Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: May 27 & June 29, 2021 patches

Comments

• ShinjiMShinjiM Posts: 84 Member
    thank's for this life saver again :D just curious.. any info about more CAS column?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hiya, thanks for all the work again! Just thought I'd let you know that the link for updated first impressions leads to this forum

Ack thank you! Will go hunt the right one down. (The Bienchen link should do that, though.)
    edit: Should be fixed now! There was a stray space in the coding.

Mod Updates
    Minimalist CC Icon (rheallsims)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LoreliLoreli Posts: 1 New Member
    After the 5/27/21 update my game won't play at all...I thought it was because of my mods/cc so I have disabled them. I even deleted mcc and wonderful whims from my mods folder. I was at first receiving a text field error message but now if I go into build mode I am unable to select items (this has been happening since the update). My Sims aspirration and character trait icons are missing aiso. I tried going into cas and creating a new character as well and the new likes/dislikes category was hidden behind the aspiration/character traits icons and I couldn't select anything. I can move furniture around but I can't even exit the game without selecting control/alt/delete. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Loreli wrote: »
    After the 5/27/21 update my game won't play at all...I thought it was because of my mods/cc so I have disabled them. I even deleted mcc and wonderful whims from my mods folder. I was at first receiving a text field error message but now if I go into build mode I am unable to select items (this has been happening since the update). My Sims aspirration and character trait icons are missing aiso. I tried going into cas and creating a new character as well and the new likes/dislikes category was hidden behind the aspiration/character traits icons and I couldn't select anything. I can move furniture around but I can't even exit the game without selecting control/alt/delete. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Might be best to start a new thread for these problems, since it will go a little off topic for this one
    @Loreli Please see p. 1 to update and remove mods, but also if you don't delete localthumbcache, the game might still read them as "here". If you still have issues, do a Game Repair. Your update might not have full happened.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Does anybody else having issues with the dislike & likes? For some reason the dislikes & likes are without any function in my game. When I click them nothing happens even in a brand new save. Is there a mod that could be the culprit for that? Although I have already tested without mods & repaired the game. Really weird.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2021
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Does anybody else having issues with the dislike & likes? For some reason the dislikes & likes are without any function in my game. When I click them nothing happens even in a brand new save. Is there a mod that could be the culprit for that? Although I have already tested without mods & repaired the game. Really weird.

Did you create a new sim through the story mode? Yesterday I started a new game with making a sim through storymode and I couldn't access likes, but then I added a completely new sim and then it worked for that sim.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2021

You should restart your game with a fresh Sims 4 folder then add the mods back in as they are updated or deemed compatible. To do this move your entire sims 4 folder to another location (ie your desktop) then restart the game and let it generate all new folders. Once you are sure your game is functioning properly, go into settings and select to allow script mods under "Other," exit your game, then you the "50/50 method to reintroduce mods to your game so can weed out the ones that are not working. This is the cost of using mods and CC. You should never start your game after a patch or addition of a pack without doing this. It will keep your save and tray safe while you work out the kinks.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    edited May 2021
    Yautjagirl wrote: »

Did you create a new sim through the story mode? Yesterday I started a new game with making a sim through storymode and I couldn't access likes, but then I added a completely new sim and then it worked for that sim.

Yes I tried to create a new Sims for tests, but nothing. I tried on my premade Sims, nothing. Seriously, what sense does this make if you can't use this on your already created Sims? SMH* - Did you pick a new Sim from the Gallery?

ETA: I just downloaded a Sim from the Gallery and the Sim has its likes & dislikes, but it is not editable. Like I've said, no function when clicking the likes and dislikes. Guess I will create a report.

You should restart your game with a fresh Sims 4 folder then add the mods back in as they are updated or deemed compatible. To do this move your entire sims 4 folder to another location (ie your desktop) then restart the game and let it generate all new folders. Once you are sure your game is functioning properly, go into settings and select to allow script mods under "Other," exit your game, then you the "50/50 method to reintroduce mods to your game so can weed out the ones that are not working. This is the cost of using mods and CC. You should never start your game after a patch or addition of a pack without doing this. It will keep your save and tray safe while you work out the kinks.

Thanks for your advise :) but I'm not a newbie when it comes to TS4. I've already done all that. And as I have written, I took all my mods out and still have this issue.

Mod Updates
    edited May 2021
    Without mods in my folder, everything in CAS works great, including the new likes and dislikes. I haven't tried it with mods yet however. I wonder if you need to use CAS.fulleditmode to adjust existing ones. It may be that once you set them, you have to cheat to change them, like traits.

on another note, I saw this post from Lumpinou:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-status-for-51797751

Capture.jpg

Thanks for your advise :) but I'm not a newbie when it comes to TS4. I've already done all that. And as I have written, I took all my mods out and still have this issue.

Thanks. I was just mentioning that for Loreli because they had mentioned that they disabled their mods. That is not the same as removing them. I apologize if you were offended.

• OliviaBensonXOOliviaBensonXO Posts: 29 Member
    who and why? (so i know for future reference)

> @luthienrising said:
    > Or pretty much anywhere. Most Discord servers will ban you for that one.

> @luthienrising said:

Pretty much any modder that designs mods or cc that violate the game's teen rating thread. There are some out there that are pretty bad actually.

• MyHeartSimsMyHeartSims Posts: 3 New Member
    > @ShinjiM said:
    > thank's for this life saver again :D just curious.. any info about more CAS column?

it worked fine for me, the three column version

> @luthienrising said:

We can't name them or their creators here. You'll find the info in the rules of some Discord servers.

Mod Updates
    Clean UI (TwistedMexi) - only if you don't have TOOL, though - they conflict
    Mod Updates
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • Lumpinou — all mods not listed in as updated
    Mod Updates

Thanks. I was just mentioning that for Loreli because they had mentioned that they disabled their mods. That is not the same as removing them. I apologize if you were offended.

Offended? geez not at all :) I know these advise are given to lots of ppl when they write that something doesn't work. Thanks for trying to be helpful ;)

• JustsameJustsame Posts: 3 New Member
    Not sure if mentioned but NPCC by Paulson v1.3.3 seems to be broken and throwing out 'c:\Python370\npcc.py' LE's as the played household loads. It also prevents interactions with visiting sims. When the mod is removed the game plays smoothly.
  • prncssHermione88prncssHermione88 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if custom careers were affected by the patch?
  • anhaeeynanhaeeyn Posts: 29 Member
    Aharris00britney posted new Ea natural swatches gradients https://aharris00britney.tumblr.com/post/652432352884277249/new-ea-natural-swatches-gradients-made-these-for

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top