Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope TS5 won't be released before TS4 is fixed.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Just let people complain and give feedback in peace and stop playing moral high ground, there is a moderator for a reason if they breach the rules mod will act on those, I see quite often people attacking other people just because they are vocal about some issues, and they themselves who attacked other people also complain a lot when they have an issue of their own.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me, every version there was something always broken when EA/Maxis moved on to the next and with Sims 4 I quite sure there will be something left broken or an few things.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is always going to be considered broken to somebody.

I personally agree that it’s missing many things, but I’m also thinking, “well, if it had these features, would I start playing it more?” And, truthfully, I think the answer is an astounding, “no”. The core game is just a recycled snooze fest that I already have in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. Emotions aren’t a fun system offering replayability and the rest of TS4’s offerings aren’t enticing to me.

I just feel there is more potential in The Sims 5 than The Sims 4. At the same time, I’m definitely expecting aggressive monetization if the game is any good. I believe The Sims 4 was a little more lenient in the beginning from what was actually planned because of the backlash. Now that they’re hooking people in with a $1 base game charge, they’re going wild with things such as kit packs now.

Sometimes, I am slightly tempted to play this game again, on days I'm out of ideas about my older games and need a break. And even tempted to put up with Origin being cranky to my pc, and even some minor bugs, but then I think about the actual Sim, and I have to agree, the emotion system is so over the top it removes all traits if they have any at all. The skills over shadow the trait personalities to the point they are all the same in the long run if not just temporarily. I almost do it, then I cringe at the thought of the actual Sim's lack of personality so I never did get all the packs and or GPs or even bother to keep up anymore. It's just too much trouble. The kits and or even newer packs I don't have seem slightly interesting some days but then the bug ridden problems in all those packs that remain broken and the Sim itself make me think twice until the point three years have past since the last time I played.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.