Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dream Home Decorator GP

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member
Release date: June 1st, 2021

Trailer reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvGI0HoFP8

Features (so far):

Auto/curved sofas
Electric oven
Worktop stove
Walk-in-closet
More bunk beds

Comments

• Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Looks like a lot of new bunkbed designs and a new kitchen set is included which I'm happy about! Lots of modular furniture that fits together with shelves/accent tables too.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2021
    Two new kitchen appliances (or maybe they're the same appliance but just different designs). I don't think it's a microwave - at least not the first one, since there's a BG microwave to the right of the picture. They look like toaster ovens?
    jPPSnvU.pngzcKLKRb.png

It seemed to me like they put a lot of emphasis on families in the trailer. It could be a hint that family play will receive more attention, either through an update or a pack, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's nice that we're getting something (kids tent) for the kids in this pack, at least.

Favourite colours were mentioned, but it's probably just a randomized colour scheme for requests. I'm not getting my hopes up for a favourites patch.
    Edit: from blog post
    Everyone has Preferences, you know? Likes and Dislikes matter when it comes to decorating. So ask questions! Find out their favorite color and music genre and decor style. Ask about the things that inspire them, if they have any hobbies, what their favorite pieces are.
    I am very pleasantly surprised.

I'm liking the sectional sofas. I hope we can do this with most sofas, since we saw a sectional sofa tool screenshot leak a while ago. The bunk bed updates are nice as well.

As for gameplay, unless they're not telling us something, this doesn't look GP-worthy to me. There was a city in the background in a window, but it's probably San Myshuno, and I HIGHLY doubt that a new world wouldn't be advertised in the reveal trailer. iBVrYpW.png

Update: from blog post
    Client referrals make a real difference, but I used to blog and promote myself on social media, too. Now, you can watch me on the home decorator channel!
    New TV channel. Creation of blogs, or it's just an interaction on the PC/cellphone as an advertising mechanism. I'm hoping we can make blogs about anything.
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Kids tent
    Two new kitchen appliances (or maybe they're the same appliance but just different designs)
    jPPSnvU.pngzcKLKRb.png
    They look like toaster ovens?

Yeah, looks like a toster oven. There's also a new under-counter oven, and a new countertop range.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Kids tent
    Two new kitchen appliances (or maybe they're the same appliance but just different designs)
    jPPSnvU.pngzcKLKRb.png
    They look like toaster ovens?

Yeah, looks like a toster oven. There's also a new under-counter oven, and a new countertop range.

That would imply new recipes. Maybe more toasted sandwiches, toasted bagels, toasted waffles? Maybe kids can bake muffins like in TS3?
    Upon looking closer at the foods the sims are eating in the second pic, it looks like wraps and tramazinis.

Standalone countertops are very nice! Will definitely save space in small spaces.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Nope.
  • Options
    HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    They mention apartments in the trailer.. that to me sounds like there will be a new world with this pack that has new apartments in it as there is no basegame apartments and they generally don't reference other packs (except my first pet stuff of course)
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Not impressed at all with what I have seen from the trailer:

1. Those sectionals look uncomfortable and empty without any type of cushions/throws on them. The game is 7 years old and they haven't found a way of allowing players to place cushions on sofas :/... Honestly the massive modular sofas look like what you would find in drab diners and not in cozy homes.
    2. We all know those walk in closet objects are nothing but useless clutter. Nothing exciting about them.
    3. That playhouse looks unnecessarily huge with ugly textures/patterns
    4. The interior designer career is nothing exciting- its the same old same old talk to this sim, take pictures etc etc...

The only thing that I liked are the new kitchen appliances and that finally we can place stovetops separately from undercounter ovens. However, it must have been so simple for the dev team to do this, its shocking they took so long to finally make this change
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,394 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of "stuff" in that game pack trailer, but not a lot of "game". Did they get this and paranormal mixed up? Where's the new gameplay? A career that lets us *gasp* use build/buy mode?

