenge and it goes through British history from the Iron Age to 00s. Being able to add farming to the challenge will make a HUGE difference. And, of course, this new world is modelled after British countryside.

I typically wait for a sale before buying any pack - I'm going full price here. I have never gone full price in all my years of plays Sims.

I haven't been this excited about a pack since Sims 3 Generations

Sounds interesting, what does the challenge involve?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top