I would like to discuss the things you have seen across the series where Sims in the game interact with the player AKA camera and are no where to be found in TS4.
If you have such knowledge or have seen this in the past three games please post!
I was thinking about TS4 and of course TS2 and those comparison threads of the 50 things etc. However, no has posted one about the interactions the Sims in the series have done in the past that aren't even in TS4.
Recognition and interaction with the player.
1. Sims in TS2 may walk in and turn off a TV on a community lot then look up at the camera and wink at the player. (I would consider this an interaction with the player as if they know you are there). I wonder who decided to add things like that.
2. In TS1 and TS2 when Sims look for a job the game's popup ask the player 'Do you want Johnny(insert name) to take this job?' If they don't have one. If they do have one but you want to change it and get a new job, the Sim informs the player 'I already have a job, should I take this job?' or something to that effect.
3. In TS2, When Sims are out and do something a townie sees and likes and or your other Sims on a lot (not playing) they may give the player two thumbs up for whatever it is that the player did with another Sim. This happens more often if the player makes a Sim flirt somehow with another Sim, like goose a Sim, another Sim on the lot may give the player two thumbs up while looking right at the player. Weird but funny. TS2 developers had a sense of humor it would seem.
4. In TS2 when Sims don't want to do something, they grumble and look at the camera and express this by either clinching fists by sides, and shrugging shoulders. But they always look at the player as if "Don't make me." Darn it. lol They do this in TS1 but never looked at the player/camera.
5. In TS2 other Sims (traits/personality) may rub their hands together if you command them do something and will also look at the player (And it always hits the mark of the camera when they do this) straight in your eyes (well programmed to hit the exact mark of the camera.
6. In TS2 and TS3 if you zoom closer, sometimes the Sim will look at the camera, straight into your eyes or up at you, as if to say 'yes, what?' lol
That's all I can think of at the moment.
Question, do you miss these interactions with the player and do you think it adds depth or is it just too creepy and like TS4 doesn't have any of this?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1