Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New mystery slot spotted in CAS in today's livestream

nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
I'm surprised no one is talking about it!

They (accidentally?) showed the CAS screen during today's livestream and something was different than usual 👀 among other things like not yet revealed hair, there was a new slot under the aspiration and traits slots:

Since it seems to be tied to the aspiration and has got the exact same shape as the chosen aspiration (just on the opposite side), I'm guessing this could be a secondary aspiration.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    A secondary aspiration would be nice! An extra trait slot as well.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Huh. Aspirations are already changeable, so I wonder what they're doing with that? Is there a 4th trait slot? I don't see it there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »

A secondary aspiration or a long term life wish like in TS2 Freetime/TS3 would be phenomenal. I personally hate how the current Aspirations in TS4 are, because of the fact that they're split into multiple milestones with multiple goals...it makes them extremely tedious to go through, it's too much hand holding from the devs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    To me aspirations are more like walk-throughs for each new DLC than actual aspirations.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

A secondary aspiration or a long term life wish like in TS2 Freetime/TS3 would be phenomenal. I personally hate how the current Aspirations in TS4 are, because of the fact that they're split into multiple milestones with multiple goals...it makes them extremely tedious and it's too much hand holding from the devs.

• Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Huh. Aspirations are already changeable, so I wonder what they're doing with that? Is there a 4th trait slot? I don't see it there.

Simscommunity corrected themselves a few minutes later, pointing out that it indeed wasn't a trait slot! It's still the good old 3 traits slots.
    And yes, I agree, having two aspirations at the same time would be kind of pointless since you can easily change them with no penalty whatsoever.

I'm hoping for a secondary aspiration akin to TS2 aspirations, more long-term and set in stone once you've created your sim. TS4 aspirations always felt like "hobbies" to me and not true aspirations. I do like completing the challenges though, but having a long-term aspiration would be so complementary! :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2021
    hmm its interesting its connected to the aspiration thing not to other traits....

but WHAT IF instead of aspiration....
    its the opposite :flushed:
    worst fear or perhaps fatal flaw :smirk:

i mean it probably ain't but gal can dream
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    hmm its interesting its connected to the aspiration thing not to other traits....

but WHAT IF instead of aspiration....
    its the opposite :flushed:
    worst fear or perhaps fatal flaw :smirk:

i mean it probably ain't but gal can dream

man i loved the fatal flaws on the sims medieval, and also that you could redeem them and gain an heroic trait instead!
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Don't get my hopes up! :s Fatal flaws would be the icing on the cake, anything to aid in the torment of my sims
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I just saw a video by Fantaysia and she is speculating it could possibly be for zodiac signs. I really like that idea, I’ve been missing having those in the game. Maybe that will somehow give more personalities.🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Either an aspiration dependent trait (ex you pick between materialistic or ambitious for a fortune aspiration, romantic or commitment issues for a romance aspiration) or a personality flaw.
  • Options
    GoodGrimGoodGrim Posts: 10 New Member
    If like nasch_katze is true, I can do the Strangerville aspiration and the City Living aspiration at the same time?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I hope they keep adding Trait Slots in the CAS. Also, I would love it if they add a couple of Lot Trait Slots for the lots. ;)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited March 2021
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Either an aspiration dependent trait (ex you pick between materialistic or ambitious for a fortune aspiration, romantic or commitment issues for a romance aspiration) or a personality flaw.

A slot specifically for a flaw would be really fun.

Maybe we could have a long-term aspiration and a short-term aspiration.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    I have a strong suspicion that it's gonna be something related to the upcoming generations-related pack. Maybe (lifetime) aspirations that go along with the different life stages?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I have a strong suspicion that it's gonna be something related to the upcoming generations-related pack. Maybe (lifetime) aspirations that go along with the different life stages?

I don't think it's an aspiration, more like something derived from it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm sitting here wondering what colors of hair is coming? I do hope they give us an honest-to-goodness light BROWN hair. What we have now is Chestnut. Light brown hair is technically in the blond category. So, I would like a true light brown hair color, please. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi GalacticGal, I've noticed the new hair color swatches. They look like lighter browns, new blondes, new grey, an actual black & white hair colors. No new neon hair colors though.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Remember when they added Sims stories and they simmer asked if it is possible for us to create our own version of stories setting our own skills as a starting point instead of randomize? Seeing that the slot is the same as the Story feature I wouldn't be surprise if that would be it.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Remember when they added Sims stories and they simmer asked if it is possible for us to create our own version of stories setting our own skills as a starting point instead of randomize? Seeing that the slot is the same as the Story feature I wouldn't be surprise if that would be it.

That'ld be so cool!
  • Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

One word: YES. Finally (oops, two words.)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I just saw a video by Fantaysia and she is speculating it could possibly be for zodiac signs. I really like that idea, I’ve been missing having those in the game. Maybe that will somehow give more personalities.🤷‍♀️

This would be great, I also want to see likes and dislikes as well as zodiacs.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

This would be great, I also want to see likes and dislikes as well as zodiacs.

I'd prefer likes/dislikes to Zodiac. Both can cause personality clashes, but I feel likes/dislikes would be way more customisable with more combinations.

I don't think it would be an aspiration related trait because we already get the permanent bonus trait when picking the first adult aspiration (Muser for creative aspirations, Collector for nature ones etc). You can actually use this as a way to get an extra personality trait if you pick an aspiration purely for the bonus trait and immediately change it to something else once in game.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A secondary aspiration seems pretty useless to me never have I thought I wish my Sim had a second aspiration I really hope its something else.

Why cant they just give me personality points with wants and fears that align with them what they have now is horrible I don't want more of that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Likes/Dislikes for the win! I loved that in TS2 I could set the preference of a Sim so that he/she wouldn't fall in love with everyone like in TS4!