Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: May 27 & June 29, 2021 patches

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Bienchen's whimsoverhaul is working just fine :) (tested with no other mod installed).
  • Options
    chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member

I don't see any mention of it here, so... After I updated the game I noticed an issue with the build mode icons - if you are in build mode, a blue/green circle covers up the single tile and the whole room tile - and hovering over the icons doesn't help much. I was testing mods, and the only way for me NOT to have the icons covered is to use MCCC only. I tested cc mod folders, and I get the error with cc mods, with script mods... I tested one folder at a time, I cleared my cache, I started new with a game that has no cc or cheats in it....

The game itself plays fine. There are no LE's, but I find this annoying. I am going to go back and re-read the patch notes, but nothing is standing out to me. I removed every single UI mod that I have, all sliders, all known outdated mods and the suggested mods to remove when Better Exceptions was running. Since every organized folder I have is making this happen and I have 35Gb of mods, this will take a while.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    @Justsame Could you please clarify your testing steps?
    @prncssHermione88 Everything we know is on p. 1
    @anhaeeyn That's a tool for creators
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @texxx78 Has Bienchen noted this? I can't add on p. 1 otherwise.
    @chicvibe Check p. 1 for mods that have been updated or reported broken. Some known ones there have this effect. If that doesn't help, you'll need a 50-50. Please keep in mind that this Forum cannot report all possible mods because of game ratings.

Mod Updates
    Developer/Debug Access Panel (TwelfthDoctor1)

Reported Fine by Creator
    TwelfthDoctor1 — all mods not above
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JWidanka2006JWidanka2006 Posts: 34 Member
    Sorry to ask again, but any update on pimpmysims stuff yet? I have been trying to follow the updates as best as possible.
  • Options
    JustsameJustsame Posts: 3 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @Justsame Could you please clarify your testing steps?

Did the 50/50 as my sim couldn't interact with anyone

Loaded the updated game with updated MCCC, TMEX BE, Turbo's Mod all was OK until play began
    - Welcome wagon came over but I couldn't click on NPC to invite in
    - BE & MCCC LE notifications identified 'Python370\npcc.py' and NPCC 1.3.3
    - removed NPCC and all was OK

Hope that helps
  • Options
    @JWidanka2006 It'll be on p. 1 if it's been announced. If you want to hear faster, please join the their Discord or follow their Tumblr.
    @Justsame Could you test without those other updated mods, in case it's a mod conflict given they're updated? Thanks!

Reported Fine by Creator
    roBurky — Meaningful Stories, Fitness Controls
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    @luthienrising not yet...
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »
    @luthienrising not yet...

Okay. I can't add it then, but I'm sure Simmers can use the info :)

New Mods of Patch Relevance
    Hair Patch May 2021 Teeth Fix (standardheld)
  • Options
    ZebraInViolettZebraInViolett Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you so much for this thread! It’s a lifesaver!

Are there any news yet about the „Have some personality please“ mod by PolarBearSims?
  • Options
    OliviaBensonXOOliviaBensonXO Posts: 29 Member
    okay.. I don't really understand but thanks

> @luthienrising said:
    > We can't name them or their creators here. You'll find the info in the rules of some Discord servers.
    >
    > Mod Updates
    > Clean UI (TwistedMexi) - only if you don't have TOOL, though - they conflict
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    @haneul I'm sorry, my misstake. I thought you meant cc hairs. But yes, I've also noticed that the cc chairs stopped to work unfortunately :'(

@luthienrising thank you for the info. I don't really understand how the Sims 4 studio works. But great that there's a fix for the cc chairs for people who do :)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    Morning, all!
    @pallies1 Re. the CC chairs, there's a batch fix for them in Sims 4 Studio. You just have to put them back in builds after that.

Thanks for all the updates. That's too bad, though. I was trying to avoid the batch fix (since EA screwed up the chairs and should revert the accidental change they made). I wonder if I should try holding out another month. :#
  • Options
    lpskittenlpskitten Posts: 5 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > A note on CC hair: Your Sims WON'T be bald and the hairs WILL still be available in CAS. But they won't have the new colours until creators update them. This isn't batch-fixable, so please be patient with them.
    >
    > And on CC bunk bed: Worried about your CC bunk beds? Don't be! No update appears needed for them, Theuso/ @matheus_mar_1999 says, and reports:
    >
    > Broken CC
    > (to come)
    >
    > Updated CC
    > For existing CC hair with new swatches added, you can follow this Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/luthsthings/status/1398069623078199300. I'm also reblogging those on Tumblr and adding them in Creator Musings. It gets harder to manage here when it becomes a lot of them, as it probably will.

This is my first post here so I'm sorry If something is wrong but default replacement eyes seem to be broken. At least the Noodles Clarity eyes for all except unnatural.
  • Options
    JustsameJustsame Posts: 3 New Member
    @luthienrising tried as suggested and still the same interaction issue.
  • Options
    katt0102katt0102 Posts: 7 New Member
    Pancake and Mizore have updated More Traits and Color Sliders.
  • Options
    areumsimsareumsims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Justsame said:
    > Not sure if mentioned but NPCC by Paulson v1.3.3 seems to be broken and throwing out 'c:\Python370\npcc.py' LE's as the played household loads. It also prevents interactions with visiting sims. When the mod is removed the game plays smoothly.

I can also confirm that I got loading error when trying to load different lots with NPCC in game. The errors went away after I deleted the mod.
  • Options
    https://www.patreon.com/thepancake1 has updated color slider and more traits in cas
  • Options
    question.. are chingyu1023_Add Traits Menu & chingyu1023_Disallow Human Traits For Pets broken or not? I am really confused bc Pancake said the only two that needed updating were the ones they've just updated.. #help
  • Options
    chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2021
    @luthienrising - I believe this is custom content related - as in recolors, non-gameplay mods. I check script and gameplay mods first. I will be testing 35GB, so it will take a little time.

okay. I found an errant gameplay mod in one of my cc folders.....
    Post edited by chicvibe on
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @ZebraInViolett

I have not seen official word on the Personality Please mod, and am following on discord to keep an eye out too. However, I have been playing a few hours with that mod in and have not personally run into issues.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    @ZebraInViolett If it's not on p. 1, there's no word out yet.
    @pallies1 Sims 4 Studio batch fixes require only installing Sims 4 Studio and selecting the batch fix you need.
    @lpskitten A while ago -- like, some months ago -- all default CC eyes broke. Don't use anything that isn't recent. Check for updates for the ones you use.
    @OliviaBensonXO Everything chingyu has posted about is on p. 1. Her mods aren't pancake's, though often confused.

Thanks to people for tests and news!

Broken Mods
    • NPCC (Paulson)

Mod Updates
  • Options
    @luthienrising I have checked and updated them, even with the eye fix tool that came out a while back. They also updated for Eco Lifestyle but this is something I haven't seen before with cc eyes. Usually the fix does the trick but only the non default unnaturals are working
  • Options
    lpskitten wrote: »
    @luthienrising I have checked and updated them, even with the eye fix tool that came out a while back. They also updated for Eco Lifestyle but this is something I haven't seen before with cc eyes. Usually the fix does the trick but only the non default unnaturals are working

Have you tested alone and deleted localthumbcache? I've seen no other eye issue reports, whether Noodles Clarity eyes or another, so I'm suspecting that there's something else going on.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Have you tested alone and deleted localthumbcache? I've seen no other eye issue reports, whether Noodles Clarity eyes or another, so I'm suspecting that there's something else going on.

I did as you said and actually deleted the default eyes and now all BG eyes have the cc wrench on them

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top