Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chores Kit

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

It misses :
  • Washing the windows
  • Cleaning the swimming pool
  • Ironing the clothes
  • Mowing the lawn

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2021
    Honestly I wouldn’t mind lawn mowers. I guess they’d have to make the grass grow, but It could work like the dust system, with patches of longer grass appearing on the lawn. I’d like that, as long as they don’t add weed monsters or something.....
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Nope. It's better to just hire someone and mowing the grass isn't all that exciting.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    They could start by bringing back the make bed interaction.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited March 2021
    Here is what I think would be a good list for a FEW additional chores

1. Make the Bed - This being an automatic thing just isn't true to life. I also think changing the sheets would be a positive addition
    2. Pool Cleaning - I think cleaning the pool might be tedious and a waste of time however they have those robot vacuums in real life so why not one of those or hire a pool boy. I can see the Pool Boy affair stories now.
    3. Trimming the bushes - But just on the boxwoods. In fact if they made a few shapable topiaries that would add some fun gameplay elements.
    4. Tending to the weeds. I wouldn't mind if they brought back weeds the way we had them in Sims 2. If it's just a few in the yard then the gardener or the Sims can just pull. However I think if they get out of control then the Gardener can be called and he'll spray the weeds and they die quickly.
    5. Change the water & Clean the Birdbath - This implies that we get a Birdbath object similar to the Bird Feeder that we can observe Birds using. It would be a nice addition to gardens, more of an ambiance thing than anything.
    6. Window Cleaning - Im not opposed to window cleaning but only as it applies to the inside. I think we might run into ridiculous routing issues for external windows. Especially on multi-story buildings

Realistic chores they can add to existing items - Not riveting gameplay but if you want a few new chores for your Sims or their Maids & Butlers to do.

1. Self-clean cycle on the Dishwasher
    2. Self-Clean Cycle on the Clothing Washer
    3. Clean the Lint Trap on the Dryer
    4. Clean the Fireplace
    5. Dust the Fireplace Mantle with a Feather Duster
    6. Dust the Bookshelf with a Feather Duster
    7. Shoveling snow off the sidewalks
    8. Airing the Tires on Bikes
    9. Wipe out the microwave
    10. Wipe the mirror
    11. Wind the Grandfather Clock
    12. Tune the Piano
    13. Tune the Guitar
    14. Tune the Violin

If you count Errands as chores then I wouldn't mind

1. Going to the Grocery store - This implies we get a Grocery Store (Sims 2 style please) to go to (But that's a whole other post)
    2. Taking Pets for their regularly scheduled vaccinations
    3. Send Sims to the Doctor for their Vaccinations
    4. Go to the Dentist

Chores that Imply we get a few new cool things

1. Dust the nectar rack bottles. I honestly want nectar making back
    2. Take the leaves to the compost bin
    3. Clean out the Parrot cage
    4. Tune the strings on the Harp
    5. Automobile maintenance (See Below)

