Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope TS5 won't be released before TS4 is fixed.

DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
So I read that TS5 is in the works, but it kinda worries me because TS4 is still incomplete (we don't even have cars or personalities, etc), the content we have is lacking and it has a gazillion bugs that make it barely playable in some cases. Some DLC like Dine Out never worked properly.

I mean if you have all EPs, GP, SPs, unless you are a game changer you already paid over $700 or your local equivalent, and even with such an amount of money the game is still buggy and lacking in terms of content. And they're adding kits now!! How much more are they gonna milk out of us ?

So honestly, I'd feel disrespected as a customer and ripped off if they release TS5 without fixing TS4 first. Because is it worth over $700 right now ? Not really, no.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    My hope is that when it does release it is a full, good game. Ive been waiting since TS4 came out for the next to come, because i realize the core of the game just doesnt work for me. I dont think TS4 + all the dlc is worth the asking price and maybe some are worth it on sale. I only own base game, outdoor retreat, and bought parenthood + dine out for my little sister because she likes it. All was bought on sale.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    If the past is any indicator of what may happen, I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't wish to be a Debbie Downer, but there were glitches left in Sims2 after the very last SP, Mansions & Gardens, which were never addressed, unless they were fixed when the Sims2: Collection was released a few years back to those who at least purchased one pack online. Happily, I was one of those. My infant grandson destroyed my base game disk, so there was no way I could reinstall the game. (I had everything disk-wise, plus a few select items from the Store.) I didn't play Sims2 again, long enough to see if the bug that caused me such great ire to immediately uninstall the whole thing to know if it was fixed or not. I just threw up my hands and said I'm done. Uninstalled it toot sweet. Big mistake on my part those Store-bought items are now forever gone. Oh, well. Sims 5 may come out just after Sims4 is deemed complete. We'll have to wait and see. But I can tell you now, that if it's not a single player game, I won't be moving on.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think we are all hoping that the sims4 will not be left with unfixed bugs. I wonder if the laundry list (a page where they will post what they are working on when it comes to bug fixes) will be a way for them to keep us updated on what they will prioritize before the game ends. I do hope that they have some kind of end plan.

Maybe kits are a way for them to shift away focus on making larger changes to the sims4 and just make smaller content, kind of like what they did for the sims3.
    Post edited by logion on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    If the past is anything to go off then I would not get hope up to much. Both the Sims 2 and 3 have been left unfixed with bugs. When I played the Sims 3 a while back I had to add quite a few little bug fix mods for the game.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    The sims 4 is the most expensive though they better, the thing is perhaps they cant just leave it this time because they decided the first time ever they released the exact same version on console, console is very protected unlike PC, theres also a policy, the game has to work on console no exceptions, if the game is broken the console player has to tell the developer politely and give them a chance to fix it, if the developer refuses to fix it, the developer will have to give full refund to the player, EA would hate that 🤣, so there would be no point in just fixing console and not PC
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    If the past is anything to go off then I would not get hope up to much. Both the Sims 2 and 3 have been left unfixed with bugs. When I played the Sims 3 a while back I had to add quite a few little bug fix mods for the game.

I had to employ at least 20 mods to be able to play Sims3. I had a love/hate relationship with it. Lost my singer Sim somewhere in WA and couldn't bring the honeymooning couple back. I posted a thread about it and Twallen, himself, jumped into the post and told me about his Travelers Mod. I swallowed my fears (boolprop scared the beejeebies out of me) and learned how to download and install mods. The man was correct, it fixed the unfixable and I got my singer and his bride back! Yay. From there I learned of more of his mods, via NRaas, Ind. and what ones I needed. Ultimately, I believe it was 20 or more just to make the game playable for me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I havent spent that much because i bought all of my packs during sales, except for one. I even bought the base game with more than half off. They were worth that price point more than the original prices, for me. I still want bug fixes though, because as it stands some packs are near worthless to me since their major features that i bought them for just dont work in my game, the prime example being get together, those social clubs have never worked for me, not even once, and i bought that pack almost a year ago. It was reported long ago in the bug forums by others but to no avail. It might be because not a big number of people reported it. They have been leaving bugs and moving on since sims 2, as far as i know, but here is to trying to be more optimistic, and maybe some bugs just cant be fixed?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Looking at the state TS3 was left in, it looks like you're hoping TS5 never gets released then
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited March 2021
    Not to mention the state they left TS2 in. Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space, anyone?

@GalacticGal That happened to me too, reinstalled Sims 3 installed most of the NRAAS stuff, but didn't think to install Traveller, started a save, sent the sims to Uni and they got stuck there. Got them out of Uni with the aid of Traveller, but the original world was lost, lucky it wasn't a legacy save.

I read that before Traveller some people just ended up putting a town hall and all the mod cons in the Uni world and staying there.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    So I read that TS5 is in the works, but it kinda worries me because TS4 is still incomplete (we don't even have cars or personalities, etc), the content we have is lacking and it has a gazillion bugs that make it barely playable in some cases. Some DLC like Dine Out never worked properly.

I mean if you have all EPs, GP, SPs, unless you are a game changer you already paid over $700 or your local equivalent, and even with such an amount of money the game is still buggy and lacking in terms of content. And they're adding kits now!! How much more are they gonna milk out of us ?

So honestly, I'd feel disrespected as a customer and ripped off if they release TS5 without fixing TS4 first. Because is it worth over $700 right now ? Not really, no.

