Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Generations was the next EP, would you buy it?

Comments

• Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I'd wait for a sale
    I never cared much for it in TS3, as kid/teens/elders aren't ages I like to play with (esp. elders), but I'd be happy to see it as the next E.P. considering that's what the community want (that and farming too... but Stardew Valley will always cover that part better), and therefore, that would imply that, for once, they listened to feedback and shown some consideration for a highly requested pack.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Only if...
    I put 'Only If' but in reality, I probably would. I just really need prom to be a party type for teens instead of a rabbit hole.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'd wait for a sale
    Moving forward, I will only buy EP when it's on the sales. The price itself is too expensive for me (after 2 times the currency exchange rate + tax).
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Only if...
    Fix the family play glitches first. Like not being able to play dollhouse with your kids and toddlers walking glitch.

But yes!
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Yes!
    Absolutely! The other life stages are severely lacking in content and gameplay.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes!
    Unless there is something very obviously wrong with it, I have no reason to skip a Generations pack.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Only if...
    The expansion pack would have to (absolutely HAVE TO) improve teenagers. Give them special things to enjoy (such as prom, afterschool clubs & activities, etc). I don't mind teens being the same height as adults (since many teens are actually as tall as or even taller than their parents in real life), but they seriously need things that separate them from young adults in The Sims 4... maybe their faces can be changed to look a bit younger and possibly awkward (as teens usually are).

Honestly, I feel like the best solution to the height controversy surrounding teens would be to add a height slider, but I already know that won't be happening in Sims 4... maybe Sims 5?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Other...
    If I feel there is enough content to justify the price AND if at least some of the almost game breaking bugs are fixed before. I'm getting to the point where I just cannot justify getting more packs until the content I already have is working properly.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other...
    It's not high on my priority list so I might skip it or get it on sale later.

• Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Only if...
    I would only buy it if certain things were added:

-content for toddlers, children, teens, adults, elders. Nothing new needs to be added to YA. Basically 90% of the content of the game revolves around them.
    -Actual gameplay. What that might be, I don't know. Maybe you could set multiple house rules or something, like "No computers after 9 pm"
    -Added social events for familial gatherings. funerals, npc weddings you get invited to, family reunions, anniversaries
    - Maybe the return of the daycare career from TS3.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Only if...
    ...someone could explain to me what a Generations Pack entails.

TS4 is my first venture.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes!
    yes, i would. Generations is a theme i'm very interested in.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes!
    I would like it to add detail to every life stage making them different from each other, Im hoping babies get a base game update, key features toddlers and children need more activities to do ( dress up box, toy cooker, play pen for toddlers), kids being able to play tag, park equipment (what we dont have), teens : acne, sneaking out with friends, prom , young adults/ adult more romantic interactions slow dancing, gifting flowers and chocolates , attraction system, zodiac signs, favourites : food, colour and music, adults midlife crisis, elders optional walking stick, hair rollers and pearl necklace
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Only if...
    @comicsforlife Thank you. Looks good!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'd wait for a sale
    To be fair, I always either wait for a sale, or don't buy at all. I have to budget. That means expansions only, unless something I really love comes up. I have most of the expansions, 2 of the hundred game packs, and 2 of the stuff packs. I don't expect enough from the DLC to justify paying full price so I can have it immediately.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Other...
    I mean what would be in the pack? I remember thinking Sims 3 Generations was way too expensive for whatever was in it. Didn't seem like much to me except for the creepy Imaginary friend. I loved that.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Only if...
    Only if it provided enough gameplay to be worthy of $40.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    No
    Never. I don't like storytelling, and I play with aging off--no kids, only adults
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes!
    I would love to have a generations pack. I hope if they do make it they actually expand on the different age groups to make them more individual.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Only if...
    I probably should have chosen yes because it's my favorite pack from TS3. I chose only if because the latest EPs haven't really grabbed me like I expected. I like them, I'm just not jumping for joy when playing them. So, I'll buy a Generations pack only if it's as good as Seasons and Parenthood, which I'm optimistic it will be. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Yes!
    Yes I would, and most likely without waiting for a sale. I hope that there is a baby update first where they are not just objects. I ‘d like to see things fir babies toddlers, children, adults, teens and elders, most of TS 4 is currently geared around young adults.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    Yes!
    Heck yes! Although I would wait for a sale because I never buy anything full price. That said, I'd be very excited about a Generations pack and it would be harder than usual to wait.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes!
    My poor Occult/Hybrid Families needs it so much & we need a better family tree.