If we get Automobiles

1. Wash the car
    2. Change the oil
    3. Air the tires
    4. Change the tires

Chores we can do without

1. Ironing - Really? what riveting game play
    2. Mowing the lawn. Honestly I think that would be a drag on resources for the grass needing to grow and then that would be everywhere.
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    We have weeds, they grow around the harvestable plants. The trash plant is also a sort of weed. In TS2 weeds would grow if you didn't mop up the puddles in the yard, in TS4 they grow if you leave trash on the ground. Kind of the same thing.
    Maybe for pools we could have interaction like chlorinate pool or filter water.
    I would like if they bring back the watering house plants interaction, right now they all behave like plastic plants. Maybe they could introduce a few that are alive and need to be watered of fed once in a while, plants like orchids, lucky bamboo, african violets, begonias, even some small flowering cactuses.
    Also, would like to see cleaning mirrors, my sims use them often, surely they must get dirty once in a while. And for households with pets, how about cleaning pet hair from the couches and beds?
    My sims never hire the maid or the butler because there's not much for them to do around the house. Most of my sims are fairly neat without having the neat trait, they wash their hands, do their bed, clean the dishes, occasionally do laundry, and they like to cook their own food even though there's already fresh food laid out on the counter.
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    We have weeds, they grow around the harvestable plants. The trash plant is also a sort of weed. In TS2 weeds would grow if you didn't mop up the puddles in the yard, in TS4 they grow if you leave trash on the ground. Kind of the same thing.
    Maybe for pools we could have interaction like chlorinate pool or filter water.
    I would like if they bring back the watering house plants interaction, right now they all behave like plastic plants. Maybe they could introduce a few that are alive and need to be watered of fed once in a while, plants like orchids, lucky bamboo, african violets, begonias, even some small flowering cactuses.
    Also, would like to see cleaning mirrors, my sims use them often, surely they must get dirty once in a while. And for households with pets, how about cleaning pet hair from the couches and beds?
    My sims never hire the maid or the butler because there's not much for them to do around the house. Most of my sims are fairly neat without having the neat trait, they wash their hands, do their bed, clean the dishes, occasionally do laundry, and they like to cook their own food even though there's already fresh food laid out on the counter.

There's a bug related to that. It's super annoying.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They could start by bringing back the make bed interaction.

Yes and let’s keep it at that. 😅
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »

1. Make the Bed - This being an automatic thing just isn't true to life. I also think changing the sheets would be a positive addition
    2. Pool Cleaning - I think cleaning the pool might be tedious and a waste of time however they have those robot vacuums in real life so why not one of those or hire a pool boy. I can see the Pool Boy affair stories now.
    3. Trimming the bushes - But just on the boxwoods. In fact if they made a few shapable topiaries that would add some fun gameplay elements.
    4. Tending to the weeds. I wouldn't mind if they brought back weeds the way we had them in Sims 2. If it's just a few in the yard then the gardener or the Sims can just pull. However I think if they get out of control then the Gardener can be called and he'll spray the weeds and they die quickly.
    5. Change the water & Clean the Birdbath - This implies that we get a Birdbath object similar to the Bird Feeder that we can observe Birds using. It would be a nice addition to gardens, more of an ambiance thing than anything.
    6. Window Cleaning - Im not opposed to window cleaning but only as it applies to the inside. I think we might run into ridiculous routing issues for external windows. Especially on multi-story buildings

Realistic chores they can add to existing items - Not riveting gameplay but if you want a few new chores for your Sims or their Maids & Butlers to do.

4. Clean the Fireplace
    10. Wipe the mirror
    12. Tune the Piano
    13. Tune the Guitar
    14. Tune the Violin

1. Going to the Grocery store - This implies we get a Grocery Store (Sims 2 style please) to go to (But that's a whole other post)
    4. Go to the Dentist

If we get Automobiles

1. Wash the car
    2. Change the oil
    3. Air the tires
    4. Change the tires

Chores we can do without

2. Mowing the lawn. Honestly I think that would be a drag on resources for the grass needing to grow and then that would be everywhere.

At what point do they go to work, interact with family and friends, go on vacation? Considering how long it takes to just shower this list would take a whole 28 day season to complete. There is a limit on how realistic this game can be. It’s a satirical life simulation not an exact duplication.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »

4. Clean the Fireplace
    10. Wipe the mirror
    12. Tune the Piano
    13. Tune the Guitar
    14. Tune the Violin

4. Go to the Dentist

If we get Automobiles

1. Wash the car
    2. Change the oil
    3. Air the tires
    4. Change the tires

Chores we can do without

At what point do they go to work, interact with family and friends, go on vacation? Considering how long it takes to just shower this list would take a whole 28 day season to complete. There is a limit on how realistic this game can be. It’s a satirical life simulation not an exact duplication.

That list is a simple selection of standard chores we do in the real world. I would not think that they would put in all of my listed chores but if they put in a few that would be fine. But several items I listed were things we had in Sims 2 just for reference. Several were in Sims 3 as well.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    They should remaster the parenthood bulletin, to set chores.