Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Source of (de)motivation

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
edited May 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

Actually the objects and the sims influence the emotions.

You know this Tiktok trend "I don't cook, I don't clean" ... [Source of Motivation] ... "Yes, I do the cooking. Yes, I do the cleaning"
Sometimes it's nice to do chores for somebody else. For example cooking for a date or a family meeting.

The opposite behavior could also be possible when it's about an enemy.
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I don't know a lot about Tik Tok, except what I try to forget ever having seen; but I really like your idea of cooking for a date.

I tried that when SE had just arrived, in their kitchen, but they started to yell at my sim telling them it was inappropriate, and the result was a sentiment of anger and hurt. A bit off from what I intended.

If sims are able to use other sim's kitchens it would make a different gameplay possible. I don't understand the culture of thinking it is inappropriate to cook or clean for someone else, but using their personal computer is okey. I would think for integrity reasons the opposite applies; but the game allows one behaviour, but not the other. Games have their own logic of course, but gameplay should also be intuitive - especially since this iteration have no manual, that I can find, except the few and shallow 'lessons' in the game UI.

I do not want to get the reward trait Always Welcome for all sims, since I do not think it is a behaviour to exercise everywhere - just for, let's say friends, extended family, lovers. It could be tied to relationship levels.