I imagine the career is going to become boring soon.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    I will only get it for the items. I hope that other people will design nice looking homes that I can download from the gallery. I have no interest of designing anything, I have no skills and it bores me.
    I hope there's something else than one career. It seems like not enough for a game pack. :/
  • Options
    Hannee wrote: »
    They mention apartments in the trailer.. that to me sounds like there will be a new world with this pack that has new apartments in it as there is no basegame apartments and they generally don't reference other packs (except my first pet stuff of course)

Where did you hear mention of apartments? I listened to it again and didn't catch it.

As for the possibility of an unmentioned city world - nope, Forgotten Hollow was used in the trailer for the moody bathroom, so the city is definitely SM.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    It looks nice, but come on... We got a similar career in a stuff pack. How is this a GP?
    Also, there is so. much. talking in the trailer. Why.

Because they have to fill up the trailer and there’s not enough game play to do that.

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,940 Member
    Well, walk-in closets are already a thing...

But the toddler playtent isn't.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yeah. I'll give them this. Unlike their last game pack, I do plan on getting it eventually. But this is definitely a "wait till it's on sale" type of thing. They wanna sell me a stuff pack? Then I'm not buying until it's the price of a stuff pack. And I say this as a builder (who this pack seems to be geared towards). I am in no rush to get any of this. Especially since (as is often the case with TS4) I can find better looking stuff that's made by the community. Like the countertop stove that Ravasheen made, ages ago.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I think this is the most disappointed I have ever been with a revel.

I don’t like building. I do like decorating from time to time. And will probably find the career fun. Love the furniture and Cas.

But is this it? It’s feels like a big stuff pack. Are there no gameplay objects, no new animations(I say this as someone who defends recycled animations), no gameplay. It’s almost too niche an idea. Looking at other game packs it looks small.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I'm here to say I had a VISCERAL reaction to the re-decoration of the Goth home in that trailer. YOU ARE TAKING AWAY ALL THE GOTH-Y CHARM!

And...pool in kitchen sounds fun. Unrealistic but aboslutely fun.

-sees cowplant room- It says something that I immedately know who that is referencing.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member

I don’t like building. I do like decorating from time to time. And will probably find the career fun. Love the furniture and Cas.

But is this it? It’s feels like a big stuff pack. Are there no gameplay objects, no new animations(I say this as someone who defends recycled animations), no gameplay. It’s almost too niche an idea. Looking at other game packs it looks small.

Well, I don't think there's a biggest dissapointment than Batuu.

But that's the idea of a Game Pack, bigger than a Stuff Pack but smaller than a Expansion Pack.

2 KP = 1 SP
    2 SP = 1 GP
    2 GP = 1 EP
  • Options
    HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    Hannee wrote: »

Where did you hear mention of apartments? I listened to it again and didn't catch it.

As for the possibility of an unmentioned city world - nope, Forgotten Hollow was used in the trailer for the moody bathroom, so the city is definitely SM.

In the part where the protagonist sim tells the story about her parents, "My mom, she was determined to make that little apartment her own" at 2.20 in the trailer

Hopefully they do add either a new world or a way to build apartments as I've heard people ask for that ability but who knows :neutral:
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited May 2021
    Disappointing. I like the items included, but I do not think they're asking for a fair price for this at all. This could've been a SP because the career is honestly something most of us could go without. That's all this is. A career and items.

I'll only get this if I won it in a giveaway because I do want the items, but I just can't justify spending $20 on virtual furniture and a career I'll never touch.

I miss when it was just EPs and SPs. GPs allow EA to give us less and less for more money.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My first impression is similar to every thing posted here. Lots of new very lovely looking items but lacking game play. I'll wait and see when we have more information. but after squeezing Paranormal and all it contained into a stuff pack, this one REALLY has to impress to be GP price worthy.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »

Well, I don't think there's a biggest dissapointment than Batuu.

But that's the idea of a Game Pack, bigger than a Stuff Pack but smaller than a Expansion Pack.

2 KP = 1 SP
    2 SP = 1 GP
    2 GP = 1 EP

When I said big stuff pack I mean it feels like a stuff pack with a some more BB items. But does not feel bigger. I will say without knowing everything added even Batuu looks better than this to me and I don’t own Batuu.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I don't understand... where's the gameplay? It's just building?
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    This must be the smallest anount of gameplay ever! My Sim makes a friendly introduction to the customer Sim, "Get to know" and takes a photo then it is straight into build mode