The work on TS5 has nothing to do with the work on TS4 as it’s two different teams. TS4 will never be completely fixed as not everyone experiences the same bugs at the same time. You can’t really use cars as an example because cars is a want not a need, as is most items. Your “complete” game isn’t going to be exactly the same as someone else’s.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    hmm seeing how they left past games then that's not an option. some of the bugs are expensive to fix or too hard, unless they make the game unplayable and people complain, they won't bother.
    there is no game without bugs anyways, but issues like simulation lag probably won't be fixed.

as for the content still missing, ts4 perhaps won't have many features past sims games have, it had a rough start so it had to be different from previous iterations. we don't know when will ts4 end or everything that will get added though.
    what we know is that ea will keep milking the game perhaps even if ts5 launches lol
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They never fix the games before moving on, Sims 3 was just abandoned with a long list of buggy and broken content that never got fixed. Making their content functional after purchase has never been a big priority :#
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Am i the only one whos never had bugs with TS3 and TS2? 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    There are still bugs in 2 and 3 that have never been fixed.

I doubt 4 will be any different.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The Sims 4 is always going to be considered broken to somebody.

I personally agree that it’s missing many things, but I’m also thinking, “well, if it had these features, would I start playing it more?” And, truthfully, I think the answer is an astounding, “no”. The core game is just a recycled snooze fest that I already have in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. Emotions aren’t a fun system offering replayability and the rest of TS4’s offerings aren’t enticing to me.

I just feel there is more potential in The Sims 5 than The Sims 4. At the same time, I’m definitely expecting aggressive monetization if the game is any good. I believe The Sims 4 was a little more lenient in the beginning from what was actually planned because of the backlash. Now that they’re hooking people in with a $1 base game charge, they’re going wild with things such as kit packs now.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Judging from the past, highly unlikely. The Sims 2 still featured bugs that would corrupt your entire game if you went messing with anything related to gravestones / special NPC's, and The Sims 3 needs about 15 mods to even run properly because the game code is faulty to a T, and the worlds are full of unroutable things.

I don't wanna crush your hopes or anything, but EA = only cares about profit, and bugfixes do not generate money, only costs.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Judging from the past, highly unlikely. The Sims 2 still featured bugs that would corrupt your entire game if you went messing with anything related to gravestones / special NPC's, and The Sims 3 needs about 15 mods to even run properly because the game code is faulty to a T, and the worlds are full of unroutable things.

I don't wanna crush your hopes or anything, but EA = only cares about profit, and bugfixes do not generate money, only costs.

That's it in a nustshell! I'm sure some bugs may be hard for them to recreate, but the list of bugs still not fixed from years and years ago by many, many people most definitely could be "recreated' by someone if they were actually looking to see what people are talking about.

But as you said ... bug fixes don't net profit (even tho a smart company, would want to have satisfied customers to retain them and boast about the company and their customer service.)

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    No need to worry about TS5 anytime soon---EA/Maxis are going to milk the cash cow that is TS4 for every penny before they move on
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    The only time the bug fixes are really prioritised is when the given bug affects a high number of players, and or makes the game unplayable. The bug fix for the Father Winter situation was pushed out very quickly because it was a Very Big Deal, for instance. So I suspect those kinds of bug, at least, if they crop up, will be fixed before TS5 (which I expect around 2023-2024), but the smaller ones that are just annoying are unlikely to be fixed.

Given what we've heard about TS5 so far, in that they seem to be leaning very multi-player/online function moving forward, I may not be playing it either way. It depends on the execution of it. Truthfully I think the Sims community is too diverse to peaceably work together on something truly multi-player, but that's me.

Anyway, I digress. I expect TS4 to be saddled forever with as many bugs as TS2 and TS3, and modders to pick up the slack. This is why I don't ever get the game on console and would never. I need mods to adjust the game to how I want to play and help with the bugs I experience.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    TS3 still has bugs being left, I see no reason why they would do different for Sims 4, unless the developer fixed the bugs just a month or two after they were being introduced into the game then I can have that optimism, but no, Get to Work detective career is still broken as ever, dine out restaurant still don't care whether your sims ordered their food earlier than the rest of the patron, vampire bug from get famous only get fixed exactly a year later, and the lists go on.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited March 2021
    I just don't see any hope for TS5 to be any better than ts4 if ts4 never reaches its full potential and remains broken

it would just kind of be like trying to make cake and each time plan out more awesome grander cake

but you never make the cake
    because you stopped after making batter, threw it in trash so no one can enjoy cake it would have made

and made new batter that also never gets to be a cake because oh boy your sights are already set on new batter

perhaps people are obsessed with ideas of this new grand cake that uses different batter but if you keep making new batter at every whim trashing the old batter...

you are just filling trashbins and making nothing enjoyable wasting everything

i would much rather see this cake in its full glory, eat it, and then consider making the next cake.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I would like the Sims 4 to be complete and all bugs fixed before they stop support of it, but with EA's track record I don't hold out much hope for that happening.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hoped it was going to be that way with the Sims 3 too, but didn't happen. I just hope they take their time on making the Sims 5 a more stable base game than the Sims 3 and 4 was. I do know if the Sims 5 goes the MMO route, bugs will increase just because there is so much more code that has to go into them to make the servers and chat systems run well and needs to be a more more in-depth moderation system than what forums has.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

That's it in a nustshell! I'm sure some bugs may be hard for them to recreate, but the list of bugs still not fixed from years and years ago by many, many people most definitely could be "recreated' by someone if they were actually looking to see what people are talking about.

But as you said ... bug fixes don't net profit (even tho a smart company, would want to have satisfied customers to retain them and boast about the company and their customer service.)
    That is why I have had to send my save files and exception files to them directly before. That way there is proof in the coding of the bug happening and how it happened. Sometimes I share photos too. I have to be very detailed in my bug reports to get them done I've noticed. I just wish there was a more modern bug reporting system than EA has. It's become archaic.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    So you don't want Sims 5 to come out at all? That my friends is called a knee slapper, I'll be here all week.